Hazard and Mourinho up for FIFA awards

Jase

Don't get how Hazard or Jose are up for both awards. Hazard didn't play at a very very high level consistently for us and Jose had a shocker in 2013. Baffled really. Heynckes & Ribery should win the awards comfortably. Ballon D'or isn't based on just talent, its based on talent and performance, Hazard didn't perform to his full potential, I can count on one hand how many games he had where he looked worth 32 million. It was his first season but still he shouldn't be in that short list. Mata should be though.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone thinking that Hazard has been better than Mata needs to have their head checked. Harzard has been woefully inconsistent, often disappearing in many games (especially so far this season). All last season, Mata carried the entire team on his shoulders, absolutely no comparison.

I love Hazard and think that he can become one of the best, but there is absolutely no reason for him to be on this list.

Heyenckes and Ribery for me.

I dont get how many players and managers got in this list, but we are here to talk about Chelsea (primarily), so I will concentrate in Hazard and Mourinho...

1) Hazard is the better player, Mata had the better year (by far). Because the list is the top 23 players of 2013, I cant understand how Hazard got in and Mata didnt!

2) Mourinho had probably his worst year in a full decade. He only got in because he has fame!

Anyways, none of them deserve it. But it is nice to see Chelsea players/managers on the list! :)

its not an opinion, Hazard can do things Mata can't and not the other way......

ben arfa can do things mata cant or schweini cant or yaya cant. but that does not mean u put him in a ballon d'or list. the ballon d'or list gives u the players who have PERFORMED best in the last year. not the ones who have the most potential or cant go give a defender night mares in one match while being shit in 10 others. consistency of performances, level of performances, everything is taken into consideration.

let me try this another way (and for the last time)

by your argument. if say, MESSI, played absolute CRAP in a year scoring 5 goals, assisting 5 goals(just as an example dont start getting edgy cos i said, every1 precious messi scores just 5 in a year), so he should still be in the list!!!!???? why because he is still a better player than all the others in the world, right?? so irrespective of his performance in the year, only the best 23 players in the world should make the list, not the best 23 PERFORMANCE-based players???

your argument makes absolutely no sense. hazard is better than dribbling in mata, and has better speed than mata and has better this or that, but what has THAT got to do with football. MATA put in the performances that were better. he was our best player of the year, in a team that had hazard, still he was our POTY for a reason. the reason being as simple as MATA played better.

heyneckes and messi all the way.....messi is the best footballer on earth

so??? what has that got to do with ballon d'or 2013!!! ribery was the best player in 2013 and deserves ballon d'or.

otherwise lets give the ballon d'or to maradonna or pele cos they are considered to be the best players ever.

I'd lost all hope in this competition after seeing Messi win it 4 times. This time though, there are some ghastly nominations. Not to forget that better players were left out.

Great to see Hazard though, pity Mata isn't in there, but hey that's FIFA for you.

reus, mandzukic should have made that list for me!!!

I dont get how many players and managers got in this list, but we are here to talk about Chelsea (primarily), so I will concentrate in Hazard and Mourinho...

1) Hazard is the better player, Mata had the better year (by far). Because the list is the top 23 players of 2013, I cant understand how Hazard got in and Mata didnt!

2) Mourinho had probably his worst year in a full decade. He only got in because he has fame!

Anyways, none of them deserve it. But it is nice to see Chelsea players/managers on the list! :)

That's what the Pro-Belgium brigade can't seem to fathom.

What exactly is a pro-belgium brigade? I assume it's not just Belgians otherwise you'd have called it the Belgium brigade? If I understand you correctly, feeling a sense of pride Hazard (a Chelsea player) is on that list makes you a member of The Pro-Belgium Brigade?

Bar some trolls (Hazard >>>>>>>Mata huehuehue) noone is saying Hazard deserves this over Mata.

I have a confession to make. As a kid I used to support Nejmeh Club.

This is totally uncalled for and has gotten beyond tedious. I can't understand how you and many others can keep saying things like that towards fellow Chelsea fans just because you disagree with them about something. I'd hate to see you debate with an opposition fan..