• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. Back then people were saying those were great results...

Hindsight eh! If we had to play United after everyone, including themselves, realised they were crap we'd probably have got the 3 points. Let's not forget that we hit the crossbar in both those games though - Schurrle v. United and Lampard v. Arsenal. Fine margins.

29.03. 18:30 Arsenal Manchester City

05.04. 13:45 Manchester City Southampton

13.04. 14:30 Liverpool Manchester City

16.04. 20:45 Manchester City Sunderland

21.04. 21:00 Manchester City West Brom

27.04. 17:10 Crystal Palace Manchester City

03.05. 16:00 Everton Manchester City

07.05. 20:45 Manchester City Aston Villa

11.05. 16:00 Manchester City West Ham

I think they still can drop atleast 4-5 points in their upcoming 3 matches, i think liverpool can beat them and arsenal or southampton have a chance to drew, also don't forget they have to go and play on goodison park, that's never easy trip.

We won 7 out off 8 not long back (9 out off 10 if we count the 2 FA games), with the exception off Wet Sham which we completely dominated but it ended up 0-0, sometimes you thrash teams in general play yet still not win, it happens.

6 off our games are against the so called lesser sides, while they will make it tough, with our defence one break will be enough in most off them, despite our struggles against bus parkers, we rarely fail to score vs them.

As for Anfield, i am convident Mou will outsmart Brendan for this one, Liverpool fans will point to their "amazing" atmosphere, but if we get our tactics right, keep concentration and take control, those muppets can scream as loud as they want, we will be leaving there with 3 points.

7/7 will be hard, but it is most certainly do-able.

Foy cost us dearly against Villa but the West Ham and WBA bottlejobs are games we might end up looking back on come the end of the season. We should be running away with the League with our results against the Top 10 for fucks sake.

We're going to have to win every game this season and pray City drop points in two of their remaining 9 games...all this while balancing the CL. It's going to take a miracle for that to happen I'm afraid.

3rd? Mourinho is supposed to do better than RDM and Benítez.

He already has. We are in the quarterfinals of CL and compared to the 75 points in 38 games last season we have 69 in 31 games. We were in a close 3rd/4th fight where as we are in a title race now. So mourinho has already done better.

Hindsight eh! If we had to play United after everyone, including themselves, realised they were crap we'd probably have got the 3 points. Let's not forget that we hit the crossbar in both those games though - Schurrle v. United and Lampard v. Arsenal. Fine margins.

It's funny. If we had beaten some of the lesser sides that we dropped points against and sitting further clear right now, people wouldn't even be complaining about those 2 games against United and Arsenal. Getting a point away from home against your rival (at least back then) is not a bad result. Admittedly, the approach in the two said games weren't probably the best but circumstances then dictated we played such way. Maybe we should just gone out there and attack them. We might have won or maybe even lose by a couple of goals, that would please some people I supposed..

It's funny. If we had beaten some of the lesser sides that we dropped points against and sitting further clear right now, people wouldn't even be complaining about those 2 games against United and Arsenal. Getting a point away from home against your rival (at least back then) is not a bad result. Admittedly, the approach in the two said games weren't probably the best but circumstances then dictated we played such way. Maybe we should just gone out there and attack them. We might have won or maybe even lose by a couple of goals, that would please some people I supposed..

Indeed - at the end of 38 games, the best team wins... I think we have showed some brilliance, but are a long way from a finished product - next season with a striker (how many years have I said this?) things will improve again ;)

Just wish we had got 1 point against Villa - can see City dropping points - but 4 - that's unlikely - maybe 2 points, getting a draw at Anfield..

has to be. Very pivotal. It took city 2 results away from us, not just one.

Not really, because it wasnt just against Villa that we dropped silly points...

What about WBA twice? West Ham? Newcastle? Stoke? Etc.

Every game is worth the same amount of points, no matter when they are played. Had we won against WBA at least at home, losing to Villa wouldnt have been such a tremendously bad result.

If we lose the title, the Villa loss will be only ONE of the reasons why...