Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

I don't think anyone can subjectively dispute that, but you can't deny either that Bertrand's performances this season have been better than all of Ash's (bar City, maybe). I'm not at all suggesting that this small sample is nearly enough to say that Ryan is better than Cole, but don't you think that it should be enough to give Ryan more chances especially that Ash is not exactly setting the world alight?

You are probably right in the point that he should play more, but players who are good enough to be squad players but no more tend to not replace any one regularly regardless of how they are performing. I would go further but im still half cut and will probably start mixing my words up :lol:

You are probably right in the point that he should play more, but players who are good enough to be squad players but no more tend to not replace any one regularly regardless of how they are performing. I would go further but im still half cut and will probably start mixing my words up :lol:

Well, considering the performances, maybe they should..

• 4 weeks later...

Can't believe that Ryan hasnt got many games this season. A natural left sided player i cant remember when he has been given a chance that he has played so shit that he deserved time out! Ffs play Azpil at rb and Ryan at lb or left side of midfield,ps i see Lfc paper gossip might like him grrrrr better not happen...

Can't believe that Ryan hasnt got many games this season. A natural left sided player i cant remember when he has been given a chance that he has played so shit that he deserved time out! Ffs play Azpil at rb and Ryan at lb or left side of midfield,ps i see Lfc paper gossip might like him grrrrr better not happen...

We won't sell to Liverpool (the Sturridge situation was different because he only had 6 months left on his contract).

well Mou confirmed today that he has 2 left backs in Cole and Azpi

must've been pleasant for Ryan hearing that

hopefully he finds a good club in januari, he doesn't deserve this pile of shite

thanks for that performance in Munich Ryan

Didn't he say Ryan's injured and that he has two left-backs available? Not sure though, didn't watch the press conference and only read bits and pieces of it on Twitter.

Anyway, not sure if I believe he's really injured. All these rumours of us going after Shaw in January with Bertrand allowed to leave makes this injury just a little bit too convenient to be believable IMO...

Didn't he say Ryan's injured and that he has two left-backs available? Not sure though, didn't watch the press conference and only read bits and pieces of it on Twitter.

Anyway, not sure if I believe he's really injured. All these rumours of us going after Shaw in January with Bertrand allowed to leave makes this injury just a little bit too convenient to be believable IMO...

well Mou confirmed today that he has 2 left backs in Cole and Azpi

must've been pleasant for Ryan hearing that

hopefully he finds a good club in januari, he doesn't deserve this pile of shite

thanks for that performance in Munich Ryan

Ryan and Cahill are our two injured players atm. http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

I'm more worried that a first team player is injured and it took the club two weeks to announce it.

Ryan wasn't on that list last week despite Jose saying that he has been injured for two weeks now.

Could we use him as part of a swap deal for Shaw? Tbh I think he is good enough to stay, he hasn't looked out of place in the games he has played and this could be Cole's last season. I really doubt Cole would take a pay cut because we wont give a 34 year old £80 000 per week. I doubt Azpilicueta would be happy to play as a left back on a permanent basis either. Although I rate Shaw I wouldn't put him straight into the first 11 as first choice left back, but rotate him with Bertrand.

Would be a real shame if we let him go. He hasn't often got a solid run of games in his natural position.