DavidEU
Followers 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2/3rds of our trio behind the striker in the 2012 final.

pathetic fans over here, I alway said he is the best english lb after Ashley... he is a superb player, fast as a thunderbolt, superb technique (you could see it when he was loand to championship and s

He's still needed here. all we have to do is switch azpi back to his natural position and let him be back up to filipe. The funny thing is that what he's doing this season at Southampton, He was also

Posted Images

A good move for him. I hope he goes there on a permanent deal at the end of the season too. He deserves the stability.

It is a shame. I honestly thought he woukd be Ash's successor after the CL final and then the following season. Such a shame if never worked out like that. Good luck to him.

• Like 2

I dont understand the loan part of the deal.

Why didn't Saints just buy him?

Anyway Saints seems like a perfect club for us to send few of our youngsters over...

Good luck, thought he would be Ash's successor but it seems that it wasn't the case.

Hopefully he'll impress at the Saints and sign in January to help us add to the squad if it may happen.

And just to think, a couple of season ago it was a debate to either him or Van Aanholt who would replace Ash - and now all three are gone in the same window.

• Like 1

Would love to see him have a blinding season and come back to us. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that Ryan is a late bloomer, he has talent for sure.

Smart move by the club to be honest with Luis's age.

Glad he wasn't sold there. I think Southampton are going down and I don't think he should be forced into that sinking ship when it happens. Hopefully he does good there this season.

• Like 1

Let's hope he does well, a potential £10m on the line.

Can't see them making it permanent, they look likely to go down and even if they stay up it's a lot for a LB

Can't see them making it permanent, they look likely to go down and even if they stay up it's a lot for a LB

Don't forget they just sold £90m worth of players, cash is not really a problem at Soton.

I can see them staying up quite easily as well, yes they've lost some good players in Lambert, Lallana, Shaw and Lovren but honestly they've already gone and replaced half of them with equally as good players in Pelle and Tadic. Bertrand is not a bad replacement for Shaw either, and of course they'll bring in another player to replace Lovren too. They still have better players than a lot of PL teams.

• Like 2

Don't forget they just sold £90m worth of players, cash is not really a problem at Soton.

I can see them staying up quite easily as well, yes they've lost some good players in Lambert, Lallana, Shaw and Lovren but honestly they've already gone and replaced half of them with equally as good players in Pelle and Tadic. Bertrand is not a bad replacement for Shaw either, and of course they'll bring in another player to replace Lovren too. They still have better players than a lot of PL teams.

Yep, they just have to be better than 3 others - shouldn't be difficult for a well run club awash with money to strengthen.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

If Hull can get 12 million out of Saints how the fuck did we fail to get something decent for Betrand from them??

He's on loan... And they can choose to buy him for £10m at the end.

And it's not like Shane Long was in a similar position like Bertrand - unwanted.