Thomas Hitzlsperger announces he is gay

Amblève.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never understood this attitude that you shouldn't care about stuff like this because there's nothing wrong with homosexuality. Well guess what? Gay people face social stigma and discrimination EVERY DAY and for you to have a passive attitude like "who cares" is fucking sickening tbh. It's a bad attitude to have towards it and shouldn't be glorified as "the right attitude." Ugh.

Okay, this is adressed to me. Read my post again, what I said was that people who actually care if some stranger is gay or not are idiots. They are the ones who make this a story. Whether you care if he came out and tries to break the stigma is irrelevant. My point was directed at the people who care about the fact someone is gay, not if he/she publicly admits it. In short: if you're glad he came out, OKAY. If you're glad or angry he's gay, NOT OKAY... hence my "who cares" approach to the whole situation.

Yes, It was a reply because you made inferences about urges gay guys will have, lmao.

Also: you conveniently didnt reply to all the rest. Actually, yes: if neither party sees it as sexual: what is wrong with it. We have mixed sauna's here. We have mixed showers in public places. It is about culture and customs, nothing more.

^ Will Could have

Ok then, so come Saturday at the KC stadium Eva Carneiro (the same sexual orientation as a gay man) will be lathering up with the team 'if she wants'. Sorted, done, next topic.

If we're changing the culture & customs of football it has to be done without double standards.

terapahe.jpg

Right ..... Never mind.

I tried to inject a bit of humour into the latter of that 2nd line, 'since I was only rehashing'. Probably wasn't the best idea though, a simple mind can't detect subtly through modems. Thus resorts to posting pseudo-funny pics..

My initial argument still stands.

I tried to inject a bit of humour into the latter of that 2nd line, 'since I was only rehashing'. Probably wasn't the best idea though, a simple mind can't detect subtly through modems. Thus resorts to posting pseudo-funny pics..

My initial argument still stands.

If i didn't get your incredible humor infusion, it is more likely to do with English not being my native language. I am sure you would get my jokes just fine when I speak Dutch, French, German or even Latin.

You argument fails, because you keep switching topics every time you get a rebuttal. I say to you something very, very simple: your argument is a prime example of the naturalistic fallacy, a common know debating fallacy since David Hume. Look it up before accusing me from being simple minded, ow controversial one.

it's just nature, if an openly gay man is allowed in a communal shower then so is Eva Carneiro.

Simple.

Here above the original statement

Also : my claim: Deriving 'ought' from 'is' = naturalistic fallacy in philosophy

You use 'it is just nature' ergo if gay is allowed so is Eva = fallacy for your argument

On Wiki just to keep it simple:

In philosophical ethics, the term "naturalistic fallacy" was introduced by British philosopher G. E. Moore in his 1903 book Principia Ethica.[1] Moore argues it would be fallacious to explain that which is good reductively, in terms of natural properties.

The naturalistic fallacy is closely related to the fallacious appeal to nature, the claim that what is natural is inherently good or right, and that what is unnatural is inherently bad or wrong. Furthermore, Moore's naturalistic fallacy is closely related to the is/ought problem, which comes from Hume's Treatise.

Indeed: philosophy 101

Excuse me? Can you be a bit more precise?

This is a serious topic. Especially to me.

The last page or two have been ridiculous.

I respect that. My arguments however were very, very serious and I understood where you are coming from, David. Myself, I have been active on that topic for very long. Both in organisations for sexual education (including television) as in the direction of the belgian anti-hiv organisation.

So I hope your claim isn't directed towards me, actually. If anything, i adressed the error in those kind of claims - claims you hear all too often. Peace!

I respect that. My arguments however were very, very serious and I understood where you are coming from, David. Myself, I have been active on that topic for very long. Both in organisations for sexual education (including television) as in the direction of the belgian anti-hiv organisation.

So I hope your claim isn't directed towards me, actually. If anything, i adressed the error in those kind of claims - claims you hear all too often. Peace!

My reply had nothing to do with your comments mate. Don't worry! I meant it was a shame that instead of talking about Hitzlsperger coming out, people are discussing Eva in the showers.

• 1 month later...

Don't be afraid to admit it Amels. We know you meant to say it's the latter. :Goober:

Both are, tbh :Goober:

Can't believe I've only just noticed this. Both are you are demoted.

scariest-gifs-no-need.gif

On a serious note, the fact this topic has gone so quiet shows how much of a non-story a player being gay is... The only reason it is made such a huge thing is because the media sensationalise it so much, and the language they use - a player "admitting" to being gay - makes it a far bigger deal than it is. Who needs to know about someone's sexuality? It's bloody Draconian for people to do so. I though categorising society ended after Apartheid? Perhaps not.

Can't believe I've only just noticed this. Both are you are demoted.

scariest-gifs-no-need.gif

On a serious note, the fact this topic has gone so quiet shows how much of a non-story a player being gay is... The only reason it is made such a huge thing is because the media sensationalise it so much, and the language they use - a player "admitting" to being gay - makes it a far bigger deal than it is. Who needs to know about someone's sexuality? It's bloody Draconian for people to do so. I though categorising society ended after Apartheid? Perhaps not.

I don't agree with that at all. The reason nothing more is being made out of it, is because he isn't still an active footballer. If he was you know there would be faggot chants and other tasteless crap from every single rival club he played against and be controversy about that. That's where the problem is, no active footballer (other than some third division in Sweden guy) can be open about their sexuality and that is a problem.

It's also a fairly important story with the world cup in Qatar coming up, a country so backwards it's still illegal to be gay.

I don't agree with that at all. The reason nothing more is being made out of it, is because he isn't still an active footballer. If he was you know there would be faggot chants and other tasteless crap from every single rival club he played against and be controversy about that. That's where the problem is, no active footballer (other than some third division in Sweden guy) can be open about their sexuality and that is a problem.

It's also a fairly important story with the world cup in Qatar coming up, a country so backwards it's still illegal to be gay.

That's a fair point, but the fact so many have shown their support for him demonstrates that we're getting to a stage in this country where we can just man up and move on.