Willian

Jase

Real Madrid 'turn down Willian move'

By Matt Law

Real Madrid have reportedly turned down the chance to sign Chelsea attacker Willian on a free transfer.

The Blues are allegedly in negotiations with the Brazil international over a new deal, but as it stands, the 31-year-old will be out of contract at the end of the 2019-20 campaign.

Willian would be free to agree a pre-contract with a foreign club at the start of 2020 if he failed to sign an extension with Chelsea, and Barcelona have been strongly linked with a swoop.

According to Defensa Central, the South American has also been offered to Madrid, but Zinedine Zidane's side signalled that they would not be interested in signing him on a free transfer.

The report claims that Los Blancos are not in the market for a new wide attacker due to the presence of Brazilian youngsters Vinicius Junior and Rodrygo Goes.

Willian has contributed three goals and three assists in 15 appearances for Frank Lampard's side this season.

snip

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

so if Willian does stay, you are content to roll into next season with him, CHO, and Pulisic as our wingers? so if Willian stays, chalk off any Sancho, etc attempts

same for striker (where I am less concered about a third striker for sure) BUT if we do NOT sell Bats, that means we only have him and Tammy, and odds are high we DO NOT get Werner at that insane low £25m price

We are overloaded at AMF (especially when RLC gets back) so no buying there

I see many who say we do NOT need to buy a CB at all, even if he sell AC (as many say Guehi is good enough)

also many say do not sell Azpi at RB, so no buy there

this leaves LB (and if we miss out on Chilwell, and say (as many on here apparently want to) a hard pass on Alex Telles, that leaves my new suggestion (and this is ONLY if he has a full year of great play as he is new to LB) of Malang Sarr. Gaya has a 100m euro release clause so that is a no go and I will be damned if I accept many saying Alex Telles is not good enough simply becuase he has been in Liga NOS till 26, BUT THEN be told that Grimaldo (the same thing in terms of a Liga NOS player, just 2 and a half years younger but 10 cms shorter and slower and simply not as good in my book) is a perfect buy or bust, and the sense I get from an overall averge is that other than him (and maybe the 

we could be truly arsed at LB if we miss out on Chilwell

a backup GK is needed, but we can grab something decent for cheap (or may roll with a 39yo Wille

that leaves only DMF/CMF

I have seen many say we do not need anyone there

or to wait as the club will buy (blahhhh) Declan Rice or some say use Ampadu there. Rive is going to be insanely overpriced and we can get a far better (IMHO) player in Camavinga for 40m or so less, but again, I see zero ties to him from us

so it is basically all down to Chilwell and if we fail on him, and the board (which is more than likely going to be the case) ignores Telles and Sarr and keeps Alonso

we are rolling into next year with quite possible almost the exact same team, minus Giroud and Pedro

I think that is just asking for trouble, especially if we do not get Chillwell and those other two LB options are ignore and either nothing is done there or we buy middling dregs

that said, I can so see it happening

I have seen some info and talked to some people and I am actually far more pessimistic that we will spend much at all, unless a gift horse is pushed into out faces (surely we MUST at least attempt to grab Werner at that cut rate price)

I think the club is in financial expenditure contraction mode and that it is gong to be run far more in terms at looking at extracting steady profits regardless of what is going on in terms of results (as long as we are competitive for a top 4 or even a top 7 finish)

I hope I am wrong, but I am far less hopeful of this that I was just a few weeks back.

the more I think about it, the less I think we make a move for Sancho, not at the price he will end up going for

I just hope that it does not go so far as to mandate we tell Leicester to fuck off if/when they demand 70m quid or so for Chillwell

Most people should/would want the same core to continue. And not without reason. These are not 26+ old players who have reached their primes. The core (Tammy, mount, Reece, pulisic, Cho, tomori) are below 22/23 and they are no where near their peaks. Some very far off and yet we are very competitive. With these young guys (not counting the likes of Andreas, zouma, RLC who are also "young"), we have a decent blend of experience in jorginho, azpi, Kante, willian, Emerson etc. You can see through various sources that these guys enjoy playing with each other, their is a massive sense of positivity and togetherness in the team. 

I personally will be happy with keeping willy (simply cause I don't think we have a decent chance of getting Sancho given who else is interested), buying Chilwell (non-negotiable, pay up the 70-80 that they would want), buying a better 2nd striker (moussa dembele, Werner is a better option, but again I am quite sure he will end up at Bayern, but I do agree do whatever we can to get him here). Maybe a better 2nd gk? 

If we get this, end up with a squad of

Gk - kepa, 2nd gk, 3rd gk

Rb - Reece, azpi

CB - Rudi, zouma, tomori, Andreas

Lb - Chilwell, Emerson

Cm - jorginho, Kante, kovacic, mount, RLC, gilmour

Wingers - puli, willian, CHO

St - Tammy, dembele

Ugbo, anjorin to fill in as and when needed. I would be happy. Infact I would be excited.

42 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Most people should/would want the same core to continue. And not without reason. These are not 26+ old players who have reached their primes. The core (Tammy, mount, Reece, pulisic, Cho, tomori) are below 22/23 and they are no where near their peaks. Some very far off and yet we are very competitive. With these young guys (not counting the likes of Andreas, zouma, RLC who are also "young"), we have a decent blend of experience in jorginho, azpi, Kante, willian, Emerson etc. You can see through various sources that these guys enjoy playing with each other, their is a massive sense of positivity and togetherness in the team. 

I personally will be happy with keeping willy (simply cause I don't think we have a decent chance of getting Sancho given who else is interested), buying Chilwell (non-negotiable, pay up the 70-80 that they would want), buying a better 2nd striker (moussa dembele, Werner is a better option, but again I am quite sure he will end up at Bayern, but I do agree do whatever we can to get him here). Maybe a better 2nd gk? 

Rb - Reece, azpi

Lb - Chilwell, Emerson

St - Tammy, dembele

Ugbo, anjorin to fill in as and when needed. I would be happy. Infact I would be excited.

You clearly don't want us to win CL. 

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You clearly don't want us to win CL. 

We have spent how many billions since roman came in? Care to tell me how many cls we have won since then? Also, how did we win that cl? Outplaying teams or by sheer strength of will. 

CL is a lucky draw. Spurs were finalist and are 14th in PL today. Ajax were semi finalist and moments away from being finalists and we got 4 points off 2 games against them. 

Anyways, just to answer the remark, no I don't want us to win the CL or rather I don't want us to go spending stupidly on mega egos and go chasing after a CL because i can see us being a absolute force to reckon with in 2/3 years time with the same group of players.

53 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Rb - Reece, azpi

Lb - Chilwell, Emerson

St - Tammy, dembele

I pretty much agree

although my near perfect window (assuming me miss out on Sancho, which I really think we do)

is

your 22 ( I am assuming you are saying to sell Bats as I do not see him listed, and it is, as you said, a gut shot to miss out on Werner)

plus 3 moves (to get to a 25 man roster)

1.   Sell AC to Barca (they want him now per Matt Law, who is the gold standard of Chels reporting) and buy either Konate (my first choice) or Romagnoli (a close second, I leave it to Lamps to decide, either one is fucking great) OR (as although he is a big drop from those 2, he is better than AC, buy Ake, and Ake is only £40m so basically a wash)

2. RW  Nicolò Zaniolo (who can play AMF and CMF too and is left-footed, tall 1.90m, only 21 next summer and is pacey)  I have watched a lot of him the past 2 weeks, he has won me over, we have already scouted the hell out of him, and we are on great terms with Roma

3. DMF/CMF Hybrid  Camavinga FTW, I SOOOOO want him so badly and Kate is perfect mentor to help take him to crazy WC level eventually

as stated DO NOT miss out on bloody Chilwell

if we miss out on Werner, my enthusiasm to sell Bats does go down a bit

should have scored one of those shots. Other than that did not much wrong or right. Back to the usual , useless Willian I guess. Lets hope that CHO recovers some form asap.
The sad Thing is that Willian scored very similar goals this season and against City he misses. His first shot should have at least be on target

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

The sad Thing is that Willian scored very similar goals this season and against City he misses. His first shot should have at least be on target

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Usually Bats, Tammy and Emerson do not look like never having played footy before. But the bigger the higher the pressure the more errors players with a weak mentality make. Maybe for Tammy, Emerson it was just bad luck bur the others have a history of underachieving when counted on in these occasions.

Chelsea face a landmark decision over this 31.5m-rated man’s future – opinion

https://90maat.com/chelsea-face-a-landmark-decision-over-this-31-5m-rated-mans-future-opinion/

Ever since Willian stated there was “no chance” he would have remained at Chelsea had Antonio Conte stayed, his future in London has looked slightly uneasy.

He was using incredibly sparingly under the feisty Italian and only slightly more often during Maurizio Sarri’s tenure. But since Frank Lampard took charge, with the Brazilian fresh from his victory in the 2019 Copa America, Willian has appeared integral to everything the manager has tried to achieve.

But with his contract running out this summer and suitors circling, should Lampard convince him to stay or let him go to make way for others?

The winger has made 12 appearances, nine of which have been starts, in the Premier League this term, scoring two and assisting three. But beyond his importance to the team from a purely statistical standpoint, Willian at 31-years-old is massively influential to the growth of the plethora of young talent Lampard is bringing through. The Brazilian will likely be acting as a mentor to players such as Callum Hudson-Odoi and Christian Pulisic after they committed to Chelsea and look to settle into life at the top of the Premier League. 

Role models don’t come much better than Willian for the pair of young wingers to look up too. He works tirelessly defending from the front, as proven by his 20 tackles, ten interceptions and nine blocked shots this term. Relative to last season the influence of his defensive contribution has skyrocketed, without sacrificing his attacking role after improving his number of goals and assists per match. Averaging almost ten crosses per 90 minutes will no doubt be aiding Tammy Abraham, who has 10 Premier League goals this season.

For both his technical abilities, while also improving the developing players around him, Lampard should do everything within his power to ensure Willian remains at Stamford Bridge, though that might be a tall order with interest from Barcelona, according to Mundo Deportivo (via the Daily Star).

Sarri’s Juventus have also formerly seemed interested in the 31-year-old who may feel now is his last chance to ensure a move to one of Europe’s elite. Especially considering the fact he is available on a free, despite holding a valuation of £31.5m (Transfrmarkt), and could match Aaron Ramsey in demanding enormous wages.

If the West London outfit refuse to break their rule of offering extended contracts to players over the age of 30, they could risk losing the Brazilian international; this is a potential departure that has the makings of a milestone moment in Chelsea’s transfer policy in the modern era.

Barcelona is a dream move for almost every player, but it is worth considering how compatriot Phillipe Coutinho’s has struggled at the Camp Nou after leaving the Premier League. After the ex-Liverpool player made his exit Antione Greiezmann stepped in and has not hit the same level of performance he did for Athletico Madrid. Every player would back themselves to make the starting eleven, but Willian should tread carefully before committing elsewhere.

snip

1 hour ago, Jason said:

But somewhat contrasting to what's on Guardian...

strange sentence in the article

Willian is the oldest player in Lampard’s team, but insists the club’s Academy graduates are keeping him young.

Willie, Giroud, and Pedro are all older

• 2 weeks later...