Willian

Jase

But if it is just Sarri he wants to meet before deciding why not put the bid on hold instead of rejecting? Doesnt make sense. But we dont know the communication besides. Maybe its just negotiation maybe Willian is not for sale I will wait untilnthe window shuts until deciding whether to curse Granny or not.

edit: Barcelona were 1/2 to sign him yesterday and are now 8/1 . Looks like Granny really bottled it here🙈🙈🙈

A couple of points about Willian -

1. Who is to say that Chelsea haven't sounded out Willian alternatives and are being quoted insane figures. Richarlison is going to Everton for £50m - just let that sink in for a minute.

2. I've read a few times that Sarri is a big fan of Willian and thinks he'll suit his system well. We're wanting the club to back Sarri and give him the best possible chance to make this work so if he wants to keep Willian and we've made the effort to hold on to him hopefully its another big vote of confidence for Sarri.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

A couple of points about Willian -

1. Who is to say that Chelsea haven't sounded out Willian alternatives and are being quoted insane figures. Richarlison is going to Everton for £50m - just let that sink in for a minute.

2. I've read a few times that Sarri is a big fan of Willian and thinks he'll suit his system well. We're wanting the club to back Sarri and give him the best possible chance to make this work so if he wants to keep Willian and we've made the effort to hold on to him hopefully its another big vote of confidence for Sarri.

Since when has Granny ever given a fuck about which players the manager wants. And now its the deal of her life and she bottles it

Seems barca really have withdrawn

https://www.google.de/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/07/23/transfer-barcelona-withdraws-deal-sign-willian-chelsea/amp/

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Since when has Granny ever given a fuck about which players the manager wants. And now its the deal of her life and she bottles it

Seems barca really have withdrawn

https://www.google.de/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/07/23/transfer-barcelona-withdraws-deal-sign-willian-chelsea/amp/

From what has been written Roman got involved to get Sarri over the line, pushed the boat out to sign Jorginho and we're being heavily linked with Higuain which is against our usual transfer business.

A lot of signs point to Roman really wanting Sarri, wanting Chelsea to play his style of football and giving him every opportunity to do so. Marina might have other ideas in her head and have a lot of influence but she doesn't own the club. 

Look, obviously £60 million is big money for a largely inconsistent winger, but i'm not going to moan if we keep him. Sarri's a big fan and It'll be interesting to see how he fairs in an attacking team. I mean the large majority of his time playing for Chelsea and Brazil have been under pragmatic coaches, the likes of Scoalri, Dunga, Tite, Mourinho and Conte. Who would have Mertens and Insigne would be world beaters under Rafa? all i'm saying is i'm relaxed either way. 

30 minutes ago, James said:

Look, obviously £60 million is big money for a largely inconsistent winger, but i'm not going to moan if we keep him. Sarri's a big fan and It'll be interesting to see how he fairs in an attacking team. I mean the large majority of his time playing for Chelsea and Brazil have been under pragmatic coaches, the likes of Scoalri, Dunga, Tite, Mourinho and Conte. Who would have Mertens and Insigne would be world beaters under Rafa? all i'm saying is i'm relaxed either way. 

He is 30 years old. He has been used by pragmatic coaches because he is a workhorse, fair play for that but he also played at Shaktar and Anzhi as their star man, basically had a free role and was as limited as under Mourinho and Conte. Even under Sarri he is not magically gonna become some world beater. He is nowhere near worth 60m, this bid was crazy like the Oscar and Ramires bids so I am still mightily pissed that Granny refused. For missing out on 60 million, Willian needs to score 20 goals next season.

2 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Source?

Think its more of a I Wish than its happening

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I really hope you are right. do you have a link?

One of many been reported since the WC but 2 weeks or so ago Coutinho said he doubted Barca would make a move for him.

Willian, closer to Barcelona thanks to Philippe Coutinho

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/willian-closer-to-barcelona-thanks-to-philippe-coutinho-6952815

12 hours ago, blues.bridge said:

Icardi would cost like something £100B
Dembele  more or less Willian plus £40B
if we sold also Morata, pedro,giroud and some other like bakayoko or drinkwater, we can get it

Zero chance Icardi goes for anywhere less than £120 to 130m, IF they even sell him.

I agree we could, in theory generate enough cash via sales, but I see almost no effort so far to srat the mass liquidation of deadwood need by Granny and the board.

lets look at thsi in more depth, this time with NO Hazard sale

I see us needing to sell

Courtois £35m 
Drinkwater £30m

Willian £65m (Barca offred this, their thrird increasing bid, SELLLLL)
Luiz £25m to PSG or another place
Alonso £40m to Barca (he isnt going to work in our system as a RB)
Morata £55m 
Victor Moses £25m (we will never get more for him than now)
Cahill £15m
Bakayoko £35m back to Monaco or elsewhere

Zouma £20m (I dont think he ever will fully recover from his cruciate ligament disaster of 2016)
Assorted other small sales  £10m

Roman said a max NET spend of £60m when all is balanced out

we spent £50m on Jorginho

so that leaves around £10m there

add it up

that's £365m to the bank (those sell prices are totally realistic, give or take a total of £10m, 15m, and we take a loss on some)

KEEP KANTE!!!!

we KEEP Azpilicueta, make NO sense to sell him, he is more than capable of play right fullback in a back 4, and is a great crosser
Keep Ross Barkley
Keep Bats (MAYBE loan him out)
Keep RLC
Keep Giroud (its not like we would get a tonne anyway and he is a GREAT backup or game changer in 60th, 70th minute)

Keep Zappacosta as backup RB

Keep Pedro, he will thrive for 2,3 more years in Sarri ball

Loan out Bats 

so, now the buys

Mauro Icardi £125m should get it done
Alex Sandro £55m is what Juve demands, pay it (keep Emerson for backup/rotation)
Rugani £45m
Strakosha £40m (by far best available GK out there now that Donnarumma deal looks to be going south)
Golovin £35m

Leon Bailey £65m (can play either wing, prefers RW even though left-footed)

total cost.... £365m, same as the pot from the sales and 10m left over from the £60m net spend Roman demand

our team IF we could pull all this off

GK Strakosha

GK (backup) find a cheap replacement for Caballero 

CB Christensen

CB Rugani

CB Rudiger

CB Ampadu (he IS ready for 1st team for sure)

LB Alex Sandro

LB Emerson

RB Azpilicueta 

RB Zappacosta

DMF Kante

DMF Jorginho

CMF Loftus-Cheek

CMF Fabregas

AMF Golovin

AMF Barkley

LW Hazard

LW Hudson-Odoi (he is ready for 1st team!)

RW Leon Bailey

RW Pedro

CF Icardi

CF Giroud

CF Abraham

THAT'S a VERY strong, deep, young (only older than 30 players are Giroud, Pedro and Fabregas) team and all done with NO Hazard, NO Kante sales and meets Roman's £60m net spend demand

Fekir is staying at Lyon for now

another option is to increase net spending by around £40m (if Roman goes for it) and take out Bailey and put Dembele in his place, which is a big gamble as then we are splashing the equivalent of £105m for a player who was a semi flop at Barca.

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Zero chance Icardi goes for anywhere less than £120 to 130m, IF they even sell him.

I agree we could, in theory generate enough cash via sales, but I see almost no effort so far to srat the mass liquidation of deadwood need by Granny and the board.

lets look at thsi in more depth, this time with NO Hazard sale

I see us needing to sell

Courtois £35m 
Drinkwater £30m

Willian £65m (Barca offred this, their thrird increasing bid, SELLLLL)
Luiz £25m to PSG or another place
Alonso £40m to Barca (he isnt going to work in our system as a RB)
Morata £55m 
Victor Moses £25m (we will never get more for him than now)
Cahill £15m
Bakayoko £35m back to Monaco or elsewhere

Zouma £20m (I dont think he ever will fully recover from his cruciate ligament disaster of 2016)
Assorted other small sales  £10m

Roman said a max NET spend of £60m when all is balanced out

we spent £50m on Jorginho

so that leaves around £10m there

add it up

that's £365m to the bank (those sell prices are totally realistic, give or take a total of £10m, 15m, and we take a loss on some)

KEEP KANTE!!!!

we KEEP Azpilicueta, make NO sense to sell him, he is more than capable of play right fullback in a back 4, and is a great crosser
Keep Ross Barkley
Keep Bats (MAYBE loan him out)
Keep RLC
Keep Giroud (its not like we would get a tonne anyway andhe is a GREAT backupor game changers in 60th, 70th minute)

Keep Zappacosta as backup RB

Keep Pedro, he will thrive for 2,3 more years in Sarri ball

Loan out Bats 

so, now the buys

Mauro Icardi £125m should get it done
Alex Sandro £55m is what Juve demands, pay it (keep Emerson for backup/rotation)
Rugani £45m
Strakosha £40m (by far best available GK out there now that Donnarumma deal looks to be going south)
Golovin £35m

Leon Bailey £65m (can play either wing, prefers RW even though left-footed)

total cost.... £365m, same as the pot from the sales and 10m left over from the £60m net spend Roman demand

our team IF we could pull all this off

GK Strakosha

GK (backup) find a cheap replacement for Caballero 

CB Christensen

CB Rugani

CB Rudiger

CB Ampadu (he IS ready for 1st team for sure)

LB Alex Sandro

LB Emerson

RB Azpilicueta 

RB Zappacosta

DMF Kante

DMF Jorginho

CMF Loftus-Cheek

CMF Fabregas

AMF Golovin

AMF Barkley

LW Hazard

LW Hudson-Odoi (he is ready for 1st team!)

RW Leon Bailey

RW Pedro

CF Icardi

CF Giroud

CF Abraham

THAT'S a VERY strong, deep, young (only older than 30 players are Giroud, Pedro and Fabregas) team and all done with NO Hazard, NO Kante sales and meets Roman's £60m net spend demand

I like that and i can't be more agree...

But if we wanted to do that, we should have started this work earlier. He remains 2 weeks before the end of the windows, I can't imagine so many move (OUT/IN).

But definitively this team will be amazing and not impossible from a financial point of view.