Rio attempts to kick wall, misses and kicks Chelsea steward

Rio Ferdinand has apologised to a Chelsea steward after accidentally kicking her at the end of today's match.

The Manchester United defender, tipped to be the next permanent England captain, was angry following the 2-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge.

He intended to take his frustrations out on a wall but instead kicked the steward.

Ferdinand went back to say sorry and she said "she totally understood" as she was unhurt, said United.

A club spokesman said: "Rio would like to apologise to the lady".

scumbag

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnow

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope rio's antics today have put to bed weather he should be the england captain! he was an idiot, when your team is losing you need your captain to stand up tall and get the team playing, not throw his toys out of the pram, why did he start on mikel? he was nowhere near him, i can only assume mikel said something.

and who was the person calming everyone down......... JT, the guy labelled as a thug by rival supporters, pathetic, really pathetic!

speaking of captains..... what a joke gallas is at arsenal lol, please arsene keep the cry baby as captain as your going nowhere if you do lol

Take about captains setting an example, the hypocrisy of the media disgusts me. Gallas and Ferdinand have acted like spoilt children in recent times, but today it was Terry who stopped Chelsea players from being booked by pushing them away and talking to the referee himself, yet he is still labelled as a trouble-maker. Hopefully Senor Capello will take notice of Terry's true colours.

:rolleyes:

People complain about sensationalist journalism, and then do it themselves. Rio kicked a wall and slightly touched a woman in the process. She did not take it full pelt, he didn't miss the wall, blah blah.

It's stupid by him, and I hope it ruins his chance at England captaincy, but people will just probably come out with "he's passionate" bullshit.

but if john terry acted in that manner at old trafford, there would be calls for him to be banned for however long, dropped from the england team etc

the anti Chelsea brigade do my nut in, been like it for years

Capello dislikes players getting the headlines, and even more so for the wrong reasons. But what gets me, Ferdinand kicks a steward, basically attacks Mikel Obi, bombards the referee with foul language and gets a slapped wrist, whilst Drogba is publicly crucified for his passionate argument with Ballack regarding the freekick.

Edited by BlueLion

Capello dislikes players getting the headlines, and even more so for the wrong reasons. But what gets me, Ferdinand kicks a steward, basically attacks Mikel Obi, bombards the referee with foul language and gets a slapped wrist, whilst Drogba is publicly crucified for his passionate argument with Ballack regarding the freekick.
Yeah I noticed. Talking about biased journalists.

A bloke on the Chelsea chat site is saying the steward kicked is his wife and that they have not received an apology or any flowers, according to this bloke she was left with a rather large bruise and stud marks on her leg

Honestly, Drogba acted like an idiot there. You could see Essien hiding his face with his Tshirt and laughing at how Drogba was behaving, blocking Ballack from taking the free kick. I feel, although Drogba and Ballack are better free kick takers than Lampard, Ballack is the best. We saw how Ballack scored against Aston Villa from a similar spot. And as if all that wasnt enough, he started having an argument with Clarke on the lines. I liked the way Ballack ignored him on the lines. :whistling:

Nonetheless it was a very good free kick which brought an excellent save.

To have an argument with your own team players and staff will obviously grab more headlines than the usual.

Well we had Masceherano and Ashley Cole getting carded for 'harassing' refs as part of the FAs 'crackdown' and part of their ' Respect' campaign.

Be interesting to see if anything happens to Man Utd after the 20 minutes of constant refereee haranguing on Saturday.

I wont be holding my breath.