Man United v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genius move by mourinho, starting lukaku (our topscorer in pre season) on the bench for the third time in a row while playing torres ba and now schrulle instead of him. Must be great for the lad.

I'd be looking for another loan at this point if I were Lukaku. Really a shame.

I'd be looking for another loan at this point if I were Lukaku. Really a shame.

This. Must be devastating. Asking extra training to be in top form against man u, scored a hattrick against them last season, scored every 48 minutes in pre season, and now is being benched for someone who had an awefull pre season and is playing out of position. should of went on loan.

my post in the André thread a couple of days ago, so I'm not surprised at all. Kevin is playing where Willian is going to play. And I'm so happy Kevin is playing - despite my fantasy - because he killed the match against Hull in those 30 first minutes. Him and Oscar made me come undone with their linkups then

that's what I said in the Willian thread.
If Willian comes I think there's a possibility for us to play with André as a false 9 or just as a striker. He has the tools to do both I just feel like he's going to take a while to adapt - as expected - but yeah, he could be moving more and more forward as time goes.
To this day I'm still feeling sorry for the chip against Hull that was just above the goal. Poor thing.

I want to believe Roman, Mou and the board actually have a plan other than demoralize and make Spurs look like idiots.

yeah, but I'm not sure he won't transition through a false 9 before getting there. I agree I think he can be striker already, I've said it in this thread (or in Torres', not sure) a few times.

If our problem with the striker situation escalates, André can always offer an alternative and if it comes down to that I do hope it's an improvement.

I think his technique is limited. He isn't a disconcerting talented player - something a striker can always use - but maybe that's due to his age. Maybe with time he becomes our very own van Persie :P

He's fast, he has a decent touch, he shoots well. The technique I meant isn't to shoot, but to create the fancy play before shooting. It's not about flashiness sometimes, but resources to do the unexpected or to make much out of little space, limited chances, etc...

All that said, I'm still not 100% sold on him. I don't fear he'll become the next Marin as someone suggested above, but something about him makes me a bit unsure. I hope it's just because I haven't seen enough of him.

Class and and natural technique can't be learned or taught. The guy either is born with it or not. It doesn't seem to be his case, but I know too little about him to really stand by that statement. For now I'm hopeful and seeing him as a promising alternative, all while being a bit unsure :P

now I'll find out if I'm going be sold on him or not. #excitedaboutheprospect

I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF IF ANYONE SAYS FALSE 9. SCHURRLE PLAYED AS A STRIKER AND SECOND STRIKER AT LEVERKUSEN FFS.

no he didnt. he played LW for leverkusen.