Hazard and Mourinho up for FIFA awards

Jase

Well going for Mourinho 2013 he did not had a great season.

He even said it himself it was his worse year.

So don't see Mourinho winning it this season.

I think everyone knows it has to be Jupp Heynckes. He did an amazing work with Bayern.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ofcourse it has to be about performance but the Ballon Dor is more about personal performance! in difference to the Player of the year in Europe (Ribery won and desreved) Mata is more of a team player than Hazard. Hazard alone can do greater things than Mata. Messi scored 64 goals last season when Ribery only scored 16.

so u wont take into account the league messi plays in (LOL liga) where even soldado had what 30-odd goals... a league where ribery anyways has 4 matches less to play plus about 3-4 matches less to play in the domestic league too???

messi's personal performance, this year, has been no where near ribery's.also goals are not the only criteria to judge them...

So Hazard gets nominated and instead of being proud you start whining he shouldn't be in there and Mata is a better player. Wtf is going on with the comparisons and the degrading of our own players lately?

Fucking embarrasing you lot

So Hazard gets nominated and instead of being proud you start whining he shouldn't be in there and Mata is a better player. Wtf is going on with the comparisons and the degrading of our own players lately?

Fucking embarrasing you lot

This. Always something to criticise and fret about ...

I think the list is there for us to discuss it. I approve of Eden's nomination, but if discussing it was pointless, why create a topic? We could have mentioned in his thread.

People everywhere discuss those lists and show their opinion about players that should and shouldn't be there.

Let's not be blind fans... I'm sure all are happy for Hazard, but if they think another Chelsea player should be there or that Hazard shouldn't, it's their right to say so, and honestly, the discussion has been very, very, very civil.

So much for being opinion-less and blind by our team preferences...

I think the list is there for us to discuss it. I approve of Eden's nomination, but if discussing it was pointless, why create a topic? We could have mentioned in his thread.

People everywhere discuss those lists and show their opinion about players that should and shouldn't be there.

Let's not be blind fans... I'm sure all are happy for Hazard, but if they think another Chelsea player should be there or that Hazard shouldn't, it's their right to say so, and honestly, the discussion has been very, very, very civil.

So much for being opinion-less and blind by our team preferences...

You have the right to discuss whatever you want, that doesn't change the fact I'm fed up with this trend of comparing x and y whenever possible.

That last sentence shows you miss my point btw. I'd be equally happy if Oscar, Mata or any other player was on that list. You know why? Because they wear blue.

I've noticed you seem to make everything a matter of bias when it comes to Belgian or Brazilian players. The sneaky little digs in a lot of your posts are unnecessary, Barbara.

I have exactly the opposite opinion.

I think right now (or right then, as right now none of them are really at the top of their form) Mata was the best player and Hazard had a better season.

I said a few times I would have given the player of year to Hazard and not Mata. Mata is the best footballer between the two of them, but Hazard has a higher ceiling and I have no doubts he'll become a better player than Mata in a couple of years. But I really don't understand how someone can consider Hazard currently better than Mata as a footballer. Right now, as in October, Mata is having a dig in form, something Hazard has also been through this season and it's only now overcoming [just finished the scout for the match against City and his display was really appalling when you look his movement - both on attack and defense; his sloppy ball control in the second half, and his anonymity in the match, definitely one of his poorest displays this season, and I'll have numbers to back it up in a few]. So right now they're two great footballers far from their best form, but Mata is undoubtedly imo the best player this calendar year as a footballer. He's on his peak.

I believe Eden will be winning this award in 3-5 years from now or at least being a runner-up, but I don't think at this point of their careers that Hazard is a better player than Mata. He will be though as I don't see Mata even making the final three ever on his career. He's very good, but he's nowhere a top3 player in the world and I don't think his ceiling is much higher than other players who'll be competing with him, so that he'd close the gap in a few years. If anything I see the gap increasing.

Dribble- Hazard

Pace - Hazard

Finishing - Mata (not too great either.)

Shot technique- Hazard

Assists - Mata

Vision - Mata

Ball Control - Hazard

I think Hazard well deserves to be on Ballon D'or list, I dont give a flying fuck what anyone has to say. Just look at Hazard's performance in the super cup, he single handedly raped Bayern Munich (champions of europe). If you are whining about a chelsea player being on the nomination list, then simply you're not a Chelsea fan.

I'd lost all hope in this competition after seeing Messi win it 4 times. This time though, there are some ghastly nominations. Not to forget that better players were left out.
Great to see Hazard though, pity Mata isn't in there, but hey that's FIFA for you.