Marco van Ginkel

Spike

i think its pretty sure we are trying to sign Cavani, i dont think so many people in Italy are that wrong... but you might be right about the other players.

Not necessarily. Remember when we signed Falcao back in December? Besides all these Cavani rumors where started by Palmeri then everyone else was quoting him and SkyItalia as their source.

Great !

Like I said before he has potential, and its up to him to prove himself and actually reach that potential.

He's a future signing, don't think we're really gonna see him play in blue for like 2-3 years atleast.. Unless he does something incredible on his loan spell.

Have been following Vitesse this season in particular, since I've made quite some money on their games, and this guy strikes me as one of the best in the Dutch League. I think his statistics is something along the lines of 12 goals and 13 assists? When I've watched him play, he always had some sort of impact and controlled the midfield brilliantly, considering his age. For me €8.5 million is an absolute steal, and I really hope we go ahead and finish this piece of business.

I think he won Talent of the year even... ;)

• Chelsea are closing in on Dutch midfield ace Marco van Ginkel. (SKY SPORTS)

That isn't from Sky Sports. They are just summarizing a story that the Daily Mirror are running in their transfer rumours section.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/papertalk

thanks just saw this on espn what do you think of him have you watched him much?

havent watched him for vitesse really but i liked what i saw in the first 2 group matches of euro u21

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/we-cant-compete-with-chelsea-over-marco-van-ginkel-say-ajax-8656767.html

We can't compete with Chelsea over Marco Van Ginkel, say Ajax

Ajax have admitted defeat in their battle with Chelsea for Marco Van Ginkel.

Sporting director Marc Overmars has said they cannot compete with the Blues for the Vitesse Arnhem midfielder, who is currently with the Netherlands Under-21 squad at the European Championship.

Van Ginkel could be Mourinho’s first signing in his second spell at Stamford Bridge, much to Overmars’ disappointment.

"Ajax were very interested in Van Ginkel and we were willing to go quite far," Overmars told Voetbal International.

"But if we have to compete with one of the big clubs from England it is always going to be difficult for us. We cannot beat Chelsea's financial resources."

Would love to see him in a Chelsea jersey next season, replacing Mikel who is going to Gala for 18M (?)

Van Ginkel will only cost 7,5 I belive.

Saw him today against Italy U21, very decent, some good change of play passes.

He is more than welcome from me!!

Although I'd welcome him here, too. He is way too different to Mikel to be called his replacement.