Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

He shouldn't have started tbh, the 30 minute sub was sent as a message to Kalou from AVB. Good stuff.

no doubt that kalou should not have started but what happened was just cruel... i hope this acts as a catalyst for kalou to prove himself rather than just giving another public statement that he does not get enough time on pitch..

Reserve team defender Tomas Kalas has signed for Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem on loan until the end of the season.

The Czech defender, who recently reached the final of the Uefa European Under 19 Championships, featured several teams for the first team during pre-season, having represented the reserves 10 times during the second half of last season.

The 18-year-old originally signed from Sigma Olomouc in his homeland in the summer of 2010, but spent the first half of last season back on loan there as a first-team squad member.

Source: Chelsea FC

Had a lot of promise, I feel like his ability to read the game in attacks hasnt developed as quickly as some would have hoped. Isn't a great finisher and even though he has the skill and pace to beat defenders, his confidence in his ability holds him back from doing it. Which is, again, a mental aspect of the game.

He should give himself a new start in germany, France, netherlands I think he can be effective somewhere else.

He did score a few goals last season and always does try hard lol

Love how AVB subbed him after 35 minutes. At least one manager we've had knows he's absolute shit.

So why did he start him? Not Kalou's fault AVB started him.

I don't think Kalou should be anywhere near the starting XI but perhaps we cut the guy some slack. Hopefully his agent is looking for a club.

I was watching the game alone and like most I was muttering about Kalou. My resident expert/daughter sat down later in the afternoon and watched the game by herself. I came in the room a few minutes before Kalou got subbed and she knew he was going to be subbed. I asked her if she thought he should have been subbed and she said "he wasn't the only one playing like sh*t".

I was thinking back to one of her youth coaches who was a raving lunatic. During one game he started pulling girls out because they were playing horribly. They ended up playing 8 v 11 (and they had 8 girls sitting on the bench) because he was so pissed off. I know you can't do that at this level but can you imagine who would have been left playing after the first half.

Back to Kalou, she said "what the hell is on his head, he should be subbed for that stupid thing".

Rumors are surfacing this could be Kalou's last weekend w/ the Club. I did like his effort & there was times that he was absolutely brilliant. I know there are thousands of Chelsea fans that hate him, but I won't be one of them. I hope Kalou can come on in this match score one & put his hand over his face like he always does. It would be poetic justice.

You know I've always liked Kalou I've always considered him as the closest thing we've got to a tricky winger on top of which he seems to be kind of the class clown in the changing rooms and he seems like a genuinely nice bloke and he scores some vital goals look at the Tottenham game last season, but he just doesn't have the kind of return you'd expect from a winger playing for a world class team, sometimes he seems a bit lost up the pitch If he tried to get past the fullbacks a little more often then I'd be happier.

But as long as he's willing to play a bit part role as a kind of super sub i suppose, then I welcome him to stay but starting him in the front 3 is noooooot the best Idea hes just not a natural finisher he chips in with assists but hes no playmaker hes kind of a jack of all trades but I wouldn't give him starting berth personally.