Stiliyan Petrov says John Terry is one of football's good guys

hjperdeath

Isn't it in UEFA restrictions to done the full kit if you want to take part in the celebrations?

I even saw Todd Kane in the full blue kit after the Drogs kick.

yeah UEFA had sent the club an email, that players taking part in the celebrations, especially ones going up to lift the trophy are adviced to wear their kits.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you cheat on your wife and kids you scum in my eyes

Easy to say that in retrospect, Billy, but in fairness it is entirely circumstantial - we don't know what really happened. I was furious at Terry after getting sent off against Barcelona. I even made a topic a while back saying he should be dropped as captain and replaced by Lampard. But - regardless of what has happened off the pitch - he's been a legend for us, and you cannot overlook his contribution to the cause since the age of 14. Let's be fair here, he's a damned-good footballer. I don't really give a shit who he shags.

Easy to say that in retrospect, Billy, but in fairness it is entirely circumstantial - we don't know what really happened. I was furious at Terry after getting sent off against Barcelona. I even made a topic a while back saying he should be dropped as captain and replaced by Lampard. But - regardless of what has happened off the pitch - he's been a legend for us, and you cannot overlook his contribution to the cause since the age of 14. Let's be fair here, he's a damned-good footballer. I don't really give a shit who he shags.

i dont, i have always said he is a legend for this club, but he just oozes scum to me.

Just like Suárez apart from the clubs fan not many people can stand him. But I'm glad that petrov has seen a great side to the always vilified terry.

I've refrained from posting my opinion about JT in this thread simply because I know that he is not what the media paint him to be and I honestly don't care what other people think about his personal life. But hold the f***ing phone; you did NOT just compare John Terry to a c*nt like Luis Suarez!

Luis Suarez is one of the most unsportsmanlike players of his generation. He is an absolute scum that constantly dives, cheats and even attempts to intentionally injure opposition players. I don't know, or care, about anything in his personal life, but if his behavior on the pitch is anything to go by, then he a despicable, and judging by his biting record, borderline psycho-path.

JT has made many idiotic mistakes; more mistakes than the average player, that is undeniable. But JT is not cynical. He is one of the most honest players around and never cheats. I have never seen him try to injure an opposition player. He's passionate and impulsive and might knee Sanchez from behind, but he would never do something that would genuinely hurt an opposition player like stepping on someone or kicking his Achilles like Suarez does. But that passionate impulsive nature is also what makes him put his body on the line week-in week-out for his club and teammates. John Terry is the kind of player who plays half a season by getting injections in his knee because his team needs him. He is the kind of player who played with a broken rib because Cahill and Luiz were both injured and we had no one to replace them. Those sacrifices, this passion he shows on a weekly basis, for me, says so much more about him than that one incident where he called someone a "black c*nt" (which was very wrong and stupid).

John Terry is also a very emotional guy. I've seen him cry because a kid he's met once has cancer. He made a mistake by cheating on his wife, but he absolutely loves his family. He's the type of person who wakes up early on a snowy day to write the names of his wife and kids inside hearts with a shuffle in the snow so they would see it when they wake up. Would scum care so much about others as JT does? Would scum make sure, every time a youth player trains with the first team to go to them, give them tips, and tell them how good and talented they are? Out of all of our players, he is by far the one that gets most involved with the youth and reserve players. He attends a lot of their games and makes sure to help them, give them tips and praise them even though he knows that 90% of them would never make it at the club. If you don't know how much JT cares about his teammates, even from the youth level then read this story: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/12166-dont-judge-a-book-by-its-cover-especially-john-terry/

So JT is an impulsive, passionate and emotional person and like all people of this character, he can be absolute idiot at times, but he is by no means a scum or a bad person and I am honestly disappointed that Chelsea fans who see his attitude and character for the club each week can think otherwise. Just goes to prove that the media can have you believe anything they want.

I've refrained from posting my opinion about JT in this thread simply because I know that he is not what the media paint him to be and I honestly don't care what other people think about his personal life. But hold the f***ing phone; you did NOT just compare John Terry to a c*nt like Luis Suarez!

Luis Suarez is one of the most unsportsmanlike players of his generation. He is an absolute scum that constantly dives, cheats and even attempts to intentionally injure opposition players. I don't know, or care, about anything in his personal life, but if his behavior on the pitch is anything to go by, then he a despicable, and judging by his biting record, borderline psycho-path.

JT has made many idiotic mistakes; more mistakes than the average player, that is undeniable. But JT is not cynical. He is one of the most honest players around and never cheats. I have never seen him try to injure an opposition player. He's passionate and impulsive and might knee Sanchez from behind, but he would never do something that would genuinely hurt an opposition player like stepping on someone or kicking his Achilles like Suarez does. But that passionate impulsive nature is also what makes him put his body on the line week-in week-out for his club and teammates. John Terry is the kind of player who plays half a season by getting injections in his knee because his team needs him. He is the kind of player who played with a broken rib because Cahill and Luiz were both injured and we had no one to replace them. Those sacrifices, this passion he shows on a weekly basis, for me, says so much more about him than that one incident where he called someone a "black c*nt" (which was very wrong and stupid).

John Terry is also a very emotional guy. I've seen him cry because a kid he's met once has cancer. He made a mistake by cheating on his wife, but he absolutely loves his family. He's the type of person who wakes up early on a snowy day to write the names of his wife and kids inside hearts with a shuffle in the snow so they would see it when they wake up. Would scum care so much about others as JT does? Would scum make sure, every time a youth player trains with the first team to go to them, give them tips, and tell them how good and talented they are? Out of all of our players, he is by far the one that gets most involved with the youth and reserve players. He attends a lot of their games and makes sure to help them, give them tips and praise them even though he knows that 90% of them would never make it at the club. If you don't know how much JT cares about his teammates, even from the youth level then read this story: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/12166-dont-judge-a-book-by-its-cover-especially-john-terry/

So JT is an impulsive, passionate and emotional person and like all people of this character, he can be absolute idiot at times, but he is by no means a scum or a bad person and I am honestly disappointed that Chelsea fans who see his attitude and character for the club each week can think otherwise. Just goes to prove that the media can have you believe anything they want.

Dude, you need to read cause the only comparison I made is that not many people outside of the club can stand Suarez or Terry.

Is that not right?

All this other stuff you bring is nowhere near implied in my quotes.

Next time read well before quoting me.

Thanks.

Dude, you need to read cause the only comparison I made is that not many people outside of the club can stand Suarez or Terry.

Is that not right?

All this other stuff you bring is nowhere near implied in my quotes.

Next time read well before quoting me.

Thanks.

And why do you think that the whole post is aimed just at you? The subject is being discussed and I am giving my opinion about it. I quoted your post just for the first part where I tried to explain how Suarez is nothing like JT.

People cheating or getting an initial big head because he's on more dollar than he's ever imagined whilst growing up doesn't make somebody scum, maybe dislikeable to some but nothing more. He's also one of the biggest contributors to the Stilyan charity, he deserves praise for that

Villa fan in peace.

Always had admiration for JT as a player, not as a person mind you (due to obvious reasons) however the man has gone up in my estimation today. He didn't have to fly up there and play at the end of the day, and he wasn't forced to support Stan through his difficult times. he might be a bit of a c**t but got a lot more respect for him these days. He has a soul I guess.

Also played very well today and lucky not to score from a crazy effort from the halfway line.

Anyways this will be my first and last post on here. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Rich

Villa fan in peace.

Always had admiration for JT as a player, not as a person mind you (due to obvious reasons) however the man has gone up in my estimation today. He didn't have to fly up there and play at the end of the day, and he wasn't forced to support Stan through his difficult times. he might be a bit of a c**t but got a lot more respect for him these days. He has a soul I guess.

Also played very well today and lucky not to score from a crazy effort from the halfway line.

Anyways this will be my first and last post on here. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Rich

Stick around, we always appreciate a different perspective to things around here ;)

And why do you think that the whole post is aimed just at you? The subject is being discussed and I am giving my opinion about it. I quoted your post just for the first part where I tried to explain how Suarez is nothing like JT.

Still has nothing to do with what I said.

So if it's not aim at me then don't quote me!

Still has nothing to do with what I said.

So if it's not aim at me then don't quote me!

Of it has. You brought up the Suarez comparison and even if you did not compare their character, just their situations with opposition fans, I wanted to make a point about why even though they have similar position with fans they cannot be compared and so I quoted your post since it had the Suarez reference.

If you believe it has nothing to do with you, then why are you being so defensive?

Of it has. You brought up the Suarez comparison and even if you did not compare their character, just their situations with opposition fans, I wanted to make a point about why even though they have similar position with fans they cannot be compared and so I quoted your post since it had the Suarez reference.

If you believe it has nothing to do with you, then why are you being so defensive?

The only Suárez comparison I put that is just like people defend terry here, so to as the Liverpool fans towards Suárez.

But outside of the club not many people can stand either one.

Don't need a whole break down of the difference in offense each player made.

It doesn't matter because they both get little sympathy from fans not attached to the club they play for.

Isn't it in UEFA restrictions to done the full kit if you want to take part in the celebrations?

I even saw Todd Kane in the full blue kit after the Drogs kick.

Yeah it pisses me off how people still seem to overlook this fact that UEFA order teams to wear full strip for celebrations. Every other member of the team did the same but of course JT was the bad guy here. Ridiculous.

Good to see another positive story about JT but it'll get overlooked by most people & the media.

Yeah it pisses me off how people still seem to overlook this fact that UEFA order teams to wear full strip for celebrations. Every other member of the team did the same but of course JT was the bad guy here. Ridiculous.

Good to see another positive story about JT but it'll get overlooked by most people & the media.

Agreed. Even the occasion itself is getting overshadowed on twitter. 1D fans sending Agbonlahor death threats for taking out that little ponce.