• Mikel
    • Mata
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Eto'o
    • Lampard (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

LOL I actually wrote Scwarzer, but apparently my iPad thinks we're better off playing Arnold there :lol:

It's not bad suggestion, tbh :P Maybe he can "terminate" the opponents attacks in midfield ;goober:

hahaha, this is why. #iPadwankers

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eto'os finishing was beyond a joke, but he did hold the ball up well at times.

Noticed nobody has criticized Cole. He did some very, very stupid things today. Makes you wonder how he has 100 England caps when he jumps over the ball like a pony several times in the game, hoping that it goes out for a throw in and makes him look clever. Not so clever when on 2 occasions they keep the ball in is it?

Eto'os finishing was beyond a joke, but he did hold the ball up well at times.

Noticed nobody has criticized Cole. He did some very, very stupid things today. Makes you wonder how he has 100 England caps when he jumps over the ball like a pony several times in the game, hoping that it goes out for a throw in and makes him look clever. Not so clever when on 2 occasions they keep the ball in is it?

Because everyone know this is Cole's last season for Chelsea

I've noticed that Schurrle has a hard time influencing games from the bench. Much better starting. Willian should've always been the first sub to make. A fresh Willian is one of the last players an opposition team would want to deal with in the last 20mins.

Ramires has been atrocious in the final third recently. Say what you want, but there's no excuse for not being able to make simple passes, especially in important counter-attacking moments. If we ended up drawing that game I think there would've been a few more people to chastise him.

Seriously, if the striker situation isn't addressed in January there is something seriously wrong with the club. If we can find £30m for Willian, our 12th attacking-midfielder, I think people are entitled to expect a decent striker sometime soon. Even someone like Dzeko or Hernandez would be fine for now (not that we'd get them). Anyone at all, seriously. Ship out Ba for a few million (the only one we could ship) and get someone in.

We've spent a ridiculous amount in the past few years for a team still 'in transition'; you'd have to seriously question who is in-charge of bringing players in (Emenalo I'm guessing). Yes, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Willian etc. are all fantastic but they're all the same fecking position (£100m for just those 4?).

We need a striker. Any half-decent guy who can understand that ball should be put in the net will do.

Good performance today, no gaps in defence, good in the middle, pressuring the opponent anc creating chances - that's one of the best I've seen us play this season and way to go. But it's just not funny anymore - having 20+ shots and only one goal to show for it.

I'm really not surprised anymore when our players (and not only strikers!) miss an open goal from 2 metres distance. I'm much more sirprised when I see us score.

heh true on Ramires, but what of Mikel?! Yes, we shouldn't expect much contribution from Mikel in the attack, but when we start him, a purely defensive player, at home against a team who aren't very strong in attack, but defend well, it is a bit puzzling. Or perhaps Jose thought we haven't been defending well enough to go without a holding mid. Mikel did miss a chance, I mean it wasn't a chance because he did not even try to score, but it could have been one.

Regardless, as I watch City, they don't really play any holding mids. Both Fernandinho and Toure are B2B and amazing players at that. They can defend, hold the ball, or make runs all in the same game depending on the situation as the match progresses. We don't have that either. Ramires can either make runs or defend (seen him do both), but not hold the ball. As much as I like Willian, I thought we bought the wrong Brazilian.

At least we don't have a player as poor as Lescott on our roster.

eh, game should of been like 3-0...

Hazard scored another goal the GK should of saved and Eto missed a few sitters again.....

Oscar lost the ball quite a bit and Mata made a few fantastic passes...

This game was so weird......

Whilst we may not be the purring machine that everyone wants just take a look at the league table and ask yourself, can we get any worse and still be in the title race?

Can we fuck.

Up the Chelsea, big boxing day smiles from me!

I think we played some brilliant football today. Nice to see the original 3 behind the striker all having a great game. Shame that we cannot kill teams off.

Some of you are being really harsh. Iva looked so nervous during the latter part of the game but Terry and Luiz were solid.

Bring on Liverpool! Hope that it'll be a classic with is winning it.

How about can Chelsea score & be on top of the PL ?

Are they good enough to be on top ? As far as I am concerned, they are not.

Is Jose correct in his methods of playing ?

Two games come to my mind against the so called top teams. Manures & Arsenal at least in the last 15 minutes here.

Had he not played for the draw, Chelsea lost points then, most likely Chelsea is 8-10 points off the top place.

Now, he is blamed for playing " boring draws. " I say quite the opposite, even I do not like to see Chelsea playing defensively, but Jose has no choice, I feel.

Strikers are not scoring, missing clear chances, therefore, Jose has no trust in the team to open the game up, I feel.

To play an open game against Liverpool would be suicidal, I feel. Boys get ready for one fucking boring game again.

We're a striker away from running away with the league.

Why do people always make this "black and white" statement to make football seem so simplistic. How come Man city who boast, not only the best squad in the league but also the most impressive collection of strikers haven't run away with the league?

Buy a world class/very good striker and it's game over for others, only if it was that simple.

Ramires and Ivanovic + our strikers do their best every game to kill our attacks.

Either Ivanovic gets the ball every time and does nothing, or Ramires gets the ball and never passes to anyone, or our strikers miss. Same shit, every fucking week, it's disgusting.

Happy with the win though, much maligned Mazacar were very good.

And that right there is Einstein's definition of insanity.

Why do people always make this "black and white" statement to make football seem so simplistic. How come Man city who boast, not only the best squad in the league but also the most impressive collection of strikers haven't run away with the league?

Buy a world class/very good striker and it's game over for others, only if it was that simple.

with half a decent striker we would have lead by 3 goals at half time. We would have still been in the carling cup if eto scored a sitter to put us 2-0 up. He has a point, we would have an extra 8-10 points in the league with some winning goals by a proper striker

We missing a striker. It is a fact. We can get a goals from midfield etc. but even that, striker is the one the closest to a goal and we missing too many chances in our games, we need a striker who can convert a chances to a goals.