Hazard and Mourinho up for FIFA awards

Jase

http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/news/newsid=2207371/

Hazard has been nominated as one of the 23 players in contention for the FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 award!

Gareth Bale (Wales), Edinson Cavani (Uruguay), Radamel Falcao (Colombia), Eden Hazard (Belgium), Zlatan Ibrahimović (Sweden), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Robert Lewandowski (Poland), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Müller (Germany), Manuel Neuer (Germany), Neymar (Brazil), Mesut Özil (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Franck Ribéry (France), Arjen Robben (Netherlands), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Luis Suárez (Uruguay), Thiago Silva (Brazil), Yaya Touré (Côte d’Ivoire), Robin Van Persie (Netherlands), Xavi (Spain).

How did he get in there?? :carlo:

And Mourinho is in contention for the FIFA World Coach of the Year 2013!

Carlo Ancelotti (Italy/Paris Saint-Germain FC/Real Madrid CF), Rafael Benítez (Spain/Chelsea FC/SSC Napoli), Antonio Conte (Italy/Juventus), Vicente Del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Sir Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United FC former coach), Jupp Heynckes (Germany/FC Bayern München former coach), Jürgen Klopp (Germany/Borussia Dortmund), José Mourinho (Portugal/Real Madrid CF/Chelsea FC), Luiz Felipe Scolari (Brazil/Brazil national team), Arsène Wenger (France/Arsenal FC).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the crap!!!! how did hazard make the list and not mata.

anyways who cares for the awards.. even though ribery deserves it, messi will pay it off. and even though pep was on a sabatical and not in the shortlist, i am sure uefa will find a way to give the award to him.

also how the fuck did wenger make the list?????? round of 16 in CL, 4th in PL, and not even in the semis of fa and COC. shit nominee.

what the crap!!!! how did hazard make the list and not mata.

anyways who cares for the awards.. even though ribery deserves it, messi will pay it off. and even though pep was on a sabatical and not in the shortlist, i am sure uefa will find a way to give the award to him.

also how the fuck did wenger make the list?????? round of 16 in CL, 4th in PL, and not even in the semis of fa and COC. shit nominee.

Hazard is a better player than Mata!!!!!!!!!!!

And get this that since 2010 or 2009, The Ballon d'or decides the best player in the world and the player of the year in europe decides the player that had the best season. Messi is a better player than Ribery and he should get the award cuz he is the best in the world.

Hazard is a better player than Mata!!!!!!!!!!!

And get this that since 2010 or 2009, The Ballon d'or decides the best player in the world and the player of the year in europe decides the player that had the best season. Messi is a better player than Ribery and he should get the award cuz he is the best in the world.

hazard might be a better player than mata but mata performed better than hazard last year. so MATA SHOULD BE ON THE LIST IF HAZARD IS ON THE LIST.

ballon d'or decides the best player in the world and player of the year in europe - I KNOW THAT.but messi plays for barca which suprisingly is in EUROPE. the only other consideration is what messi has done with argentina and compare it with ribery's contribution for france. but that STILL DOES NOT MAKE HIM THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LAST YEAR. ribery deserves the award.

heynckes deserves it for last year. of it were last 4-5 seasons (in total) I'd say klopp deserves it.

knowing FIFA it will be given to messi. the ribery situation reminds me of sneijder. won nearly all he possibly could and was the main man yet still didn't beat that little man.

hazard might be a better player than mata but mata performed better than hazard last year. so MATA SHOULD BE ON THE LIST IF HAZARD IS ON THE LIST.

ballon d'or decides the best player in the world and player of the year in europe - I KNOW THAT.but messi plays for barca which suprisingly is in EUROPE. the only other consideration is what messi has done with argentina and compare it with ribery's contribution for france. but that STILL DOES NOT MAKE HIM THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LAST YEAR. ribery deserves the award.

Listen, the new Ballon Dor doesnt decide which player had a better season. Its only talking who is the better footballer. Hazard is better than Mata. Player of the year in europe is another award which gets a player who had a fantastic seaosn with his team. Messi win the Ballon Dor cuz he is the best footballer.

Listen, the new Ballon Dor doesnt decide which player had a better season. Its only talking who is the better footballer. Hazard is better than Mata. Player of the year in europe is another award which gets a player who had a fantastic seaosn with his team. Messi win the Ballon Dor cuz he is the best footballer.

so what criteria are u judging on some1 being "better" than the other. what does "who is the better footballer" even mean.

this is what the ballon dor official site says The FIFA Ballon d'Or is an association football award given annually to the player who is considered to have performed the best in the previous year.

it is and it has to be about performance. in 10 months this year, so far, 2 months there was no football and for about 2 months messi has been injured. he was average-bad in all the big matches (classicos, BM, super-cupa) meanwhile ribery has been phenomenol. be it in the final, semi quarters, uefa-supercup against us or generally through out the yeear.

so what criteria are u judging on some1 being "better" than the other. what does "who is the better footballer" even mean.

this is what the ballon dor official site says The FIFA Ballon d'Or is an association football award given annually to the player who is considered to have performed the best in the previous year.

it is and it has to be about performance. in 10 months this year, so far, 2 months there was no football and for about 2 months messi has been injured. he was average-bad in all the big matches (classicos, BM, super-cupa) meanwhile ribery has been phenomenol. be it in the final, semi quarters, uefa-supercup against us or generally through out the yeear.

Ofcourse it has to be about performance but the Ballon Dor is more about personal performance! in difference to the Player of the year in Europe (Ribery won and desreved) Mata is more of a team player than Hazard. Hazard alone can do greater things than Mata. Messi scored 64 goals last season when Ribery only scored 16.

I have exactly the opposite opinion.

I think right now (or right then, as right now none of them are really at the top of their form) Mata was the best player and Hazard had a better season.

I said a few times I would have given the player of year to Hazard and not Mata. Mata is the best footballer between the two of them, but Hazard has a higher ceiling and I have no doubts he'll become a better player than Mata in a couple of years. But I really don't understand how someone can consider Hazard currently better than Mata as a footballer. Right now, as in October, Mata is having a dig in form, something Hazard has also been through this season and it's only now overcoming [just finished the scout for the match against City and his display was really appalling when you look his movement - both on attack and defense; his sloppy ball control in the second half, and his anonymity in the match, definitely one of his poorest displays this season, and I'll have numbers to back it up in a few]. So right now they're two great footballers far from their best form, but Mata is undoubtedly imo the best player this calendar year as a footballer. He's on his peak.

I believe Eden will be winning this award in 3-5 years from now or at least being a runner-up, but I don't think at this point of their careers that Hazard is a better player than Mata. He will be though as I don't see Mata even making the final three ever on his career. He's very good, but he's nowhere a top3 player in the world and I don't think his ceiling is much higher than other players who'll be competing with him, so that he'd close the gap in a few years. If anything I see the gap increasing.