Chelsea v Man United

Jase

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we get closer to this match, it's scarying me. Think this is the first time in ages that we are the overwhelming favorite to beat United and won't be a surprise if something silly happens on Sunday.

Their record against top nine teams this season:

Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea

Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd

Man City 4-1 Man Utd

Man Utd 1-1 Southampton

Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal

Tottenham 2-2 Man Utd

Man Utd 0-1 Everton

Man Utd 0-1 Newcastle

Man Utd 1-2 Tottenham

So no, they don't. Not under the rubbish David Moyes.

Results don't demonstrate how well a team performs.

"Really really poor today against City in a game you would have expected them to be firing on all cylinders for keen to close the gap and prove a point in the process.

Other than Cahill, the players just didn't look interested.

They were up against a rather weakened City midfield and still could not get a foothold or retain possession in the middle of the pitch.

The likes of Luiz, Ramires, Mikel, Ba, Torres simply aren't in the same bracket as what United and City have. Hazard and Oscar still have everything to prove too. Even Spurs would have given City a better game today.

If they can't get themselves up for a game like that then what is the point? I would take Welbeck, Cleverley, Young, Carrick, Valencia, Hernandez, Smalling, Jones over that lot anyday.

For a club that has spent such obscene quantities of money on players and call themselves European Champions it is embarrassing and I fear for them that their problems are quite deep rooted."

A post from a United fan on Redcafe one year ago. Love it how things can quickly change. :chai:

Results don't demonstrate how well a team performs.

Yeah and with United being the major underdogs for this game, Moyes will thrive under it. It's in his nature to upset the apple carts when people least expect it. Has proved so at Everton and he did the same when they played Arsenal this season. Can't afford to take them lightly at all on Sunday, however average they have been.

I guess for the first time in many years the pressure in on Chelsea to win this as United from where things are have nothing to lose .... They have been already taken to the cleaners, they lose wouldnt make much difference BUT if they win you can just imagine how everyone is going to go Ga-ga ... so we better win this one!

Yeah and with United being the major underdogs for this game, Moyes will thrive under it. It's in his nature to upset the apple carts when people least expect it. Has proved so at Everton and he did the same when they played Arsenal this season. Can't afford to take them lightly at all on Sunday, however average they have been.

Glad to see someone else realising this won't be a walk-over. This is Manchester United, not some flash-in-the-pan like Southampton were earlier this season.

This is a 3 point for def..If we want to prove we are title contenders this are games we should win at home with a bit of comfort... It won't be easy as everybody expects us to win the game.. But one thing I know for sure we won't be complacent infact Mourinho will pump up the guys..with competion stiff in the midfield especialy with the arrival of Matic..The players chosen for the pivot should up their game to secure their place for the next fixture..

looking at everton right now, i would say moyes UNDER-ACHIEVED with them.

also, as far as i remember moyes dint win a match at the home of big 4.

as for united their one win against a top 9 (9 for god's sake), came against an arsenal team who had played chelsea, pool, bvb and united in a space of 10 days with almost the same team.

as for the "big-match stigma", u need to have big players. rooney and rvp are those. when u take them out, do we really even expect welbeck, januzaj to be THOSE players?

i for one expect a win, a simple win. anything else would simply be outrageous, specially since we went to OT with the simple hope of getting a draw. we should be winning this match.

Not confident about this game at all, but eh, I am a pessimist, so :rolleyes:

Would LOVE to see Matic get a shout in the 2nd half if everything bodes well. Going for 3-2 Chels, but could definitely see the headlines of 'MOYES TEACHES THE SPECIAL ONE A SPECIAL LESSON AT THE BRIDGE' or 'Chosen One smashes The Not so Happy One'... <_<

ANYHOW, GO CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!! :blue scalf:

Oh ye of little faith. We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Watch us overun them in the second half...

Wish I shared your optimism and confidence. Think it'll be a very tough match. They're like a wounded animal with its back against the wall.

A win for us here could potentially end their top 4 hopes. A win for them could catapult them right back into things with their star players close to returning.

I'll be praying to the football gods all weekend. Haven't wanted to win a match this badly since the Arsenal game a little while ago. I want to smash these arrogant pricks.