Hello

hey all,

I'm in Arizona and I've been on a long journey trying to find a favorite football team. it started when a friend and I saw Chelsea play AC Milan in Philadelphia in 2004. on the way to the game we wondered if we'd be able to tell a difference in talent between these teams and the MLS teams we had seen before. it took about 10 seconds to realize that yes indeed we could tell.

at that time i figured I'd choose Chelsea as my team. unfortunately it wasnt as easy to follow the EPL from the USA at that time. i wish had found the will to because oh what a decade it would have been.

During the 2006 World Cup i decided i would definitely have a team by the start of the season. I fell in love with Henry and Arsenal it was!. but again i didnt keep my promise.

in 2008 it all started to change. i had much better access to games and a good friend advised me to be a Liverpool fan. watched them for a couple of seasons but it never really stuck.

all during this time i kept hearing people tell me that i should not pick a team near the top of the table. that i shouldnt be a bandwagoner. and i shall never never never pick United or Chelsea. so i shied away from those teams.

from 2010 to 2012 i tried following several different teams Portsmouth(due to the book Bloody Confused), Tottenham etc...but all during that time I always enjoyed watching Chelsea the most. this was mainly due to Drogba. so i decdided to ignore the nay sayers and starting this season i have decided to follow/support Chelsea. so it has come full circle in a way for me.

i know ill probably never be a real fan since i didnt grow up supporting the team but i am reading the history and watching old highlghts in the hopes one day i can enjoy the team just a fraction as much as all of you do.

tl;dr after a decade trying to find a team to support ill be supporting Chelsea this year(and on?)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome! If you want to learn about the game and the team this is your place! There are folks from almost every continent and who have been fans for decades and some more recently have seen the light.

I have found the ones who have grown up fans are always willing to share stories and help you learn the history. The members in general are fairly laid back and easy going (despite a few weird anamolies lately) but will defend their opinions and like spirited debates.

So jump on in and learn about the club!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD