Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Read that hes going to Everton if Baines goes to United.

Don't really mind about that. He will cement the 1st team spot. (Same if we actually let him go on loan to liverpool earlier)

We can always get PVA back for loan.

no way that is going to happen ...sometimes I think journos have a comp to post the biggest heap of steaming shit ,,,

he is our only back up for Ash for fuck sake ...We are more likely to loan or sell Terry

no way that is going to happen ...sometimes I think journos have a comp to post the biggest heap of steaming shit ,,,

he is our only back up for Ash for fuck sake ...We are more likely to loan or sell Terry

I'm convinced that papers like the mail and mirror have two giant wheels similar to the wheel of fortune. One has the names of all the players and the other of all the clubs. the journos spin them and write a story linking whichever player that comes up with which ever club. That can be the only explanation why stories like Torres to Inter could be possible!

I'm convinced that papers like the mail and mirror have two giant wheels similar to the wheel of fortune. One has the names of all the players and the other of all the clubs. the journos spin them and write a story linking whichever player that comes up with which ever club. That can be the only explanation why stories like Torres to Inter could be possible!

the Mirror is just CRACKED the Mail is FUCKING EVIL and they don't seem to realise Bates has left

He's good enough to start and he's better at going forward than Cole is.

This will allow more freedom for Hazard and co. on that left flank as teams tend to ignore and contain Cole very easily whereas it's different for Ryan.

Really hope he gets to start the next few games.

Was expecting both him and Azpi to start yesterday. Still don't understand why they didn't. We could have really used the extra energy and width they provide.

I find it mind-numbing that Jose feels the need to rotate JT and Oscar but not Iva and Cole!

He's not Roberto Carlos, but I do think he suits our set up play better than Cole, and I still think Bertrand is fine defensively (Cole has a better mentality in big games though).

Bertrand's final ball was maybe lacking this game but his runs are better than Cole as is his comfortableness(word?) on the ball. The final ball will come I reckon as he learns - in some appearances last season he wasn't nearly as adventurous.

He's not Roberto Carlos, but I do think he suits our set up play better than Cole, and I still think Bertrand is fine defensively (Cole has a better mentality in big games though).

Bertrand's final ball was maybe lacking this game but his runs are better than Cole as is his comfortableness(word?) on the ball. The final ball will come I reckon as he learns - in some appearances last season he wasn't nearly as adventurous.

I actually thought he put in a couple of excellent crosses but Torres and Willian just didn't make the run. I think he definitely deserves to play more often, but I would still like to see Cole against Spurs because he is a player that can make a game-saving tackle or clearance.

And yes, "comfortableness" is a word, although I would have used "comfort level" instead :P

He did well tonight Ryan. He looked hungry. He should see more of him, especially considering the amount of games we'll be playing in the next few weeks.

Absolutely. No need to work Cole to death when we have a more than capable back up in Bertrand. Maybe not against Spurs but certainly against Steaua he should start.