Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Jase

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a correlation alright but you're confusing it with causation.

You can hardly point to the majority of those goals as Azpi's fault can you? A few have been shipped due to Brana getting caught out of position and not closing down crosses (like today), the DMs abandoning the defence (like today) or JT/Cahill/Luiz not commanding the area (like today).

Haven't a clue how Cole alone is supposed to help 4-6 players defending like shit....

None have been Azpi's fault per se, and i think he has done as good as he can do considering he is out of position, but watching the games it seems our defense in general have turned completely shite since he's been out. I don't have stats to back it up, it's the conclusion i have reached with my own eyes.

I know Cole offers fuck all going forward these days, but for me defensive solidarity comes before attacking prowess, 1-0's come more frequent than 4-3's.