Chelsea v Man United

Jase

Was a long shot but it's disappointing. Seems to offer exactly what we need for this game but I suppose it's a toss up between Luiz and Mikel now.

Apparently it's out of loyalty and nothing to do with him needing to familiarise himself with our system though as some suggested. The similarities between the role he was performing at Benfica and here shouldn't have been too vast, especially when you consider we've played a defender in that position.

Like you said, 'similarities' and not 'same-ness'. It may look similar on paper but the minute of details, tactical instructions etc could be a whole lot different between what Jorge Jesus and Mourinho want from their players. And funny thing with that defender is that he has played under our current manager for 6 1/2 months already and understands what he wants by now.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Robin van Persie, the boss says: "I'm hoping Robin has a good chance of training at the start of next week. It would be a great boost."

David Moyes says @WayneRooney has returned fresh from his warm-weather break but is not ready to face @ChelseaFC on Sunday. #mufc

Yes yes, bring it on!!!

loool epic :D

“Chelsea Football Club has parted company this morning with manager David Moyes. We’d like to thank David for his hard work since he arrived at the club and we wish him all the best for the future. The board felt that a change was necessary now to keep the club moving in the right direction and we appeal for the fans to give their full support to new manager John Terry.”

Im pretty sure we'll see a 4-3-3 and play defensively.

Sounds logical, since we've been leaking goals lately and United are in a great form. And we did the same against ManCity and Liverpool too! ;)

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 3m

Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie out of Man UTD’s game at Chelsea on Sunday #SSN

If we wont win this game now, this will be embarassing.

Indeed.

I think it'll be a boring, uneventful 1st half with no goals but we'll kick into gear in the 2nd half and win 2-1. Only thing that really worries me about them without RvP and Rooney is their wingers. We struggle against crosses and set pieces which is what their game is based on. I can see both Valencia and Januzaj causing a few headaches down the flanks.

If we win and Liverpool do as well I can't see a way United finish in the CL places. Must win game here for me.

I'd have to go on an internet blackout for a week if we lost to this United side. It would be unbearable.

nited will do the same as they did against Swansea. sitting back and trying to counter-attack. will be a tough match for us to crack them up but we will surely dominate this game in terms of possesion.

nited will do the same as they did against Swansea. sitting back and trying to counter-attack. will be a tough match for us to crack them up but we will surely dominate this game in terms of possesion.

If they do sit back I really don't think it will be that hard to crack them with our attack. I can see us winning this comfortably.

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews 3m

Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie out of Man UTD’s game at Chelsea on Sunday #SSN

If we wont win this game now, this will be embarassing.

It would still be embarassing if we lost with those two playing, in my opinion.
There are simply NO excuses. Not even the same old one that our strikers are useless. Nothing short of a win is tolerable here. We must approach them with the aggressiveness of an angry bully and show no mercy.

It would still be embarassing if we lost with those two playing, in my opinion.
There are simply NO excuses. Not even the same old one that our strikers are useless. Nothing short of a win is tolerable here. We must approach them with the aggressiveness of an angry bully and show no mercy.

They still have Chicarito.....

And we have yet to see the best from Kagawa....

Still, if we cant win, i would be really disappointed...I can understand crap team + RVP a chance of losing, but not without him....

United tactics are simple, get wide and fire in low crosses blindly into the box and hope it falls to a united player. That's all Valencia and Evra do. Januzaj is the only one that can actually disguise passes but he's too weak to really impose himself on us imo.

Shut down the wings and we'll be fine.

Just wait for Hernandez's usual goal against us.

From an offside position.

I think they'll score in the same way they have been recently. Jammy Welbeck goal after the ball pinballs off of 3 players in the box from a Valencia cross.