Chelsea vs Hull City

BlueLion.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speechless but all i can say right now is IN JOSE I TRUST. because that line-up just fucking screwed my head. the idea of watching that dumb blonde play ahead of ba and lukaku is killing me inside.

also please dont say that essien is a defender. obviously he can play as a defender but i would rather prefer a jet-lagged azpi and a 100% fit and functional bertrand ahead of him.

obviously you didn't see him playa s right-back under Mourinho at Real Madrid and at Chelsea the last time Jose was here.

Relax. I think it won't be a few weeks til we see our true best 11 as such anyway. I'm sure lukaku will get some minutes off the bench.

Exactly. i think the ManU game will see something close to our best starting XI but right now we don't have a best starting XI and it certainly can't be based on a few meaningless pre-season games. Anyway, we'll have a lot of rotation because we have so much depth. I can't believe people are complaining already.

Well, I kinda get it . Lukaku had a meh game a couple of days ago and came off the pitch a bit 'touched' psychologically. You could see it.

So why not bring him slowly - the pressure would have been big in his first game at home. Now he can come off the bench destroy them and build up confidence. Apparantly BA is there too just in case Torres sucks soooo bad we need to score and we need to put two strikers on. Why would we have a lot of defensive options, when you have a guy like Essien that can play there, has experience and can also be used for other tactical purposes in the midfield.

I get the line-up actually...

Lukaku not played well enough to warrant a start on opening day. And him starting for Belgium is no excuse as KDB and Hazard also did, if anything that match didn't help given how badly he played.

Torres looked alright in preseason, he'll run around and make space for the midfielders behind him.

I don't understand why people are so pissed of at Torres starting. Lukaku will come on as a sub for sure and will most likely start against Villa. Torres is good, and from what was seen in pre season when torres plays, his role is more of a rotational one letting the 3 behind him attack more.

It looks like Jose understand we cant play with a lone striker up top as hull will probably defend pretty hard, instead he's opting for hte attacking 4 to just run at them and rotate like a nice 5 a side type tactic. itll tire hull out defensively pretty quick and we should get more opportunities this way.

I don't understand why people are so pissed of at Torres starting. Lukaku will come on as a sub for sure and will most likely start against Villa. Torres is good, and from what was seen in pre season when torres plays, his role is more of a rotational one letting the 3 behind him attack more.

It looks like Jose understand we cant play with a lone striker up top as hull will probably defend pretty hard, instead he's opting for hte attacking 4 to just run at them and rotate like a nice 5 a side type tactic. itll tire hull out defensively pretty quick and we should get more opportunities this way.

I do understand Lukaku has more impact as a sub but it's the first game of the season, he should play after a very decent pre season. Just like van Ginkel. Kinda sends the wrong message to the younger players.