Chelsea report loss of £49.4m for the financial year

Toli

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this getting so much attention from all the major sporting websites?? Real Madrid have around 1 billion dollars debt. Most top clubs in Europe aren't at equals. If Citeh weren't sponsored by there owners, they'd be fucked!! They have absolutely no fan base outside Greater Manchester.

Well, here's to hoping we can get the stadium improvements we need. + I hope that the club factors in the introduction of safe-standing into its plans.

Safe standing, thats hardly a priority,would be way down on my list of what the club has to spend. I really don't want it myself.

Safe standing, thats hardly a priority,would be way down on my list of what the club has to spend. I really don't want it myself.

Never said it was a priority, but as a match-going fan I definitely think it will improve stadium atmosphere, allow higher capacity (assuming we can improve the transport facilities to cope) and maybe, just maybe, reduce ticket prices for the standing zones.

Why wouldn't you want it? Loads of people pretty much stand anyway and this would actually be safer and allow more people to get to games.

As usual a nice 'headline figure' that bears no correlation to 'facts'

We are within FFP tolerances and with the new kit deal, increased sponsorships and CL qualification we are looking good.

Add in the reduction of Lampard, Cole and Essiens salary - plus a bit of dead wood clear out and we are looking brilliant.

If we could ship out Torres and BA that would be even better :)

Plenty to be optimistic about - next year, if we sell some players - could even turn a profit :)

Never said it was a priority, but as a match-going fan I definitely think it will improve stadium atmosphere, allow higher capacity (assuming we can improve the transport facilities to cope) and maybe, just maybe, reduce ticket prices for the standing zones.

Why wouldn't you want it? Loads of people pretty much stand anyway and this would actually be safer and allow more people to get to game

From what I remember hearing cant increase the Capacity to a large number due to only 2 main exits.Health and safety and guidelines etc

Not to bad considering everything that's happened lately..seems a case of making it sound more dramatic then it is

From what I remember hearing cant increase the Capacity to a large number due to only 2 main exits.Health and safety and guidelines etc

Not to bad considering everything that's happened lately..seems a case of making it sound more dramatic then it is

Yeah that's right.

My original post meant to convey my hope that if we were looking to do a major stadium redevelopment or moving completely (thereby eliminating the capacity issue in terms of exits) - I hope that we factor in a standing sections into the plans.

Remind me again how many standing-related incidents have there been in Germany, let's say for the past 20 years?

Perhaps they've been lucky but too many people elsewhere have lost their loves. I am not getting into it. It's new year :)

• 2 weeks later...

A few deeper readings into the matter:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/1/9/5293028/chelseas-wage-bill-climbs-to-176-6m

Surprised to see our wage bill actually go up (176.6m per year now) despite us getting rid of some of the higher earners in the team. However:

Chelsea could save nearly £24m on the 2014-2015 wage bill just by letting Samuel Eto'o, Frank Lampard, and Ashley Cole walk this summer while re-signing John Terry to a one-year extension at £100k per week.

:fainthv9:

Obviously, we'd still need to replace them, but we can still end up saving a lot especially if you consider that Eto'o replacement will most likely be Lukaku.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/1/8/5276182/chelsea-player-wage-database-salaries-january-transfer-window#comment_tease

This is a very important point about wage exemptions and why those screaming "Just pay 60m for this player or 80m for that" are very far from reality:

if they (Chelsea) report fewer losses for 2013-2014, then they will likely be able to use the wage exemption for the 2014-2015 monitoring period. For Chelsea, the wage exemption is worth close to £80m in FFP write-offs (!!!!), so expect Chelsea to take steps to reduce its losses this season.
With Chelsea currently unable to use the wage exemption, and given that financial fair play mandates that we look at the financial aspects of any potential transfer almost as closely as we do the tactical aspects,

Also, how in the world is Oscar on 40K/wk only?! Someone give this man a contract renegotiation ASAP!

A more detailed explanation about FFP rules Annex 11 relief and why we could not use it, not that we needed it in the end: http://www.danielgeey.com/uefa-ffp-and-chelseas-12-13-accounts/