Chelsea v Crystal Palace

Jase

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me we have missed Cole's defensive game more than we initially thought. 10 league goals and counting conceded in 6 games since he's been dropped.

If he was playing most of the goals still would have gone in anyway. Like today

If he was playing most of the goals still would have gone in anyway. Like today

Sorry, but i cannot believe it's a coincidence we have gone completely to pot defensively since he has been out.

We have only conceded 7 goals in the 9 league games he's played this season.

Seems to me we have missed Cole's defensive game more than we initially thought. 10 league goals and counting conceded in 6 games since he's been dropped.

There's a correlation alright but you're confusing it with causation.

You can hardly point to the majority of those goals as Azpi's fault can you? A few have been shipped due to Brana getting caught out of position and not closing down crosses (like today), the DMs abandoning the defence (like today) or JT/Cahill/Luiz not commanding the area (like today).

Haven't a clue how Cole alone is supposed to help 4-6 players defending like shit....

I don't think our leaky defense has anything to do with Cole's absence unless you call him an amulet.

Ivanovic's side - and some people still call him a CB - is the place where most goals we've conceded lately came from. The fact we didn't concede in early matches with Cole in the team is a miracle because every.single.match people ran by him as if they were strolling in the park and he was raped by a few opponents too.

Fact is our defense seems to be fragile for whatever reason. It doesn't surprise me much. in the transfers threads before the season started I did say we needed a LB and a CB (in addition to a CM). But I'm actually surprised Ivanovic has been so shocking. And still we see formations in every match thread being suggested with him in CB. If he's so bad in the RB I can only imagine how terrible he'd be in CB. The Swansea match last season comes to mind...