Willian

Jase

I think it could be a mistake if scolari doesn't select willian for the world cup. Willy should be oscar's competitor for no. 10 in brasil as he also brings creativity, balance and energy but can also fill in for neymar and hulk if necessary. Brasil need him

I read somewhere a few weeks ago from a journalist who is very close to Scolari that he wants to call Willian up more than any other player, as he is quick, strong and extremely technical and tactically versatile being able to play anywhere across the attacking midfield whislt being very good off the ball as well.

He only hasn't yet because Willian has barely played, he's finally getting his fitness levels on par with the boys who had a pre season, I think it's gonna happen soon.

He is as silky as they come on the ball, a combination of arrogance and elegance in his technique. As for his game today, he was all right overall, did a few brilliant things here and there but I was expecting a little more - something like a brace of goals or so hehe.

He's got to show the boss he wants a spot in the first 11, he's not there yet.

do you think it is better than hazards?

Probably on the same level in terms of acceleration, but when it comes to pace Willian is clearly faster. It's not just that he's fast, but that he seems to do it effortlessly. Just glides on the pitch.

I think it could be a mistake if scolari doesn't select willian for the world cup. Willy should be oscar's competitor for no. 10 in brasil as he also brings creativity, balance and energy but can also fill in for neymar and hulk if necessary. Brasil need him

Hmm, yes and no! :lol:

Brazil has Bernard and Lucas as back-up wingers and Scolari trusts them, so I think it will be hard for Willian to get in the squad with so little time left...

However, Brazil does need a substitute for Oscar. We look very desoriented when he isnt on. My hope is that either Ganso or Kaka start playing well again so they can at least be useful to the group.

Willian, on the other hand, doesnt have the tendency to control the game and stay centralized, he actually plays better when someone else does it for him (like Neymar).

Though, the good thing for our Brazilian player is that Big Phill said he will basically call players he didnt yet tested for our game against Chile (in Canada). So Willian might have one last chance to show he is worth and deserves to be in next year's NT!

Absolutely, and the more minutes he plays the better he looks. Those Spurs fans who were saying they "dodged a bullet" by us signing him are a little quieter now. He is the one genuinely-quality player they could have brought in to replace Bale; instead they are relying on Chadli who is nowhere near Willian's level.

To be fair, they did spend quite a bit of cash on young Erik Lamela who is known for his dribbling ability, technique and pace.

Maybe he is Bale's replacement?

Once Lamela adapts to the physicality and speed of the PL, he could be Spurs x-factor...just like Willian could be our x-factor.

Chadli will be no more than a squad player.

To be fair, they did spend quite a bit of cash on young Erik Lamela who is known for his dribbling ability, technique and pace.

Maybe he is Bale's replacement?

Once Lamela adapts to the physicality and speed of the PL, he could be Spurs x-factor...just like Willian could be our x-factor.

Chadli will be no more than a squad player.

To be honest I'd totally forgotten about Lamela. I guess that shows how much of an impact he's made! :lol:

Absolutely, and the more minutes he plays the better he looks. Those Spurs fans who were saying they "dodged a bullet" by us signing him are a little quieter now. He is the one genuinely-quality player they could have brought in to replace Bale; instead they are relying on Chadli who is nowhere near Willian's level.

Haven't you heard? they always wanted Chadli and thought he was the superior option :Goober: