Willian

Jase

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yep. We'll go into this season with the same exact attacking options as last season and hoping a change in tactics/philosophy improve them.

We scored 56 goals in the league last season. I don't know how Sarri is going to do it, but it would be a tactical masterclass if we can score up to 75-80 needed to get top four.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yep. We'll go into this season with the same exact attacking options as last season and hoping a change in tactics/philosophy improve them.

Indeed. Not good at all, though all we really need is a goalscorer and i'd be ok with what we have.

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

We scored 56 goals in the league last season. I don't know how Sarri is going to do it, but it would be a tactical masterclass if we can score up to 75-80 needed to get top four.

We scored 85 goals the season before. The only change was Costa who contributed to 20 goals. Had the rest of the team played properly we would have been on around 75-80 goals including Morata's 11. 

1 minute ago, dreamcfc said:

Indeed. Not good at all, though all we really need is a goalscorer and i'd be ok with what we have.

That's the only worrying part of the squad...I don't want to see us be the lowest scoring team in the top 6 next season...I hope we can bring in a goal scoring forward or attacker...

1 minute ago, eemanyooel said:

That's the only worrying part of the squad...I don't want to see us be the lowest scoring team in the top 6 next season...I hope we can bring in a goal scoring forward or attacker...

At this point, the only player I see coming in is possibly Vecino, who is so not a scorer. Maybe a panic/consolation signing (he is free, which is our preferred price for most signings these days) of Bernard. Willian is going nowhere, Real have said the £100m dual buy story was (of course) bullshit. The Martial swap is a self-delusional projection of my own wishes. I doubt we will even be able to sell Drinkwater (unless Palace loses the plot and sprays 30m quid our way) or Bakayoko (Milan has said no, Sevilla dont have the cash to meet our valuation) for anywhere near a price the board will agree to. We are 80% probably just going to let Courtois's contract wind down and lose him on a free next summer. I predict big issues goals scoring and with LB, when Emerson is not playing. EPL and EL teams are going to so exploit Alonso slowness and lack of defensive skills. Players like Salah, Mahrez, Sterling, Zaha, Felipe Anderson, etc will open him up like a cheap tin of tuna, The board has zero ambition, and I really think the club may be in the process of being sold.

I hope I am pleasantly surprised, but I see nothing going on at present to make that an outcome. The best we can hope for is Sarri to work magic with what he has.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

At this point, the only player I see coming in is possibly Vecino, who is so not a scorer. Maybe a panic/consolation signing (he is free, which is our preferred price for most signings these days) of Bernard. Willian is going nowhere, Real have said the £100m dual buy story was (of course) bullshit. The Martial swap is a self-delusional projection of my own wishes. I doubt we will even be able to sell Drinkwater (unless Palace loses the plot and sprays 30m quid our way) or Bakayoko (Milan has said no, Sevilla dont have the cash to meet our valuation) for anywhere near a price the board will agree to. We are 80% probably just going to let Courtois's contract wind down and lose him on a free next summer. I predict big issues goals scoring and with LB, when Emerson is not playing. EPL and EL teams are going to so exploit Alonso slowness and lack of defensive skills. Players like Salah, Mahrez, Sterling, Zaha, Felipe Anderson, etc will open him up like a cheap tin of tuna, The board has zero ambition, and I really think the club may be in the process of being sold.

I hope I am pleasantly surprised, but I see nothing going on at present to make that an outcome. The best we can hope for is Sarri to work magic with what he has.

Vecino will not happen...anything can happen between now and close of the summer transfer window...though m not expecting anything...but let's save the moan till the start of the season or close of the summer transfer window...

21 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Vecino will not happen...anything can happen between now and close of the summer transfer window...though m not expecting anything...but let's save the moan till the start of the season or close of the summer transfer window...

I really think it will. Inter already has an overload of CMF's (Vecino, Radja Nainggolan, Marcelo Brozovic, Roberto Gagliardini (who I rate higher than Vecino), Borja Valero) and are on verge of signing Arturo Vidal from Bayern. They also have agreed fully with Atletico Madrid on RB Sime Vrsaljko. https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/inter-accordo-totale-per-vrsaljko-le-cifre-delloperazione

They need the cash, and Sarri is obsessed with Vecino for some reason. Roman and Granny spent the Inter post game discussing his transfer. I think it goes down (and I think is a waste).

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I really think it will. Inter already has an overload of CMF's (Vecino, Radja Nainggolan, Marcelo Brozovic, Roberto Gagliardini (who I rate higher than Vecino), Borja Valero) and are on verge of signing Arturo Vidal from Bayern. They also have agreed fully with Atletico Madrid on RB Sime Vrsaljko. https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/inter-accordo-totale-per-vrsaljko-le-cifre-delloperazione

They need the cash, and Sarri is obsessed with Vecino for some reason. Roman and Granny spent the Inter post game discussing his transfer. I think it goes down (and I think is a waste).

It won't happen...Read the club told Sarri the midfielders we have is enough for the season....Inter should can sell their vecino else where...it won't happen same also Higuain...amount Juventus is asking for him is outrageous while they ain't ready to sell Rugani...so Vecino won't happen unless Bakayoko and Drinkwater moves...

8 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

It won't happen...Read the club told Sarri the midfielders we have is enough for the season....Inter should can sell their vecino else where...it won't happen same also Higuain...amount Juventus is asking for him is outrageous while they ain't ready to sell Rugani...so Vecino won't happen unless Bakayoko and Drinkwater moves...

I am hoping that Baka and Drinkwater ARE sold, just starting to think it may not happen for both. It's a 50/50 I think, but as soon as one is gone, I really think they close out Vecino. The most consistent number (price-wise) I have seen Inter wants is €30m (£26.7m). I cannot see that being a deal breaker

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am hoping that Baka and Drinkwater ARE sold, just starting to think it may not happen for both. It's a 50/50 I think, but as soon as one is gone, I really think they close out Vecino. The most consistent number (price-wise) I have seen Inter wants is €30m (£26.7m). I cannot see that being a deal breaker

Even at that then RLC will wanna move due to game time....signing vecino will shift him down the pecking order which I think will not do not to affect or distort his development....the only player the club won't mind doing that to RLC is SMS which I am sure will not happen due to his price tag....