Chelsea v Man United

Jase

Sounds like suicide to me. No striker.. when we have Hernandez and Welbeck? Don't believe it - Danny will start or at least he should! To go to your home ground and play some stupid new tactic he's been working on with Phil Neville is quite honestly seriously worrying. Moyes needs to remember he isn't Jose Mourinho and tinker way less with players and tactics. He needs something solid nailed down and working. To be fair though, RvP and Rooney are a big loss, but it's not like Kagawa and Welbeck/Hernandez can't play football. He's not being forced into it - he's still choosing it. I'm still showing my support to the manager, but he honestly does bemuse me sometimes; he does himself no favours.

The way to beat Chelsea is attack them - if there is a liability/weakeness it is in defence, with the two central defenders looking very dubious at times. Either road, this is a massive game for us, and if we lose it we surely can't win the title. Win or draw though and we should reap some reward.

You're back. Our defence have conceded 1 goal in 6 matches. And in fact we have let only 7-8 shots on target in that 6 matches time. Getting to our defence will be hard enough especially without rooney and vanpersie.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, this week is special. Not only I'll watch a Chelsea match in a pub for the first time, but I'll take part of BBC Radio live before the match. I was chosen in Chelsea Brasil for their pre-match show, and will give an interview about the match. So if you guys in England hear a Barbara in your radio, that'll be me :) live about 45-30 minutes before the match.

That's fantastic Barbs. Best of luck to you :P

Don't mistake my comments for putting him down to a level of useless. I'm just saying this is where I think you can be exploited. The problem for the most part is being able to, with good defensive midfield cover and team work.

Terry is still a good player, yes. A shade of the true player though, and coupled with dodgy defensive partners I think it's an area of weakness.

No. You are wrong.

If there is ANY area we've been weak in it is in the defensive midfield. And obviousley in the striker area.

Don't know if Jose will trust Luiz in midfield in this one. I think Lamps will start next to Ramires, unfortunately.

Also, I read somewhere that Rooney may be having a late fitness test before the match, so I wouldn't be surprised if he played. Could just be made up twitter bullshit.

thanks The_Flash I am use to it since I moved to New Zealand over 8 and a half years ago & the times for the premier league at 5am is pretty good for me instead of early during and after Midnight.How are you doing and how is 2014 so far for you The_Flash. I hope 2014 is a good one for you and your family and all the best wishes for you in 2014.I hope you have a good one.

Thank you, I am fine, hope you had nice Christmas and New Year.

Hope you enjoy the game tomoz :)

We need to put a lock on their wingers

.....................Cech................

Azpi...........Luiz...........Terry..........Cole

...................Rami......Mikel...................

Shurrle..........Mata...............Hazard

..........................Torres..................

Schurrle's superior defensive work rate will come in handy against their pacy wingers.

I reckon this is the sort of game that Mata can really roam in the midfield and send in those assists.

We will never get an easier game against Manures especially if Moyes is sacked in the summer. :P Expecting a huge victory tomorrow.

Carefree and ktbffh

We need to put a lock on their wingers

.....................Cech................

Azpi...........Luiz...........Terry..........Cole

...................Rami......Mikel...................

Shurrle..........Mata...............Hazard

..........................Torres..................

Schurrle's superior defensive work rate will come in handy against their pacy wingers.

I reckon this is the sort of game that Mata can really roam in the midfield and send in those assists.

We will never get an easier game against Manures especially if Moyes is sacked in the summer. :P Expecting a huge victory tomorrow.

Carefree and ktbffh

you think Schurrle has superior defensive work rate then Willian?

That's fantastic Barbs. Best of luck to you :P

if they like me I'd be willing to fulfill that Chelsea pundit spot until Mourinho is 75 and can take his position. Until there I could sit there and go with all the rules he's said yesterday: Chelsea always deserve the win, are always the best team in the pitch and are always harmed by the referees. I feel I forgot one, but I'd have time to practice :P The MOTD would never be the same after me. Only Chelsea love and no scouse accent.

a girl can dream... and spout BS, :lol:

well, this week is special. Not only I'll watch a Chelsea match in a pub for the first time, but I'll take part of BBC Radio live before the match. I was chosen in Chelsea Brasil for their pre-match show, and will give an interview about the match. So if you guys in England hear a Barbara in your radio, that'll be me :) live about 45-30 minutes before the match.

Congrats! I'll also see if there will be a recording of it on BBC's website (we get BBC 5Live here via BFBS radio)

you think Schurrle has superior defensive work rate then Willian?

Actually I do. I also feel that Schurrle is the only AM in our side who can actually work as a full-back in emergency situations.

Maybe Willian is a better runner than Schurrle but defensively he needs to get his technique right at times.

Actually I do. I also feel that Schurrle is the only AM in our side who can actually work as a full-back in emergency situations.

Willian never gets the praise he deserves. On Sky Sports website this morning they were banging on about how he has found it hard to settle in and that he is not scoring enough goals. Willian's work rate is just as good as anyone else's but he doesn't get recognised for some reason, particularity by TV pundits.