Willian

Jase

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

'He's in talks': Frank Lampard reveals Chelsea are still doing all they can to persuade Willian to sign a new deal and stay at Stamford Bridge after his star showing against Tottenham

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7825607/Frank-Lampard-reveals-Chelsea-doing-persuade-Willian-sign-new-deal.html

Not the worst thing if he signs another 2 years I guess and sell him somewhere in between, but I really hope he is only squad depth.

6 hours ago, Arlen Correa said:

I didn't say he would be a rb. I said he would have been a  BRAZILIAN rb.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

That's a mistake. He would be perfect there. More suited to his characteristics than to play winger. 

It is similar to Moses. If you play him as RWB he should be able to cope to some degree, but as rb no way. Willian is our best winger right now and that is not just my opinion, it is also lamp's. 

6 hours ago, communicate said:

It is similar to Moses. If you play him as RWB he should be able to cope to some degree, but as rb no way. Willian is our best winger right now and that is not just my opinion, it is also lamp's. 

I dont think he could be a rb now. My point is, in the past, that kind of player who has many winger characteristics, but can not score goals, would be a full back in Brazil.

6 hours ago, communicate said:

Don't think Willian is a RWB, apart from Hazard he was the only other winger/fullback Conte didn't try there, there's a reason for that.

It's one thing tracking back Infront of your fullback/wingback, it's another actually being said fullback/wingback.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Don't think Willian is a RWB, apart from Hazard he was the only other winger/fullback Conte didn't try there, there's a reason for that.

It's one thing tracking back Infront of your fullback/wingback, it's another actually being said fullback/wingback.

I completely agree that willian is not a RWB. I can see him playing as RWB but honestly he is a winger. Both him and Hazard want the ball on their feet and they rarely make off the ball run. 

7 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

No new contract please. He's 32 in the summer, look what happened to Pedro. And one good game in two months is not worth it anyway. 

Watch Lampard eulogise him into high heavens the moment he has another good game...He is another fraction of the plague gradually decimating the team...

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Malouda was consistent for one season and that was the 2009/10 season. 

Has Willian ever been consistent for a season's entirety? 

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Malouda was Simply World class under Ancelotti

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Malouda was great for like 1 1/2 season after Hiddink replaced Scolari. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2019 at 3:27 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

Malouda was consistent for one season and that was the 2009/10 season. 

Has Willian ever been consistent for a season's entirety? 

Agree with your general thinking but not about the dates.

2009/10 turned out remarkably, but it didn't start that way. For most of the first half of the season we were very ordinary. Few of us thought we'd stay in the title race, never mind finish with a double. The second half of that season became a perfect storm when all of our big players hit their best form at the same time. I've never seen anything to compare with it. It was as if the football in front of us was a collective dream we were sharing. Didier, SFL, AC3, etc were on fire and even Kalou came to the party. Florent was a part of that magical moment in our history. A 'moment' which continued into the first few weeks of the following season, before we all woke from the dream and our form reverted to where it had been pre Christmas in 09/10.

So in a nutshell, I agree that FM had a consistent spell of form for us, I just believe that it amounted to the back half of one season, and the early part of the next rather than the whole of a single season.

• 2 weeks later...