Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Christian Atsu

Jase

Very impressed with him, he had a fantastic game. He did miss a very good chance but also gave the assist for the second goal (see below).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18504b_mike-havenaar_sport

Interesting that he's been playing in centre midfield. I wonder if that has anything to do with how Chelsea plans on using him? If at all they have any particular plans for him.....

He had another good game for Vitesse today, and was unlucky not to bag himself a goal as he hit the post twice. I like him and think he's made for the PL.

what position do you think suits him best?

• 2 months later...

He's been playing at CM the entire season, but he just had an excellent 80 mins on the left wing. Everyone talks about Piazon and Traore, as they should because they are fantastic talents, but from the ten or so Vitesse matches I've seen this season, Atsu has been the standout performer among the three, imo. Even when Vitesse had a slump in the past month and were playing poorly, he maintained his level of performances.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like it's all about Atsu especially this second half of the season for Vitesse. Apparently just had a great match for them and scored a goal too.

• Like 1

Seems like it's all about Atsu especially this second half of the season for Vitesse. Apparently just had a great match for them and scored a goal too.

Yeah, Piazon has gone missing in the second half of the season and Traore still looks very raw and really needs to work on his off ball work from what I've seen, but Atsu has been consistently good. I really like him in central midfield, but I also like him on the left wing. Very versatile. Could be the perfect squad player.

• 3 weeks later...

He'd be the perfect squad player because he can cover all over midfield. But I think a season more on loan. He's really settled at Vitesse right now and he's been one of their key players if not the key player for them this season. No point recalling him just to make the bench a hand full of times.

• 2 weeks later...