Nemanja Matic

.Cee

3 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Hopefully he's sold. He could never deliver the sort of performance Mikel did today. Doesn't have the intelligence or technique JOB has.

and mikel could never deliver the arsenal or city performances of matic

6 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Hopefully he's sold. He could never deliver the sort of performance Mikel did today. Doesn't have the intelligence or technique JOB has.

I'd give my right bollock for him to stay and sell that fraud Oscar instead

Just now, lucio said:

and mikel could never deliver the arsenal or city performances of matic

And Matic could never deliver the Munich performance of Mikel. JOB is far from infallible but unlike Matic he can actually pass and is one of the best in the World under pressure. He added swagger and confidence to the team today and played well alongside Chelsea's current whipping boy under awful conditions.

The entire team must be delighted that they aren't playing alongisde a cancer that's constantly caught of position, simply cannot pass at the standards of the Top level DM's and doesn't constantly overdribble.

6 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

No. He is a good player. Perhaps he shouldn't be starting every game, but this team need depth, and seeling good players is never a good idea when you don't have enough depth. 

5 minutes ago, Ossie the King said:

Bloody hell. Always amuses me that those with the 'little black book of people I like to moan about on the internet' are so quick to pounce.

The guy has been magnificent for us at times but as soon as his form drops, boom. 

What's happened today is the gauntlet has been thrown down and it's up to him to respond. Our squad isn't big enough to just sell people so unfortunately you have to just support them. Take a leaf out of the book of our wonderful travelling support today and enjoy the result ok lad?

Matic has not been "magnificent" since David Luiz left the club. He's just as inconsistent as Oscar is and is a notorious big game flop where he's routinely outclassed by his fellow peers. What Thiago Motta did to him in the CL last season should be illegal.

1 minute ago, Henrique said:

No. He is a good player. Perhaps he shouldn't be starting every game, but this team need depth, and seeling good players is never a good idea when you don't have enough depth. 

I'd say we sell high and sign a Top class DM instead. This team needs a player in the mold of Busquets, Kroos, Alonso, Motta etc. Costa, Oscar, Matic can all go for me. We need to start signing footballers again that can play not just athletes.

11 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Jokes on you, I'm done with Oscar too after his OT performance. Go after Isco who's unsettled and sell him to Juve.

You can't defend someone for like a year or two then say "jokes on you" after you change your mind a week ago. :lol:

55 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

And Matic could never deliver the Munich performance of Mikel. JOB is far from infallible but unlike Matic he can actually pass and is one of the best in the World under pressure. He added swagger and confidence to the team today and played well alongside Chelsea's current whipping boy under awful conditions.

The entire team must be delighted that they aren't playing alongisde a cancer that's constantly caught of position, simply cannot pass at the standards of the Top level DM's and doesn't constantly overdribble.

i'm cautious about using munich as an example. any other day, we would have lost 6-0, and no one would mention obi doing a few spins and passes

12 minutes ago, lucio said:

i'm cautious about using munich as an example. any other day, we would have lost 6-0, and no one would mention obi doing a few spins and passes

I have to agree with this. Mikel's performance vs Munich is often hailed as some kind of masterclass. But it really wasn't. Munich were far too dominant to make such a claim. He did well, with a couple strong plays, but it wasn't a great performance. It's not like he shut down any of their players and he wasn't a dominant force in midfield by being a step ahead of his opponents either.