Willian

Jase

38 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think £300m is well in the realms of possibility. We spent £200m (summer 2017) before inflation shot up to what it is now.

I think Marina will be more willing to back Lampard's wishes compared to previous managers because Frank's more likely to communicate and compromise (ie give me the top player in this position and I'll fill the gap in the other with a youngster compared to Antonio "I want all my first choice targets or I'm going to make life here untenable" Conte who I imagine went in with a sledgehammer and said my way or the highway).

Time will tell but I wouldn't be surprised one iota to see us spend £300m next summer.

To be honest I don't care what we spend so long as we get 2 or 3 top targets that Lampard and the club want, rather than settling on 3rd or 4th choice options which in the past have left us burnt.

If that means a combined £200-250m or just £120m I'm not bothered so long as we get it right. 

The very least I think this position does leave us in that we should now be able to compete at the top end of the market so if there is a player we really want to buy available and he's £80-100m or more then we should be able to go and get him rather than baulking and picking up a far inferior alternative for half the price. 

He might not be everyone's cup of tea and he is obviously a short term player over the next season or two as opposed to long term but he's playing an important role in this team at the moment and I feel he's thriving being one of the senior pro's.

He had his period in 'that' Mourinho season where he played well above everyone else (which to be honest wasn't very hard to do), but I would say that so far this season it has probably been the best period so far of consistently strong performances in his Chelsea career.

Hopefully he keeps it going because this version of Willian at the moment is an important player in the side.

I am not so sure but his performance yesterday was a classic Willian performance where he was useless for almost all parts of the game. The only good thing about him is that he tracks back and with his speed, he can defend Counter attacks from the opposition better. But attacking wise, he did not offer anything. When Willian does not score, I don't see anything that he contributes to the attack. He only had one really good game in PL, but all the other performances apart from his goals were pretty bad.

We really need a new right winger for next season

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

He might not be everyone's cup of tea and he is obviously a short term player over the next season or two as opposed to long term but he's playing an important role in this team at the moment and I feel he's thriving being one of the senior pro's.

He had his period in 'that' Mourinho season where he played well above everyone else (which to be honest wasn't very hard to do), but I would say that so far this season it has probably been the best period so far of consistently strong performances in his Chelsea career.

Hopefully he keeps it going because this version of Willian at the moment is an important player in the side.

I think his run of form in the period we played Barcelona was a lot better than his run in 15/16.

In the latter he just maintained his level (he didn't actually score from open play until December) which in itself looked great compared to how everyone else collapsed, for those two months in 2018 he genuinely looked on Hazard's level.

On 11/2/2019 at 10:19 PM, Tomo said:

I think £300m is well in the realms of possibility. We spent £200m (summer 2017) before inflation shot up to what it is now.

I think Marina will be more willing to back Lampard's wishes compared to previous managers because Frank's more likely to communicate and compromise (ie give me the top player in this position and I'll fill the gap in the other with a youngster compared to Antonio "I want all my first choice targets or I'm going to make life here untenable" Conte who I imagine went in with a sledgehammer and said my way or the highway).

Time will tell but I wouldn't be surprised one iota to see us spend £300m next summer.

We sold quite a bit in 2017, pretty much

Morata - Costa

Baka - matic

Rudiger - ake

We won't spend big and I don't see the need to spend. 

22 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I am not so sure but his performance yesterday was a classic Willian performance where he was useless for almost all parts of the game. The only good thing about him is that he tracks back and with his speed, he can defend Counter attacks from the opposition better. But attacking wise, he did not offer anything. When Willian does not score, I don't see anything that he contributes to the attack. He only had one really good game in PL, but all the other performances apart from his goals were pretty bad.

We really need a new right winger for next season

Yet he is nailed down starter as RW  for Lampard over CHO over pulisic at 31.

19 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

Lol. One of our best performers this season and people are questioning his inclusion. Man, fans are weird on here. 

Just hearing the home and away fans you can see how much willian means to them, so quite happy with that.

Would not say he is anywhere close to some of our best performers like Mount, Tammy, Jorginho. Has had his share of anonymous performances and I feel like he should not be above rotation. 

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Would not say he is anywhere close to some of our best performers like Mount, Tammy, Jorginho. Has had his share of anonymous performances and I feel like he should not be above rotation. 

I don't think anyone is/should be above rotation. 

But who has been our best winger so far? Cho has had a couple of good games, followed by 2 so-sos. Pulisic started averagely was dropped and now has been brilliant. 

Willian has been our best winger. My only issue is the way people talk about our own player. Bloody hell, he gives his 100% each game, is playing well. Has scored some mega improtant goals, and yet this 

15 hours ago, communicate said:

We sold quite a bit in 2017, pretty much

Morata - Costa

Baka - matic

Rudiger - ake

We won't spend big and I don't see the need to spend. 

We have this summer and probably will next.

Another terrible match. 

Another terrible match. 

Another terrible match. 

Another terrible match. 

Another terrible match. 

How long is this son of a bitch starting the matches without deserving?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

MArina is at the helm, you cant expect much better. She just does not have the experience to cash in when the time is right. I wouldnt for one sec be surprised if he get an extension later on.

HAs he been worth keeping since the Barca offers? No way for me.

MArina is at the helm, you cant expect much better. She just does not have the experience to cash in when the time is right. I wouldnt for one sec be surprised if he get an extension later on.
HAs he been worth keeping since the Barca offers? No way for me.
Sarri did not want him to leave. That is why he stayed