Willian

Jase

True. He can also be too selfish. But at least he offers something different and actually presents a goal threat.

I agree with this. Currently its really a trade off between the 2 for me. Willian is crucial for games where we need more control over the midfield and the right flank. Schurrle is decent enough at tracking back but he gives far more end product. I really wish we could combine the 2 players together tbh. I feel that Willian has the technique but he doesn't have the best ideas for attacking, whereby Andre is the opposite. He has better ideas for what to do but he isn't as good as Willian in breezing past his marker or just maintaining possession of the ball

Somehow Willian seems much better player then he is showing us here. He doesn't looked settled or happiest in the world here. His games for us are... Not bad but like he came just to get the job done... Am I the only one who feels this way?

Somehow Willian seems much better player then he is showing us here. He doesn't looked settled or happiest in the world here. His games for us are... Not bad but like he came just to get the job done... Am I the only one who feels this way?

Yeah definitely. I think that is the main gripe against him. He has excellent dribbling, pace, work rate and shooting for me. But he doesn't seem to make full use of them often enough offensively. I'm not too sure about the happy part because that is hard to gauge but it seems like he is taking his stint at Chelsea as just another payday and not a chance to launch himself much further in his status as a player.

He is very useful when we park the bus - like last Sunday - but Schürrle and Salah are much more dangerous.

Saw the same old Willian in the first half. But he really stepped it up in the 2nd half. Didn't slow down play nearly as much as he usually does. Really wished that attempt by Costa would've gone in though. Willian eventually putting it in should do a lot of good for his confidence though.

To be honest I expect that pass to be made.

Yeah, I'd even go so far as to say that clip/goal showcases his poor decision making as much as anything else. After making a great run, to then try and beat the keeper at his near post, from that position, with two runners bursting into the box, just seems wrong to me. He was incredibly lucky to get the ball back after the save, but he reacted well once he did get it back, so full props to him for that.

Yeah, I'd even go so far as to say that clip/goal showcases his poor decision making as much as anything else. After making a great run, to then try and beat the keeper at his near post, from that position, with two runners bursting into the box, just seems wrong to me. He was incredibly lucky to get the ball back after the save, but he reacted well once he did get it back, so full props to him for that.

And here we go... after a MOTM worthy performance in our best game of the season people are still quick to criticize him. Im doing it again but just compare him with Schürrle: In the Bolton game Schürrle had like what, 17 missed shot's on target? Most people's reaction was that he was just unlucky, while he had tons of options to pass it to a player in a better position. This game Willian had like 3 wasted shots (wich where frustrating to watch) but most of the game he was at the right place at the right time beïng involved in all THREE goals. Aside from that he was defending as much as Oscar did (a huge bonus he has over Schürrle). Schürrle tends to stick to his wing, Willian likes to cut in and like you saw yesterday, our three AM's where all rotating in their positions on the field. This style also free's up Ivanovic to bomb forward because Willian and Oscar both aren't shy of doing the dirty work in defending and dropping back to pick up the ball.

Couple of reasons i think he get's so much hate is because 1. His signing led too the departure of Mata 2. Flashy young prospects like KDB and Schürrle (although Schürrle is only 2 years younger) where more out of the team than in it. 3. His pricetag. 4. Him arriving at a moment when we didn't need another AM (on paper).

José had clear intentions in bringing in Willian, and he probably is the first real Mourinho signing because André was more of a board signing. Like it or not, Willian is a Mourinho favorite and when in form he will always have a spot in the team. I also think Mourinho wasn't lying when he said in the pre-match conference he would pick his "best" team to play Villa, although most would argue Schürrle is more useful against teams that park the bus.

In the following interview with Holland he mentions Willian getting more goals should become a result of him placing himself in those goalscoring area's at the right time.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26rn4z_holland-first-goal-was-really-important-hd_sport

And here we go... after a MOTM worthy performance in our best game of the season people are still quick to criticize him. Im doing it again but just compare him with Schürrle: In the Bolton game Schürrle had like what, 17 missed shot's on target? Most people's reaction was that he was just unlucky, while he had tons of options to pass it to a player in a better position. This game Willian had like 3 wasted shots (wich where frustrating to watch) but most of the game he was at the right place at the right time beïng involved in all THREE goals. Aside from that he was defending as much as Oscar did (a huge bonus he has over Schürrle). Schürrle tends to stick to his wing, Willian likes to cut in and like you saw yesterday, our three AM's where all rotating in their positions on the field. This style also free's up Ivanovic to bomb forward because Willian and Oscar both aren't shy of doing the dirty work in defending and dropping back to pick up the ball.

Couple of reasons i think he get's so much hate is because 1. His signing led too the departure of Mata 2. Flashy young prospects like KDB and Schürrle (although Schürrle is only 2 years younger) where more out of the team than in it. 3. His pricetag. 4. Him arriving at a moment when we didn't need another AM (on paper).

José had clear intentions in bringing in Willian, and he probably is the first real Mourinho signing because André was more of a board signing. Like it or not, Willian is a Mourinho favorite and when in form he will always have a spot in the team. I also think Mourinho wasn't lying when he said in the pre-match conference he would pick his "best" team to play Villa, although most would argue Schürrle is more useful against teams that park the bus.

In the following interview with Holland he mentions Willian getting more goals should become a result of him placing himself in those goalscoring area's at the right time.

*snip*

I don't hate Willian, and I don't care about any of the numbered points you listed. Willian's a useful player to have in the squad, and I got a lot of amusement out of his Tottenham snub. I just think he regularly makes poor decisions in the final third and it's something he can work on. I gave him credit for his great run, and then said his reaction was good after getting the ball back. I didn't realise player threads were reserved for worship and adoration alone.

I don't hate Willian, and I don't care about any of the numbered points you listed. Willian's a useful player to have in the squad, and I got a lot of amusement out of his Tottenham snub. I just think he regularly makes poor decisions in the final third and it's something he can work on. I gave him credit for his great run, and then said his reaction was good after getting the ball back. I didn't realise player threads were reserved for worship and adoration alone.

You should probably post the same critisms in the André Schürrle thread then. Because Andre's probably our most selfish player in the final third this season.