Willian

Jase

59 minutes ago, herzogian said:

Mhm yes, but first of all I still don't see any proof of those "facts" except for the reporting in those papers. And secondly by using terms like 'AWOL' and  saying that 'he claims' you're implying that Willian is absent from training on purpose. Buying into the whole 'Willian wants to force a move'-narrative the tabloids are promoting right now. All  I'm saying is be more critical and have more patience.

so you dispute he is not at training camp??  LOL

and the passport was HIS OWN EXCUSE, not some made up keyboard commando's

So, if he's off to Utd (IF), we'd obviously like Martial in return, and it's win-win.  

BUT, we still have Morata, and I can't see us shifting him, so how are we going to pull that off?

Which kind of would suggest that it's Willian out and no Martial.  If we start to hear about Morata going away, then I can see this happening.  

5 hours ago, dreamcfc said:

Agreed.

If what you say is fact Vesper, then the facts we know are that Willian did not attend training today because he had passport issues, why is that anything to be concerned with, pretty normal is it not?

Doesn't mean he went AWOL and is refusing to come back etc. Ridiculous.

AWOL was before he came out with the passport story. After the Costa shit, I trust a lot less too.

11 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

There is no BUT for me, He wouldnt change ... doesnt matter what system u put him in ... In fact he will slow down the tempo in Sarri's system :)

Someone who can really benefit would be Pedro because he loves to play direct and Sarri's system is just apt for him.  

That is also my main worry. He parks the bus in the right corner and does 14 leg flair moves. I have hope Sarri can get him out of that slowdown play.

I am resigned to the fact he is here for the year. Courtois too. Morata as well. Hopefully all 3 put in career years.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

AWOL was before he came out with the passport story. After the Costa shit, I trust a lot less too.

Difference being that in the case of Costa, there was a total communications blackout

The club didn't have a clue about what he was up to.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Ffs Willian has not gone AWOL and then covered his arse with a passport story. What a load of utter shite. He told the club and has had to wait to get his passport sorted to come back as would any other citizen of any nation.... the sun and times are encouraging this AWOL shit based on he has the same agents as Costa and was close friends to him, no actual proof where as Costa was pictured in Brazil at the time he was meant to be back.

People will believe anything these days, it’s actually laughable that AWOL bullshit and this whole idea of him poisoning the dressing room as it was put in another thread as well, honestly for Chelsea fans to make such claims on here, a few days after that article slaming Cahill for taking 3 weeks off, it’s horrendous and makes me wonder why people even bother supporting the club if their just gonna spout or take absolute non starter stories as truth.

Actually makes me think no wonder other teams fans seem to think that a large portion of Chelsea fans are morons.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Ffs Willian has not gone AWOL and then covered his arse with a passport story. What a load of utter shite. He told the club and has had to wait to get his passport sorted to come back as would any other citizen of any nation.... the sun and times are encouraging this AWOL shit based on he has the same agents as Costa and was close friends to him, no actual proof where as Costa was pictured in Brazil at the time he was meant to be back.

People will believe anything these days, it’s actually laughable that AWOL bullshit and this whole idea of him poisoning the dressing room as it was put in another thread as well, honestly for Chelsea fans to make such claims on here, a few days after that article slaming Cahill for taking 3 weeks off, it’s horrendous and makes me wonder why people even bother supporting the club if their just gonna spout or take absolute non starter stories as truth.

Actually makes me think no wonder other teams fans seem to think that a large portion of Chelsea fans are morons.

Dude, that's a bit harsh.  

This club say nothing except for a few "leaks" like after Conte was released (to paint him in a bad light), so it's sometimes hard to read between the lines.  For example, the transfer rumours that have been going around.  Personally, I don't think we were ever in for Higuain.  Some people may think I'm a moron.  But, I wouldn't call someone else a moron for believing it.

In this case, Willian acted petulantly at the end of the season.  Then, we've been hearing all summer that Willian wanted to join Barca.  Now, it's Madrid, or Man Utd.  He had a video where he stated that he was happy in London.  Then he hasn't shown up for training when he was supposed to.  Okay, shit happens, maybe it was on purpose, maybe it's legit.  Personally, I don't really care.  But, it's easy to see how people could read in to things, one way or another.

This has a whiff of when Diego didn't show up for pre season after being camped out at AM with his begging letters.

All this shit about Barca not issuing a bid yet Willians staff say they made 2.. RM saying they def don't want him and never had.

This isn't going to do much for any leverage we have with Manure IF ANY.

I'm afraid we are stuck with him unless we drop his asking price.

51 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'd love for this to happen, although I assume if we did manage to get Martial then he would be played up front as opposed to on the right wing and as a result we'd need to try and offload one of our strikers and still buy a right winger.

If this doesn't come to fruition though I wouldn't sell Willian to United for cash. With our recent track record and so late in the window, we'll end up messing up negotiations for a replacement and end up with a player that doesn't sufficiently replace Willian.

Also Mourinho wants him desperately apparently and not letting him go there will only piss him off even more and hopefully add fuel to the current fire that's brewing over there.

The squeeze is on for JM now, there is hardly anytime left and he has a completely broken relationship with Martial. You can't keep an unhappy player, something has to give.

We need a striker, and despite not being completed Higuain will still go to Milan, this has to be top priority for us to get Martial.