Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Willian


Jas
 Share
Followers 7

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Willian's heat map vs Man City.

Posted Images

Just now, Jason said:

Sorry to say this but Ray Wilkins is a complete idiot! :doh:

He picks Willian ahead of Kante and essien Ray must be back on the drink :drunk:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, the wes said:

He picks Willian ahead of Kante and essien Ray must be back on the drink :drunk:

Just realized that was from 2015 but still. Wilkins is an idiot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On November 15, 2017 at 3:39 PM, The Skipper said:

Willian has rarely ever played centrally for CFC, Wilkins is such an idiot. Can’t believe he’s still hired with his ridiculous views. 

Im far from a fan of Wilkins and i think he's one of the worst pundits going,but bar that ludicrous Willian selection that team is pretty spot on bar maybe Azpi squeezed in somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Im far from a fan of Wilkins and i think he's one of the worst pundits going,but bar that ludicrous Willian selection that team is pretty spot on bar maybe Azpi squeezed in somewhere.

Would replace Ivanovic with Azpi at RB or Willian with Azpi and switch to a back 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2017 at 1:39 AM, Tomo said:

Im far from a fan of Wilkins and i think he's one of the worst pundits going,but bar that ludicrous Willian selection that team is pretty spot on bar maybe Azpi squeezed in somewhere.

The Willian selection is just so ludicrous. He’s shoehorning him in at CM just to prove a dumb point. No way he’s had a better CFC career than any of these: Essien, Ballack, Joe Cole, Mata, Anelka, Azpi (3ATB), even someone like Malouda or Tiago arguably. Heck, I find Kalou equally as valuable, perhaps even more so.

Apart from that the rest of the team is good, would swap out Ivanovic for Azpi though. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

The Willian selection is just so ludicrous. He’s shoehorning him in at CM just to prove a dumb point. No way he’s had a better CFC career than any of these: Essien, Ballack, Joe Cole, Mata, Anelka, Azpi (3ATB), even someone like Malouda or Tiago arguably. Heck, I find Kalou equally as valuable, perhaps even more so.

Apart from that the rest of the team is good, would swap out Ivanovic for Azpi though. 

Does make you wonder what 'input' he use to give when he was with us, maybe Malouda at full back was his idea :drunk:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe Man United actually wanted him last summer. Willian's admitted it himself. I'm shocked. :dance:Exciting times if they're still into him. Maybe Jose genuinely cares after all.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Selling him for right price is a good move only if his replacement is a better player. Lucas Moura is not a better player, worse, just younger, has arguably the same defects Willian does: poor decision making at times, lacks consistent end product, doesn’t score enough goals. Has to be an improvement. I’m glad the club have decided Pedro is the better player to keep out of the two or so I’d say, think some people don’t realise he has got a bit more guile and more end product than Willian although they can both be equally frustrating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Selling him for right price is a good move only if his replacement is a better player. Lucas Moura is not a better player, worse, just younger, has arguably the same defects Willian does: poor decision making at times, lacks consistent end product, doesn’t score enough goals. Has to be an improvement. I’m glad the club have decided Pedro is the better player to keep out of the two or so I’d say, think some people don’t realise he has got a bit more guile and more end product than Willian although they can both be equally frustrating.

If we are going 3 5 2 as the way forward, i would rather replace him with a striker.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If we are going 3 5 2 as the way forward, i would rather replace him with a striker.

I’d agree but 343 is always very useful and a good alternative to have. Musonda not a reliable option yet for me, not enough experience at the highest level so if we were to lose Willian and have to resort to 343 if Eden picked up an injury for instance we’d be pretty paper thin in attack. Although we already are. Need a striker and winger in January or the summer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Willian has spoken out about the links with Manchester United

"I had contact with Manchester United but I was not close to leaving.

"Of course, sometimes you get upset that you’re not playing.

"But that doesn’t mean you do not like the club or the people who work there." (football.london)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beigl said:

Would be utter nonsense if we transfer yet another player to Manchester.

I honestly wouldn't care. Will be annoying for the first few weeks while the media and United fans make out he's Ronaldinho reborn and bring him up every time Hazard and Pedro get dispossessed, but the crux of the matter is United will be throwing silly money at yet another Chelsea player who's best days are in the past, he's been our 3rd choice winger under Conte for a reason.

It's a shame Woodward wasn't running transfers at United around 2011 time, we could have palmed Alex, Essien, Malouda, Anelka and Kalou on them for obscene cash.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...