Basel 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

One thing is to support a team who wants to do something,to score,to make chances and other thing is to support a team who came to Basel and played not only for draw but for fuckin* 0-0.Not evean a try to do something,all of them.I don't care for my money,I really don't but I care for time I spend in front of my miror and watched nothing,not a single try of them,and that's what piss me off.

Go and support some fucker else then.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if the fans would have been this forgiving, despite the qualification, if this defeat had came under Benitez...

Anyway, I guessed the only positive thing here is that we have qualified for the Last 16 (thanks Steaua for trolling the group since losing 4-0 to us!). Otherwise, the game is beyond pathetic and rather embarrassing for a team that is filled with quality. To play badly and lose a game is one thing but to do that and not even threaten Basel's goal ONCE is something to be applauded at.

Am not against the idea of going to Basel to play on the break given the onus is on them but the setup seems a tad too defensive with the intention of don't lose, just draw. Nothing more and in the end, we paid the price. Furthermore just like last season, we've hardly been convincing in the Champions League this time around. Back then, one may use the excuse that we have Juventus and Shakhtar in the group but now (no disrespect), we only have Schalke, Basel and Steaua in it and we're making life difficult for ourselves with the play we're playing.

What's more concerning at the moment is that we can hardly get a winning run together or let alone, putting in a run with consistent performances. One minute, we are playing well (which is something that hasn't happened often this season) and getting the right result but the next, a complete shambles of a performance. We won 6 out of 6 in October but only 2 in 5 this month. Maybe, mysteriously, it's just the November thing again or maybe not but with 9 games (could have been just 8!) in December, it's needless to say we need to pick up our game BIG time! Though judging by recent outings and performances, I'm not totally 100% convinced or confident we can do that over the next month and win most of the games.

He should play Mata and all our problems will be solved.

Haven't you heard we have never lost a game when he has played?

Jose should let rot Mata and play Lampard every game. Its working well. Typical blind fanboy.

He brought on £90 million worth of talent, including De Bruyne who everyone has wanted to play since day fucking dot.

He dropped Cole, played Azpi and even brought in Mikel yet people are still not happy. Some people on here are a fucking joke and the reason they don't get told more is because the decent posters who get frustrated would be the ones who get punished.

So we basically have matchday threads dominated by people trolling about the SAME FUCKING THINGS over and over again. It's fucking laughable.

The only thing is laughable are posters like you. Let me simplify it. MATA? ESSIEN? KDB ? BERTRAND ? Where are they ? On the bench or are you blind too ?

No, you spout absolute shite day in and day out fella. You turn a positive into a negative, agree with people when it's quite clear it's utter bollocks and post like you are a member of the royal fucking family.

Well I have news for you, you talk utter shite mate on a constant basis.

I have news for you, go screw yourself & your crap !

horrible performance. simply dint turn up. i feel a lot of blame has to go on to JOSE for this defeat. he should have wrung the changes for this match specially since we ll be playing southampton (h), sunderland (A) and stoke (A) in the space of 6 days. the tactics were to sit back, invite them in and then counter but nothing worked today. lamps and rambo had an absolute SHOCKER. oscar seemed disinterested and etoo could not hold the ball to bring the midfielders into the play. these result are killing us by not letting us getting any momentum whatsoever. the only silver-lining, we are still top of the group and have qualified already. cant see how schalke would LOSE to basel at their home so even if we get a point out of the last match, we have pretty much topped the group too.

cech - MOTM. saved our asses from the scoreline to become a basketball scoreline. 9/10

iva- another pathetic performance. got owned by salah/stocker thru out the night. he needs to be and should be dropped for the next game. southampton are really good at pressing and i can already visualise iva costing us some points just like he did against wba by just sticking to the ball. also i have no fucking clue what he was doing for the goal. 4/10

GC&JT - a good performance. apart from cech, these 2 seemed to be the only ones who actually wanted to play the match. JT was phenomenol with his heading and GC covered iva's ass numerous times. 8/10

azpi - should not play on the left. bertrand is still a better LB and i have no idea how he is not making the team (forgive me if bert is injured). his positional sense is really poor as a LB and he gives insane amount of space for the wingers to run in, though he does close them down too. is not good with his left foot too, hence fluffed his clearances and could not force the issues with his passing from the left. also, losing headers to stocker/salah is just not done. 6/10

mikel - had a decent game. made some interceptions but his poor range of passing just could not get us out of our own half as he could not find that perfect pass.7/10

lamps - i hope every1 is down out of their lamps high from the last game. i remember he lost the ball 4 times in a row he touched it. he is done and dusted. i dont get how jose is unable to see that. 4/10

rambo - just one of those days for him when his tackling goes off, his passes go hay-wire, he fluffs the 1v1 or good positions that the team gets in. but its good that he got this match out his system before the 3 PL matches. 5/10

oscar - passenger. he was probably tired from the internationals then the whu game where he ran himself to the ground. he should not have started. infact dint see the need to start him. but a poor performance. simply could not get into the game. could be the link up man and the hopeless passing from the 3 midfielders dint help. 6/10

willian - full of running but simply brain farts of choices in passing and when not to pass. should have done well to cover azpi against the winger too. 6/10

etoo - poor. could not hold the ball if his life depended on it. lost the ball everytime he touched it just like the time he got injured. torres should be the no.1 man. 5/10

subs -

torres - was a breath of fresh air. fought for aerial balls, tried to run behind the defenders rather than just standing like an idiot in front of them like etoo. but some of him decision making during the counters was off too. took players on when it was not needed and a simple pass would have sufficed. 7/10

hazard - was good. our only attacking threat. changed the game completely for 20 mins after he came on. it seemed we would nick a goal thru him at the end but it simply was not to be. 7/10

kdb - i still have to understand why iva was shouting at him after the goal. anyways not much time on the pitch to do anything.

jose- tactics were alright, a perfect away day tactics, but the execution let him down. but have to say, his team selection was pathetic tonight. why did lamps, oscar, iva start is beyond me. why was not mata and schurrle specially given a chance tonight is just way beyond me. 5/10

Jose should let rot Mata and play Lampard every game. Its working well. Typical blind fanboy.

When did i say anything about Lampard playing every game? either quote me properly or fuck off.

Nobody is doubting that but the reaction is one of burning shirt material.....

Are you ready to jump off a building?

Everybody do have different reactions and opinions on the game/games, everybody ain't the person you are so why make it look like you are the ideal supporter of the club?

If this was Rafa, this place would post much different. Since it is Jose everybody blame the players. Meanwhile, top players are sitting on the bench & Jose just looks at them.

He brought on £90 million worth of talent, including De Bruyne who everyone has wanted to play since day fucking dot.

He dropped Cole, played Azpi and even brought in Mikel yet people are still not happy. Some people on here are a fucking joke and the reason they don't get told more is because the decent posters who get frustrated would be the ones who get punished.

So we basically have matchday threads dominated by people trolling about the SAME FUCKING THINGS over and over again. It's fucking laughable.

De Bruyne played for 5 minutes, so I'm not getting what you're trying to prove. It's not like he played today.

Go and support some fucker else then.

You're probbably angry because of watching terrible performance just like all of us so you can't understand what I want to say.If I said we're playing terrible and that we couldn't saw nothing from Chelsea tonight,is that mean that I need do find another club to support? Mate,be objective,we were bad as hell,we coludn't make a single chance,connect any pass,it was worst match ever and it was lost time to watch because they didn't try anything.

1. hey guys I am kindda new here, today's performance was an absolute shame and the reason is we don'e have a decent DMF and a box to box, lampard should respect his history and never play again, even though his shitty performance is not his fault, but it's Jose's fault playing him every single game in this season, mikel is also not that good,and even blind knows rameriz is so bad when he plays on wing, i don't know what's wrong with jose this season, but this team wont get any trophies this season for sure

Everybody do have different reactions and opinions on the game/games, everybody ain't the person you are so why make it look like you are the ideal supporter of the club?

Of course everyone has different reactions but laughing at losing at a team you supposedly support is not what I call a supporter.

I'm not the ideal supporter jus a grounded one who doesn't have a fanny fit over a result that you just have to put down as poor.

You're probbably angry because of watching terrible performance just like all of us so you can't understand what I want to say.If I said we're playing terrible and that we couldn't saw nothing from Chelsea tonight,is that mean that I need do find another club to support? Mate,be objective,we were bad as hell,we coludn't make a single chance,connect any pass,it was worst match ever and it was lost time to watch because they didn't try anything.

Your missing the point as I expected, go back and read what you posted.

I'm not angry, in fact quite the opposite of what you posted about losing money........get some perspective for fucks sake man.

Jose has got right as usual ,West Ham was our big game ,we put so much into that game we had nothing left and were running on empty . In hindsight and that is a wonderful thing more changes should have been made. No sharpness out there tonight throughout the team and that is not a coincidence. Our best players were the ones who standstill Terry ,Cahill and Cech ,Mikel standstill but he is a wanker anyway.

The only time you take José's c**k out of your mouth is to slag off Mikel. I'm still surprised you've managed to do both in the one post, but I suppose it was only a matter of time. Well done anyway!

If didn't know any better I'd take you for troll.