Lampard Likely to Miss Man Utd and CL game

Lampards mother Pat in critical condition.

After the conclusion of Tuesday's match, Lampard had suggested that he would feature for Chelsea against United at the Bridge on Saturday, but not now and it is thought that both the club will not pressurise him until he is completely ready to return, even if that means also being absent from Wednesday's European Cup semi-final second leg with Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.

Telegraph

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Lampard was very, very poor on Tuesday, Possibly he had other things on his mind, and who wouldnt understand that? Trouble is, If he thought that he was maybe going to struggle against the bin dippers then maybe he shouldnt have played. I commend him for making the effort but he was poor.

LAMPARD IN MOURNING

Frank Lampard will almost certainly miss this weekend's title clash between Chelsea and Manchester United after the death of his mother.

Although he left her bedside for the Champions League semi-final clash with Liverpool, her health has since got worse and she finally passed away just ten days after being diagnosed with pneumonia.

"She follows me up and down the country so, knowing her, she would've had a right go at me for not playing this game," he said after Tuesday night's game. "So that was in the back of my mind."

Chelsea have a readu-made replacement in Michael Essien, who missed the 1-1 draw with Liverpool because of a European suspension.

Football365

:(

Oh my god. I was genuinely sad when I read that. I had pneumonia as a toddler. That's a horrible thing... To lose your mother, that's one of the worst feelings in the world I reckon. I think now Lampard certainly can't concentrate on football, and rightly so. I still wish he'd bag a goal in and reveal a shirt saying "that's for you mom"...

I'm very, very sorry for him.

Condolences and thoughts to Frank,Frank Snr and the Lampard family at a such a sad and tragic time for them.

Puts things totally in percpective,and well done to the club for being so considerate and understanding.

R.I.P Pat Lampard.

Condolences and thoughts to Frank,Frank Snr and the Lampard family,including Harry and Jamie Redknapp's family,whom have both lost a sister and aunty respectively,and at such a sad and tragic time for them.

Puts things totally in percpective,and well done to the club for being so considerate and understanding.

R.I.P Pat Lampard.

Fank..looked like a Momma's Boy. I cant even imagine how devastated he would be feeling right now. Credit to him for playing against Liverpool.

Heart Felt Condolences to the Lampard Family.

RIP...PAT Lampard.

With the greatest of respects warnie,there's nothing wrong in being a 'mummy's boy'.Afterall,it is her that carries you in her womb for 9 months,and brings you into this world.

One owes their life to their mother.And most mummy's boy's,people would'nt want to get on the wrong side of.

That's not a dig at you mate,i'm just setting the record straight.

The media should just leave Frank to greive with his Family,and Frank will be back when he's ready.

I called him a Momma's boy based on the documentary on Frank's Life which I saw. I think was made in 2004(not sure). I never meant it as an offence Mike. I love my mom, im a momma's boy too...Hence I said...I cant even imagine how devasted he must be feeling atm. You have your mom with you all the time, the closest person to you in the famil, stands by you and supports you, and all of a sudden she passes away. Hats off to Lamps for Playing against the Bim Dippers.

Edited by warnie_666

OMG :( so so sad

rest in peace pat lampard

condolences to all of franks family and espicailly himself who would be absolutely shattered :(

return when your ready buddy and i hope you get through the hard times :(

R.I.P Pat Lampard