1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays game was NoBueno.

I think Mou got his starting XI wrong

Shurrle needs to play more.

I just hope we get a real striker and deep lying playmaker in January; we've paid our dues

The problem was not Torres mate even Messi or Ronaldo would have died from the lack of creativity that midfield had. I hope lampard gets a 2 months injury to save our season

Well, I've got the chance to calm down. The only game I think Mata have performed was against Arsenal so why not just quit that bullshit. We need to start perform as a team.. Too many individual mistakes. This group should have been ours easily. We are through but this was a disgrace.. Loosing twice to a team like Basel is not world-class that we really should be nowadays.

Because he is not getting enough chances, he also did well against spurs and Newcastle. He was made the scape goat for the Newcastle game when we conceded lon after he was subbed off, he actually created chances that day and they were missed get your facts right mate

I understand people not wanting Lampard to START every game but to wish a 3 month of season long injury upon one of our most experienced players is fucking hilarious and disgraceful.

Mourinho needs to utilize his experience properly by starting him in games where we don't necessarily need high energy in the middle of the park like games against West Ham. Or in big games when winning to bring calmness in control, basically the same role Giggs has at United now.

I understand people not wanting Lampard to START every game but to wish a 3 month of season long injury upon one of our most experienced players is fucking hilarious and disgraceful.

Mourinho needs to utilize his experience properly by starting him in games where we don't necessarily need high energy in the middle of the park like games against West Ham. Or in big games when winning to bring calmness in control, basically the same role Giggs has at United now.

Yeah. Lampard is still useful to the club but not starting every game every week

Surprised with the result? Not at all. Thought it was coming... With such idiotic team selection followed by poor performance ... José pushed his luck too much with the selection.

Now it is becoming very confusing to understand what is the manager trying to achieve and where r we heading to. It had been 6 months since Jose took over and he still is not sure who is his 11. With such a big team there should have been proper rotation which is not happening. Consistency had always being Jose's strong points, totally lacking with us. Youth players, let's not talk abt it.

I hope we fill in the gaps as soon as possible ....

no one needs to get worked-up at this point. I mean why does this or any other performance that displays the typical Chelsea of the past 5 years get ANYONE worked-up?

point is, there have been inadequate players and lack of quality and speed in certain areas for quite some time--all of this, mind you, long before Torres arrived for 50 million.

What club in Europe has spent so much money as Chelsea and still have only one standout player in centre midfield (I love Ramires and think it's criminal Chelsea don't have someone of equal quality to play with him) and have taken so long to find wingers that their best-ever striker has already ended his career at the club (after winning the club the Champions League Final no less)?

I've been irritated by Chelsea decisions for over 5 years; today is just another day.

Here's my final word: Chelsea need to get coherent, get quality in all positions by the time Lukaku is ready to play again in Chelsea blue next season. Even if Chelsea blow their top four finish this season, the club need to get it right before next season or just continue this endless inept style of play, aka. the Big Blue Constipated Roman Machine.

How Chelsea continue to look bad in the future? dumping another manager while having Lukaku return to carry another slow, inept Chelsea squad just like Drogba did.

If Chelsea completely fall out of it this season, last summer's obvious mistake of re-signing Frank and not getting more quality for CM might FINALLY become apparent after how many seasons of this horrible Chelsea attack.

He said post- match that he couldn't change the team after that solid performance at Upton Park. His team selection was justified, playing Mata or not.

He should've turned the game around at HT work atleast 2 changes like taking off Lamps and Oscar and bringing De Bruyne and Hazard/Mata on.

But that was just one of those days. I'd take a list here and learn from our mistakes and win at Southampton.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bottom Line is that our players need to get their shit together.

Jose Mourinho needs to get his shit together.

Mourinho needs to make us play better football, in general over a longer stretch.

ATM we play one good match every 5 games or so, 2 really bad games, and 2 passable performances out of 5.

This falls down on everybody, players, coaches, manager.

There seems to be something wrong with our team setup and dynamics, wherein we have many players for most positions, but almost none of the lineups are able to really gel together and be cohesive, other than the odd good performance.

Is it our Formation then? Do we need to do a 4-4-2 , do we have players who can pull off a 4-3-3, as oscar is NOT winger, neither is ramires. Willian is very hit and miss and needs to fine tune his game.

I understand that Mourinho largely inherited this squad, but every other manager in the world does that too, and most of those managers dont get a team with so many talented players like in chelsea.

In any case, i really saw Chelsea progressing and trying to bring in a philosophy of good football over 90 minutes, but this season with Jose it seems to have completely gone out of the window, barring our performance against arsenal, when our B TEAM was playing.

Dont really know what to think.

Why Mata doesnt play when we have 2 games EVERY WEEK, and De bruyne doesnt even get a look in, and Schurlle as well.

Why Oscar and Ramires play as wingers when we have abundance of talent in that position, why ivanovic is the preffered RB, or that Lampard is played every game.

It almost seems like Jose has decided that these players are going to be in my lineup every week, no matter what formation i play, which team we are playing against.

I was hoping yesterday that we get our so called B TEAM out vs Basel and play rip roaring football with everyone playing for their places. But after yesterday, i feel for players like Debruyne and Mata, and the others as well to a certain extent.

Always maintained that i dont care if we miss out on Major successes instantly as long as we play the right way. Certainly not like this. This season has not had too many things to smile about.

Bottom Line is that our players need to get their shit together.

Jose Mourinho needs to get his shit together.

Mourinho needs to make us play better football, in general over a longer stretch.

ATM we play one good match every 5 games or so, 2 really bad games, and 2 passable performances out of 5.

This falls down on everybody, players, coaches, manager.

There seems to be something wrong with our team setup and dynamics, wherein we have many players for most positions, but almost none of the lineups are able to really gel together and be cohesive, other than the odd good performance.

Is it our Formation then? Do we need to do a 4-4-2 , do we have players who can pull off a 4-3-3, as oscar is NOT winger, neither is ramires. Willian is very hit and miss and needs to fine tune his game.

I understand that Mourinho largely inherited this squad, but every other manager in the world does that too, and most of those managers dont get a team with so many talented players like in chelsea.

In any case, i really saw Chelsea progressing and trying to bring in a philosophy of good football over 90 minutes, but this season with Jose it seems to have completely gone out of the window, barring our performance against arsenal, when our B TEAM was playing.

Dont really know what to think.

Why Mata doesnt play when we have 2 games EVERY WEEK, and De bruyne doesnt even get a look in, and Schurlle as well.

Why Oscar and Ramires play as wingers when we have abundance of talent in that position, why ivanovic is the preffered RB, or that Lampard is played every game.

It almost seems like Jose has decided that these players are going to be in my lineup every week, no matter what formation i play, which team we are playing against.

I was hoping yesterday that we get our so called B TEAM out vs Basel and play rip roaring football with everyone playing for their places. But after yesterday, i feel for players like Debruyne and Mata, and the others as well to a certain extent.

Always maintained that i dont care if we miss out on Major successes instantly as long as we play the right way. Certainly not like this. This season has not had too many things to smile about.

Precisely what i feared with Jose ...

Guess from what has happened so far ... Under Jose, we would win a trophy or two under Jose but once he is gone we would be back to square one ... still trying to seek out a philosophy from where we can create a legacy and quite a few talents moving out of Chelsea ....

For the sake of argument, what has Mourinho done to make our team as a whole, better ?

He hasn't made anything better, yet. He has inherited a totally different team this time round with a lot of up and coming potential talent that he has to work and nurture. Thing that annoys me is people where expecting us to be top of the league by five points already, unbeaten and for him to have Torres back to a monster........sorry not going to happen.

It's very similar to the spurs situation, a lot of money was spent in the summer and everyone was talking of title winning potential blah bla blah......I'm sorry but get realistic please.

The impatience for instant success is sickening on this forum. Last night was a joke on this forum, the amount of people over reacting was exactly what I expect of corporate prawn sandwich brigade.

I'm not saying we were not poor last night, we where but get the fuck over yourselves.

Put as much passion in supporting as you do slagging us off and we might get somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see what jose tries to do but it doesn't work, as long as he keeps his untouchables imo.

He wants to press the ball early and keep the pressure on the opponent, we have only two player for this style in his line ups often. Ramy and Oscar. I don't know why Bertrand and Cole dont play this is beyound me, Bertrand was superb against Arsenal. Then there is the issue with Lamps playing, if you want to play a pressing game you need DeBruyne or Oscar in THIS spot and Mata as #10, there is no way around it with THIS squad.

Schürrle and Willian should be starters at rw the whole time, no discussion at all.

If we play a pivot, then only with Mikel and Ramy, if we play 4-3-3 then with Mikel-Ramy-Oscar/Lampard, that simple it is

at Rightback Azpi should have nailed his startingspot he can't be worse then Ivanovic

Luiz should be partnered with Terry, not Cahill, they're too similar, wile luiz brings another aspect to the defence

Hazard, Mata and Schürrle/Willian should be right behind the frontmen for me. Oscar just isn't creative, yeah he is a workhorse, he presses perfectly, he has a sublime strike but he is no genius, sorry I say this in a positive way. He is perfect for the CM part any way you turn it. He is a bit like a mixture of Edgar Davids and Seedorf, and I hold this both in high regret as players in my memory. He just isn't as creative and don't have the same spark as Mata. And what is wron with him as #10 we're withnessing the whole season now, he presses the back four of our opponents solely in they're half, thats understandable because it needs so much stamnia to play pressing game if the whole team doesn't press. And IF you want to play a pressing game, you have to play it from the front three to the midfield, and you need someone in the middle of the Park to Calm down the game when you regain it for a simple pass (Mikel/or Gündogan please in january). You need also some one wo can press and is creative too at the same time with a perfect first touch and a nice throughball (Oscar or deBruyne), then you need a workhorse whom just can pick up for blips of stamina during that high intense game periods (Ramy). The front three behind the striker need to be quick in transition and very assured with the ball, with nice quick and slick passing, and we have Hazard, Mata, Shürrle and Willian, albeit till now, Schürrle and Willian get the nod ahead of Hazard to me. And then you need a Striker that can run off the Shoulder of a defender to get into that balls, we don't need a technical high ability player, this was drogba, he was a beast and he could anything with the ball, his flicks and tricks where often overseen but he was unbeliveably technical gifted, but we don't need this kind of striker, we need a Torrs or a Lukaku/Lewandowsky even Carroll-Type of player (with Carroll-Type I think not of him as he is a looser but same stature), albeit Lewa is very very good with the ball on his feet. Lamps has no place anymore for me, despite in a 4-3-3 against weaker opponents, or in very big games to bring calmness.

I think we have a great Squad but Mous untouchable-Tactics are applied with the wrong players, still I trust in him and I can see what he wants at the Arsenal game and at Hull the 1st half and against WH, but we often perform when our so called B-Squad players are on the pitch, and not our 1st-Team. And often are the players involved I have counted above.

So there are plenty of points Mou is getting wrong for me but still he also is a tactical genius and in Jose I trust.

EDIT:

I forgot I'm assuming a 4-2-3-1 more in this style:

RB------------CB------CB---------LB

------------DM----------------

---------------------------CM/DLP

-------------OM------------------------

RW----------------------------------LW

-----------------Striker

a bit more like a 4-3-3, but the RW and LW are closer to the OM

It's sad that we came to the point where not only one, but two members, one after the other wish one of our players to be injured. Not only said player has a history of service done for this club, but that's an human being, a professional, working like any of us and people are wishing his health to be affected so he doesn't play. I feel utterly disgusted at how low people can stoop, honestly disgusted - no drama or exaggeration involved.

Yes, Mata would have fixed Cahill's chronic positioning issues, made Ivanovic a RB, stopped Rami slipping and turned Frank 27 again..
Let's be realistic, no one man could have saved us when 6-7 players had a bad game. But luckily we are qualified and this game will be forgotten by Feb as long as Jose learns the lesson here: ROTATION. Especially if you have a 35yo who played 90 mins 3 days ago.

I hope Lampard gets like a 3 months injury to save our season I know this is mean but that is the only way we get to play some players.

GTFO!