• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Willian's heat map vs Man City.

Posted Images

I totally understand the decision not to offer him a 3 year deal especially considering his age but the disrespect towards him is unjustified. One of our best players this season and one of our most important players since his arrival.

• Like 2

Arse fans are absolutely losing their minds over this. 😂

They all act like they're so above Willian even though he'd instantly be amongst their best players. Just like a lot of them were crying when we sold them Luiz and now they all love him.

Willian is a nice lad who, on his day, is utterly brilliant. There have rarely been enough of those days to keep the fans off his back, but he's given his best and, as well evidenced this year, he's worked hard. It's absolutely obvious why Frank likes him. Now it seems that he's off, he'll go with the thanks and best wishes of Chelsea fans.

Speaking personally, I'm embarrassed by the level of vitriol in some of the comments posted here. People decide for themselves how they want to support the club and its players. I can only say that the people posting the comments I'm referring to are choosing to do it differently to the way I'd prefer. I'd find more quality in one Willian dribble, at pace, through the midfield than in one hundred thousand such posts.

Just in case these comments lead anyone to misjudge my view of Willian. For many seasons I used to say that Willian is an OK footballer but that if we were to become the team we'd like to be, he would not get into the side. Once again therefore I find myself defending a player when I was previously among a minority criticising him. He's a Chelsea player, he's worn the shirt and made the best contribution he could to successful Chelsea sides. That will always earn him respect and affection from me. Just because I don't believe he's the player we need, does not mean I will react to him with an aggressively dismissive attitude. Never going to happen. :(

7 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I totally understand the decision not to offer him a 3 year deal especially considering his age but the disrespect towards him is unjustified. One of our best players this season and one of our most important players since his arrival.

I am with you on this

and he may come back to haunt us if he goes to Spuds or Arse or even Manure

he is a prick for not taking the 2 years

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Arse fans are absolutely losing their minds over this. 😂

They all act like they're so above Willian even though he'd instantly be amongst their best players. Just like a lot of them were crying when we sold them Luiz and now they all love him.

Fickle as fuck them lot...he would start ahead of Pepe.

I think if he loves chelsea as much as he has claimed then he should settle for 2 years. Chelsea usually offer only 1 year to 30+ year old players and he wants 3 years, so 2 years is middle ground.

But I also don't fault him for looking for his last big pay check as his playing career is coming closer to an end. If so, then we are not that club for him.

20 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

I think if he loves chelsea as much as he has claimed then he should settle for 2 years. Chelsea usually offer only 1 year to 30+ year old players and he wants 3 years, so 2 years is middle ground.

Pretty sure the club broke their own policy when they also decided to give a 30-year-old+ Luiz two-year contract. 

The likes of Terry and Lampard must have spitted bloody...

234  Appearances  with 37 goals  as attacking player  for  7 seasons .

Pedro have  137 appearances with  30 goals wtf :D

Salah have 73 goals from 2017 .

Mane 63 goals .

Its time to go  Willy boy .  Good average player but nothing more  with one really  good season .

Willian is actually the exact type of player we need in the AM3 role from the bench next season as whilst he doesn't score/assist like he should, he is actually very good at keeping the ball, which would be very handy in a lot of matches where you want to take the sting out of games. However, 3 years on top dollar for a 32 year old AM is not wise. 2 years was a bit of a push, but 3 years is just too much. 

I reckon he will be good for Le Arse but if he picks up a bad injury not long after signing he could be Ozil Mk2. 

• Like 1

A frustrating player to watch due his awful decision making in final 3rd and his lack of production. But outside those two, his skillet is at elite level and it is clear the difference in our team with and without willian especially this season. 

Such a shame that he is not appreciated more by our fans but he has been a wonderful contributor for our team. 

There would have been some merit in keeping him another year to ease the transition but the club must not be held to ransom. So the conditions under which he departs are perfectly understandable for me. His strengths and weaknesses have been abundantly discussed here so what lefts is to thank him for his decent service. I am not celebrating him leaving for it has been painfully evident how we struggle to keep the ball in the final third without him tho I am sure as hell not regretting his departure either.