Willian

Jase

Honestly, I have no idea why so many got worked up because of what I said about Willian before. I'm totally aware of the reasons that have been mentioned but have I like gone out to say 'If Willian doesn't perform in the next few games, we should sell him because he's rubbish!' or things like that?! No. I don't think there's any wrong if I want to see more from Willian going forward because right now, I've not seen enough of it yet.

I can answer for me 1) I'm not worked up. 2) your statement sounded unfair and inaccurate

But we can agree to disagree.

Honestly, I have no idea why so many got worked up because of what I said about Willian before. I'm totally aware of the reasons that have been mentioned but have I like gone out to say 'If Willian doesn't perform in the next few games, we should sell him because he's rubbish!' or things like that?! No. I don't think there's any wrong if I want to see more from Willian going forward because right now, I've not seen enough of it yet.

People brought up fair points to counter your criticism of Willian so:

75639-cat-glasses-deal-with-it-gif-7boF.

:D

You must have posted that on purpose! And a well timed adorable cat to improve my mood. :lol:

And I did not dismiss their views/factors, did I?

Right you are ;)

On Willian you're right he can do better in attack, but there are many factors that might be the cause of this that have been posted. But in the mean time he's not just slouching around, but working very hard and has been involved in goals when he has played, so i'm fairly happy with him.

Fair enough. I don't think there was anything at all problematic with what you said. I actually think you often raise interesting points and this one got me thinking. Really, what I was trying to get at is that the whole "wanting to see more of Willian going forward" should also apply to the other AMs. We all love that the trio behind the striker are working hard for the team defensively, however it seems to have completely gone under the radar that Oscar, Schurrle and Hazard have only made one assist between the three of them. But right now Oscar and Hazard are scoring goals so maybe it's not such an issue that they're not raking up assists....

He was good on the ball, but missing that sitter prob costed us the game. Had we scored then, we wouldn't need to be so exposed to counters for the remaining of the match. Goals change games and you cannot miss a frontal opportunity without pressure just outside the 6-yard box.

Fair enough. I don't think there was anything at all problematic with what you said. I actually think you often raise interesting points and this one got me thinking. Really, what I was trying to get at is that the whole "wanting to see more of Willian going forward" should also apply to the other AMs. We all love that the trio behind the striker are working hard for the team defensively, however it seems to have completely gone under the radar that Oscar, Schurrle and Hazard have only made one assist between the three of them. But right now Oscar and Hazard are scoring goals so maybe it's not such an issue that they're not raking up assists....

Fair enough. :)

TBF, I have commented on the other AMs that they should also be doing more or better offensively such as in Schurrle's case, improving his use of the ball. Hence why we seem to be praising so many these days because of their defensive work. However, therein lies the problem as well. Because of this counter attacking or that bit of cautious/defensive approach, the players seem to have been tasked to do more defensive work than anything else and resulting in the fact our players especially the creative offensive ones are not maximized to its full potential to really have a go at teams. Can understand if that approach is taken against the big teams but the small ones? We have not done anywhere near what did in the first half against Hull in other games against lesser sides. Hardly seen much of it.