Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Willian


Jase
 Share
Followers 6

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Willian's heat map vs Man City.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Tack Mrs! f974f1183439db41c82ce0517d4ce0a3.gif

My rule of thumb for Chels is that if Law is talking about something, it is real. He gets fed info from high levels, I think mostly as an informal/formal leak for test balloons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Willian has now failed to register a goal or assist in 14 of his last 16 games for Chelsea.

#CFC

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

Higuain has ONE in Milan's last 15 so a perfect match.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Sorry OFAG I only just saw this mate. Wasn;t ignoring you lol

 

There was headlines everywhere if you remember. Barca 1st offered £50 mill, then £55 then the 3rd was £65mill and Penny Pincher says no less than £70mill!!!

 

Chelsea reject latest Barcelona bid of £65m for Willian... but Blues WILL accept if they up offer to £70m

Chelsea have rejected a third bid for Willian by Spanish giants Barcelona 

Barcelona are understood to have made a bid of £65million on Friday 

New boss Maurizio Sarri and his players are travelling back from Australia 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5983585/Chelsea-REJECT-latest-Barcelona-bid-65m-Willian.html

Thanks UJ,

I may be unusual, but I have no faith in such stories. So many interested sources to place tales, and equally many different motivations for publishing them. I don't count those as evidence.

I'm not prepared to base my judgement of the performance of club officials on scant information. That's not to say that these reports are always wrong, but they are not right often enough for me to get excited about.

I have a feeling that reports of Barca's interest in William were planted as a distraction. I believe that if it was as serious as suggested, Willian would have agitated until he forced it through. I think too that Barca and Malcolm's agent allowed the interest from Roma to be used as a stalking horse to establish a transfer fee minus the usual Barcelona tax. My money says Malcolm was their real target all along.

As it turns out the young Brazilian can't seem to force his way into Barca's side but, if you were shopping for them last summer, who would you have targetted; Willian or Malcolm?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Thanks UJ,

I may be unusual, but I have no faith in such stories. So many interested sources to place tales, and equally many different motivations for publishing them. I don't count those as evidence.

I'm not prepared to base my judgement of the performance of club officials on scant information. That's not to say that these reports are always wrong, but they are not right often enough for me to get excited about.

I have a feeling that reports of Barca's interest in William were planted as a distraction. I believe that if it was as serious as suggested, Willian would have agitated until he forced it through. I think too that Barca and Malcolm's agent allowed the interest from Roma to be used as a stalking horse to establish a transfer fee minus the usual Barcelona tax. My money says Malcolm was their real target all along.

As it turns out the young Brazilian can't seem to force his way into Barca's side but, if you were shopping for them last summer, who would you have targetted; Willian or Malcolm?

But like @Vesper said Matt Law reported it too and I think GENERALLY he does seem in the know for things Chels.

But I do see where you're coming from.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But like @Vesper said Matt Law reported it too and I think GENERALLY he does seem in the know for things Chels.

But I do see where you're coming from.

There were far too sources for it to be a complete smokescreen, especial when the exact time of the offers was given, especially the last one. In the last 2 years or so I have never seen Law push a complete bullshit story. 

If you look at Barca's situation and Willian's standing, it makes a lot of sense. Dembele was really coming off a pretty poor year BUT he was not foing to be sold. He is a legit long term project they dropped (with add-ons) £135m on. That is more than double Willian's final offer. Willian was coming off a pretty solid 4 year run, and was at an age where they could get 3 or 4 years of solid play out of. He can play either wing, and is really good at tracking back (his main reason he plays). He also was the darkhorse key player for the Brasilian national WC team and was one of the few who performed at least somewhat decently.

He would have given time to fully raise up Dembele to complete integration level. His play for years (before this one) fits the Barca style fairly well.

Also, as I was a big fan (still am) of Malcom, I followed what was going on with him as well, eapecially feom primary sources in Bordeaux and at French national level. Their narratives (that Malcom was Barca's fall-back option if Willian deal fell through) all proved to be born out by actual events.

The Willian to Barca saga went on far far too long and was too documented by legit sources to be a fake, IMHO.

At some point stories are too big and long lasting and backed up to ignore and call bullshit on. Pulisic is a perfect example, and was pushed by many of the same vectors and personalities that drove the Willian narrative. Morata was another good example. 

The player himself said it was real.

 

Willian aims to stay at Chelsea and confirms bid from Barcelona
Willian says he intends to stay at Chelsea, and confirmed Barcelona made a bid to sign him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45084608

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

SURELY we couldn't be so lucky!

Barcelona ready to launch £50m player-plus cash bid for Chelsea winger Willian in deal which would see Brazilian Malcom go the other way

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6578733/Barcelona-ready-launch-50m-bid-Chelsea-forward-Willian-deal-including-Malcom.html

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

SURELY we couldn't be so lucky!

Barcelona ready to launch £50m player-plus cash bid for Chelsea winger Willian in deal which would see Brazilian Malcom go the other way

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6578733/Barcelona-ready-launch-50m-bid-Chelsea-forward-Willian-deal-including-Malcom.html

 

If this is true take it and run. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got so excited at the prospect of him leaving I didn't even click to see who the supposed player barca are offering is lmao

But seriously, this story might be complete bs but if someone does offer us anything north of 30M, let's bite their hand off!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...