Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Nemanja Matic

DavidEU
Followers 2

The Serbian midfielder made his debut in the 2-1 win over Sampdoria last night at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.

And although Chelsea is part of his history, Matic seemed to make a dig at his old team-mates.

When asked for his thoughts on the current United squad, Matic said: “They are amazing.

“I played in a few clubs in my career, but these guys are amazing.”

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3622226/title/matic-signs  

"I had other offers but Mourinho is Mourinho"

DISGUSTING POST ,,only a Hammer or Scouser would call Lampard that ...... I would get banned for using the term that would accurately describe you

Posted Images

On 8/3/2017 at 11:23 AM, xPetrCechx said:

The Serbian midfielder made his debut in the 2-1 win over Sampdoria last night at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.

And although Chelsea is part of his history, Matic seemed to make a dig at his old team-mates.

When asked for his thoughts on the current United squad, Matic said: “They are amazing.

“I played in a few clubs in my career, but these guys are amazing.”

I hate comments like that, not respectful really. Okay he maybe is angry with the club, but keep it away from public...

Like I and others have said, Matic is still too good of a player to have sold to a direct rival. There's no way Conte would've sent him there if it were completely up to him. Much like Cech to Arsenal where Mou would've blocked that.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

Conte on Matic sale to United: " You have to ask the club ". 

Ouch!

I don't think Conte is going to stay with us beyond next season. 

Already more friction between him and the board you can see it with these types of comments. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Typical board love profit so they sold him to United. The dispute was where he should go. Couldve sold him to juve lesser and loosened them up on sandro.

Idle speculation. You can't force someone to join another club so it appeases the fans.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2017 at 7:50 PM, Pizy said:

Seeing a lot of the same thing on Twitter. Also things like "He was an absolutely vital part of Chlesea's team last year. One of their best players." 

I think he'll do very well initially but his shortcoming will become apparent as the season goes on. He's a definite upgrade on Fellaini and Carrick at his age so I still think it was dumb to sell him there. He's not going to elevate their overall level like all their fans are now saying. When they play quick passing, highly mobile midfields theyll struggle.

The question is,..how often are they going to face highly mobile midfields like that?

I agree he's not going to set them on fire in the Champions league or any big game, but he will do a good job for them over the entire season

• Like 1
21 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

I don't think we sold matic without conte's premission.

if they take naingolan is a good thing. 

sell matic and stay with cesc kante baka is insufficient 

• Like 1
On 30.7.2017 at 0:47 PM, the wes said:

Will u be changing your team to utd if he goes there? 

Of course not, but coming back from a one week Vacation I am still in shock about the Transfer.

My favorite Player is gone ... And Conte and/ore the Chelsea Board managed to give away a Football Genius to a direct Rivel for basically no Money.

40 Million fore Matic is no Money ... We basically gave him away fore free.

And United are about to form one of the possibly greatest Midfields in League History.

Thumbs up ... 

• Like 1

Nemanja Matic to Man Utd: Steven Gerrard gives verdict on huge signing from Chelsea

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/635926/Man-Utd-Transfer-News-Steven-Gerrard-Nemanja-Matic-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-Premier-League

Apparently while in the BT studio going take his seat beside Frank Lampard he ...

• Like 1
On 06/08/2017 at 0:00 AM, TheWiz said:

Of course not, but coming back from a one week Vacation I am still in shock about the Transfer.

My favorite Player is gone ... And Conte and/ore the Chelsea Board managed to give away a Football Genius to a direct Rivel for basically no Money.

40 Million fore Matic is no Money ... We basically gave him away fore free.

And United are about to form one of the possibly greatest Midfields in League History.

Thumbs up ... 

Ye man utd could form the best midfield in ages, but first u would have to remove matic and fellani then u can say they are making progress lol 

3 hours ago, mccg said:

Nemanja Matic to Man Utd: Steven Gerrard gives verdict on huge signing from Chelsea

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/635926/Man-Utd-Transfer-News-Steven-Gerrard-Nemanja-Matic-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-Premier-League

Apparently while in the BT studio going take his seat beside Frank Lampard he ...

You forgot about the Goal he scored for chelsea lol

• Like 1