Nemanja Matic

.Cee

unfortunately we beat barcelona and bayern with FL on the pitch in 2011-12, we were 1 second away from beating bayern munich this season with FL playing 120 minutes on the pitch. so as i see it u could not be more wrong.

http://www.carefreechronicles.com/2012/05/lampards-pass-to-ramires-vs-barcelona.html

http://carefreechronicles.tumblr.com/post/23866820770/lampards-assist-for-ramires-against-barcelona

also these passes beg to differ.

as far as matic is concerned, i hope he can get all the success in the world.

It's not 2011-2012 anymore, stop acting like it is. Lampard is old, slow and ineffective at this at his age.

Nemanja Matic......so good we signed him twice!

Chuffed to bits :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

That's the chant right there! Not sure if that's you meant it to be when you posted, but I like that a lot.

Nemanja Matic! So good we signed him twice!

It's not 2011-2012 anymore, stop acting like it is. Lampard is old, slow and ineffective at this at his age.

its a year and a half more from 18th and 24th april, not a decade. at 33, lamps was already old and slow. he was not ineffective then and neither is he ineffective now.

also u missed the game that happened this season.

its a year and a half more from 18th and 24th april, not a decade. at 33, lamps was already old and slow. he was not ineffective then and neither is he ineffective now.

also u missed the game that happened this season.

Stop fucking talking about Lampard, this is the Matic thread... Jesus Christ.

How is it shit, surely everyone on this forum can see the best possibly partnership for the pivot is Matic and Ramires. Lampard has been great for us and is a legend but he is getting on a bit and just doesnt provide enough defensively.

Next time try to explain the reason you disagree rather than insulting someone.

Whether Lampard has been contributing or not is rather irrelevant when it comes to showing some respect. If he's not giving us more, it's because he can't. But one thing is to point out he no longer deserves a place in the team, another is to refer to the club's biggest legend as some sort of old unwanted dirty rag. That's sickening to say the least.

if you know portuguese here it is the interview http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=f0qno6%3E&s=5#.UtbebhB_tyx

Actually, if you know Portuguese, watch this one instead:

It's a lot funnier LOL.

(Benfica's president saying no matter what happens, Matic only leaves for 50€m)

That's the chant right there! Not sure if that's you meant it to be when you posted, but I like that a lot.

Nemanja Matic! So good we signed him twice!

I could lie and say I mean't it as a chant but nope! We will divide the credit on the chant :D

Anyone know the updated version to MVG injury status is?

Is next season realistic?

I wonder if we buy another cm or bring in a youngster to fulfill the role...

I should hope he will be be ready for pre season ,,I thought he was in light training now

Is he a defensive midfielder, box to box, deep playmaker? What's his best trait - defending or attacking? How about his passing? Is he a quick player? Technical or rather relies on strength? He's 1.94 m, that's massive and exactly what we need, some height and physical intimidation in the middle. I'm just wondering if he fits with the style we're trying to implement.

Is he a defensive midfielder, box to box, deep playmaker? What's his best trait - defending or attacking? How about his passing? Is he a quick player? Technical or rather relies on strength? He's 1.94 m, that's massive and exactly what we need, some height and physical intimidation in the middle. I'm just wondering if he fits with the style we're trying to implement.

Am.....all of those which is why I'm very happy about this transfer :D Very rarely balanced midfielder! Most importantly, he works very very very hard and has a very calm, strong and stable personality. I believe his plan was always to shine at Benfica and return here :)

Great stamina, strong, good tackling, very good break up and counter attack play, never give up attitiude...just a player we need, just a player Mou likes, and a player at the mere start of his best career :D

AW CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM PLAY!!!

Good read about the situation....from BR.

What Nemanja Matic Will Bring to Chelsea Following January Transfer

According to the BBC, Nemanja Matic is set for a medical with Chelsea football club ahead of a £22 million move from Benfica.

He was pictured last night arriving at a London airport and, subsequently, at a hotel near the ground, affirming wild speculation that the Serbian was all set to ink a second deal with the club.

Casual fans will be confused by the deal: it's the same player the Blues sent to Benficaas part of the mega David Luiz deal, and his value, back then, was around €3 million. Now, Jose Mourinho is buying him back for 10 times that, so what gives?

Rapid, perhaps unforeseeable progression has elevated Matic to near world-class status as a defensive midfielder in just two short years.

He's blossomed with regular playing time and makes great strides every game, capable of dominating a match defensively and providing a platform for the forwards to attack.

In the summer of 2012, he assumed full control of Benfica's midfield, and with JaviGarcia sold to Manchester City, he immediately began showing Benfiquista why the Spaniard would never be missed.

He trumps Garcia in almost every tangible way, boasting great height (6'4"), wonderful range, better agility and more energy to his game.

ChelseaXIwithMatic_original.jpg?13897932
Tighe B/R

Those tuning in to Premier League matches weekly won't believe this to be a feat considering how sub-par Garcia has been for City, but in the Liga Sagres, he showed enough to convince Roberto Mancini to spend £15 million on him. Matic has shown to be better.

He's a tough, clean tackler and reads the game exceptionally well. He has an appropriate level of base speed and agility to cover the pitch sideline to sideline but spots danger in a fashion Per Mertesacker does, too; He's proactive, not reactive.

In possession, he's extremely reliable, ironed out his few faults on the ball quickly and has become an excellent distributor. It's not fancy, but that's not his job.

For Chelsea, he walks into the side as the club's No. 1 defensive midfielder. John Obi Mikel doesn't boast the top-end talent Matic does in any area of the game, and this is a big step toward solving the club's second-weakest area (behind forward).

A partnership of Matic and Ramires/David Luiz looks to be perfectly balanced, allowing for midfield solidity and central, vertical drive. Matic plus Frank Lampard or Mikel will not work quite as well.

He's got the discipline to succeed in Mourinho's system and will enjoy playing at the heart of an elite midfield. If you're looking for a Premier League comparison, look no further than the snappy nature of Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin.

Chelsea fans will be hoping the Serbian emulates the success of fellow January arrivalBranislav Ivanovic in 2008. We can't say whether he will yet, but we can say £22 million is a steal.