Spurs - Opposition Views

James

This Saturday see Chelsea travel to White Hart Lane, ahead of the game we've interviewed MF from Spurs News

1) You've had a great start to the season, where would you say your strong points have been?

Erm, the midfield and some nice referees. Paulinho, Eriksen, Capoue have hit the ground running and a fit and refreshed Sandro and Dembele are a formidable pairing. We got a couple of nice penalties in the first couple of league games and the rub of the green at Cardiff too. I'm not saying that we wouldn't have got the points without the help of the man with the guide dog, but every little helps.

2) Tottenham currently sit in second place, but do you think you can continue to push for the tittle or is top four the objective for the season?

I think the title will be between yourselves and City, ie the teams with the most money. I'd love to be proved wrong but I think squad size will tell in the end. I hope we'll be up there but I suspect we'll be battling it out for a top four place rather than anything more high-falutin'.

3) A year into his appointment, what have you made of AVB? Is he the man to take Tottenham forward?

The mark of a good manager is to get his side playing as more than the sum of its parts and he definitely did that last season. The squad left by Redknapp was strikerless and unbalanced and then Modric and Van der Vaartless too. To finish fifth was a tremendous achievement. Given the transfer dealings and his relationship with Levy and Baldini I'd say yes, he's the man to take us forward.

4) You've obviously lost Bale in the Market but made splendid signings, how would you assess Tottenham's summer transfer market?

We've come out better at the end of it than how we started. Not only did we manage seven quality signings we also got some ok money for those on the move.

5) How have your new signings settled in with the club and who have you been most impressed by so far?

We've not seen much of Chiriches yet and Lamela is being slowly introduced but all of the others have slotted straight in. Paulinho's been my favourite so far, he seems a real all rounder. Eriksen is a lovely player, the sort you're used to signing at the drop of a medical of course!

6) Chelsea have made investments of their own in the market. How do you rate Chelsea's summer signings? And do you think they are enough to propel Chelsea to the tittle?

I was a bit surprised there wasn't more spent on the defensive front, I don't think Terry and Cahill can be relied upon for a whole season and the right back position doesn't seem to have much cover if Ivanovic is needed in the middle. I've no doubt that Schurrle and Willian will produce the goods, Eto'o though was a strange one. Chelsea and Man City will be there at the death as I said.

7) In addition to the usual rivalry between the teams, the AVB vs Mourinho battle comes into the equation this year. What's your opinion on Jose and how do you think the battle with AVB will affect the match?

Is there an AVB v Mourinho battle? It's Mourinho against everyone isn't it? I didn't mind Jose until he started trying to gouge people's eyes out on the touchline. Very Suarez-esque.

8) Defoe has been in fine form for you, but who would you say has been your stand-out performer so far this season?

Difficult to pick out an individual, but if you twisted my arm I'd go for Lloris! Outstanding in all games so far.

9) What lineup and formation do you expect Boas to use in this one?

4-2-3-1 with Soldado on his own, Eriksen behind him and some combination of Lamela, Chadli, Sigurdsson and Townsend out wide. Paulinho and Dembele will be in front of the back four. AVB's favourite set-up for the side thus far.

10) Chelsea are in a "crisis" if you believe the media, but we've done well against your lot in recent years. What kind of game are you expecting and who do you expect to emerge on top?

Crisis? I don't think so, just media shiteyness. My guess is that Mourinho will set up very cagily. I think he'll see a loss as a far far more negative result than a win or draw would be a positive one, so on that basis I'd say we're in for a very tight start to the game, eventually though, I'm sensing a home win.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JT proved him well wrong , he had there centre forward in his pocket and got the goal ,I think there centre back pair will be there weakness,Dawson is a donkey and Vertonghen has yet to convince me . Funny how fans have a negative opinion of England players ,Chelsea's English players have always lead this club with JT and Lamps at the front.