Are we forgetting the value of Juan Mata?

NishC300

In recent weeks, there has been all sort of speculation regarding the bearded Spaniard who has won two Chelsea Player of The Year awards in a row. Rumours ranging from swap deals to clubs lining up to buy him. Now you must be thinking I’m mad or I live in some cave, because after all you must be thinking which top club let’s go of their best player so easily?

No, I’m not yet and at the same time I’m not saying Chelsea will let him go. The reason I’m still rambling on is because of the fans. The fans who are ready to see him go.

I want to give everyone a quick reminder of who Juan Mata truly is.

We’ve all heard of wizards. They wave their wands and shout incantations like “Stupefy”. Yet Juan Mata is a wizard who uses his foot.

“He is classy, skillful, technical, a creative midfielder with a great eye.” is how ESPN sum him up. Yet if you have witnessed him week in and week out for 2 years, he is more. He is a hard working individual whose only aim is to win the game for his team. He is selfless and down to earth despite being such a brilliant player.

A former student of journalism at the Universidad Politecnica de Madrid who enjoys playing table-tennis in his spare time, Juan Mata has been Chelsea’s standout player and in the 11/12 season was arguably our only creative spark.

But things have changed since then, Chelsea have an abundance of talented, young creative players yet despite that Juan Mata is still Chelsea’s standout player. He created more chances than anybody did for Chelsea last season in the Premier League (95), the only person who is even anywhere close to him is Eden Hazard (65).

Born in Burgos, he scored a staggering 20 goals for Chelsea last season and was the Blues’ 2nd highest goal scorer in the League with 13 goals. A playmaker who provides so many goals and is capable of scoring incredible free kicks, oh how brilliant is Juan.

Not only does he score goals, but it’s the type of goals he scores, look at the goals he scored in the PL:

edjs.png

A fluent English speaker on his arrival at London, Juan Mata is currently studying for a degree in marketing and advertising. Mata is Chelsea’s best passer and every time he picks up the ball he is capable of finding a player. Just look at his pass which set up Ba’s wonderful goal vs United, the way he drifted the ball over the defenders, few players can do that and he definitely is the best at doing that at Chelsea.

He has a near perfect touch and is an extremely reliable and consistent player and has a knack of performing and delivering on the big occasions.

To conclude, all I can say is letting go of Mata would be a terrible decision and even worse if he was part of a swap deal for Rooney. We’d be giving Manchester United a man who could easily guide them to the title.

José Mourinho wouldn’t let go of such a player. Never.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More of a love letter than an article, tbh.. :P

Decent points. Mata is a great character, and a role model too. I still think though that if United were to pay additional £10 million, a straight swap for Rooney wouldn't be a tragedy.

Too small to be an article? But good. decent points. ;)

Once again Nish tries his best & posts an interesting article.

Well done & a message to those who would trade Mata the classiest act of Chelsea to some manure garden.

I wrote it really quickly.

oh and while you're here

REP ME! :P

EDIT: It's not on the main site :(

To see Mata go especially for Rooney, whom I hate the most out of all footballers, will be the most devastating and the worst day, since I became a Chelsea fan!

About the article it's good congrats to the Author, but I think it didn't displayed quite what a person Mata is, what a player he is, a Huge figuire, and a symbol for this football club. His massive contribution and role for the development of Chelsea as football club and a global brand! A future ,if not already a legeng for CFC!

To see Mata go especially for Rooney, whom I hate the most out of all footballers, will be the most devastating and the worst day, since I became a Chelsea fan!

About the article it's good congrats to the Author, but I think it didn't displayed quite what a person Mata is, what a player he is, a Huge figuire, and a symbol for this football club. His massive contribution and role for the development of Chelsea as football club and a global brand! A future ,if not already a legeng for CFC!

Yea sorry mate, I kinda rushed it I guess.

I forgot to add that he took the corner in both Munich and Amsterdam.

Mata has class, plays his heart out for Chelsea, soft spoken man with no controversies...

To bring the Shrek in trade in for Mata to Chelsea is like being stabbed in the back with some dagger, I feel.

Stick your Rooney up to any manure butt instead.

Mata has class, plays his heart out for Chelsea, soft spoken man with no controversies...

To bring the Shrek in trade in for Mata to Chelsea is like being stabbed in the back with some dagger, I feel.

Stick your Rooney up to any manure butt instead.

Bravo :worship:

I don't understand why there is so much trouble around that. Juan was at ConfedCup and had a minor injury in recent weeks, that's why he's not fully fit as seen in the Villa game. I'm sure he'll get his starts once he's back at his best. But it's not like he's untouchable in the starting line-up even if he's not match fit.