Willian

Jase

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I wonder would it be a good shout to try him in left wing back role?

He was always better on left side and his skills are somewhere between fullback and winger. He can run for ages (at least he could), he is super quick, he can hold on the ball, he is decent at tracking back. 

I would love to try it in cup games first and then maybe it works.

The only con is see he is not exactly tactical guy. I doubt he would sit back if needed. Despite being coached by pragmatic Mourinho and now Conte, he still tries to overcomplicate things sometimes and go solo instead of cooperating.

But if he could adopt, he would be probably brilliant. He doesnt have the quality for winger, but wingback, like Moses he could be perfect.

He would link with Eden brilliantly and if he can work on defending which under Conte I believe he can, it would be damn amazing.

No more right footed players on left back position please :) He works better at left winger as he can cut inside on his stronger right foot but in left wing back position he needs to stay wide and cross :) 

46 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

No more right footed players on left back position please :) He works better at left winger as he can cut inside on his stronger right foot but in left wing back position he needs to stay wide and cross :) 

Yeah thats true, but crosses are something I dont realy rate much. There are many factors even if the player has perfect crosses, it doesnt mean there will be many goals from them. Costa doesnt win many airballs anyway.

Naturaly I would prefer left footed Lwb, but I would love to see Willian get a shot. We dont have many options anyway, and I can see Willian and Eden develop very nice partnership. For a winger, Willian aint that skilled, but for a wingback he would be perfect. If he can learn to defend and track like Moses, he can do it. He is quick and not easy to be pushed off the ball either. 

Marcos has peach of left foot and very good crossing, but most efficient actions are those where he interplays with Eden and midfield with quick passing. He is very good at that, just a tad slow sometimes. Willian is quicker and perhaps it could work, but surely he would need release the ball faster and not dribble and stop every attack like he does now. 

Scored 3 goals so far.
Last year 5, for the entire season.
Last year Costa-Hazard were underpeforming, Costa very badly so during the early half of the season and Hazard for almost the entire season ! So only Willian was left.
I think he lost his free kick skills however, even before Luiz started taking the free kicks.

I have never sided with Willian's critics. Granted there are some better right wingers around, e.g. Bale, but the critics are too harsh.

He's one of those players that I believe will, many years from now, look back on time and feel he enjoyed his time here more than any other club. Obviously that's no reason to keep a player, but it makes any potential departure hard on the heart. My god I miss Mata.

Last year he was our POTY not because he is so much better but because he was the best of a bad bunch. And he tried harder than the rest  which is the sign of a good player. This bad spell because of his mum is understandable as I'm sure anyone whos had it happen will understand and Ive always liked the guy as a person. He is what we need in players. The thing is hes just not good enough.

We have had so many playters even since Eden came that we have used in the RW position. And tho I'd have tried harder with 3 or 4 of them none have been that real ballance to Eden apart from Mata.

I know its hard to really choose between him and Pedro but I think Id keep Willian as back up but we need to really look for 1 proper upgrade and pay whatevers needed to get him.

And we need to thank him if the story anout him being the one to bring Luiz back is true.

I was too hard on the lad after the B'Mouth game.

I just rewatched it and he was actually pretty good tho he did make a couple of dodgy decisions.

Up until his mums illness I would have picked him over Pedro any day but its either hit him very hard or hes finding something else difficult uright now. Or Pedro is just playing out of his skin.

I'm not in a urgent rush to upgrade the RW as both lads are on form so we can afford to wait till the right one comes along. But if they keep doing what theyre doing I'm wondering if they could do it in Europe too?

Fantastic goals from willian. Two open play goals from willian is a rare feat, fantastic. 

He was very bad in the first half, poor passes, poor decisions, not passing to Moses, then in the 2nd half, Bang!! He started linking up with Moses, started making runs behind for Fabregas to find him and stopped occupying space on the wing for Moses to run into. 

The best of both worlds from willian yesterday.