Marco van Ginkel

Spike

Maybe Mou is loaning him out so he can buy another non-HG player?

I just have feeling we will buy one more player before end of august, not sure if we need it though, unless its striker.

Yeah, I can think only of that reason. I love MvG, but if it means we buy a striker, I'd choose a striker. We're more vulnerable in that area.

Where is everyone getting the idea that he will loaned out from? No one has even posted a single link to anything, let alone something reliable.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/14/chelsea-midfielder-could-be-loaned-out-this-season-reveals-agent/

Apparently his agent said so.

The quotes are taken out of context from the original article (which doesn't seem to reliable itself, tbh). It basically says that he won't know for sure if he will get loaned out or stay with the squad until the last week of August. I could have told you that!

loan is a stupid idea. Should be working him into the lineup instead of Mikel IMO.

But, forget for a moment that we have MvG and consider that Chelsea didn't make a move for Kevin Strootman last summer. that was a mistake IMO.

I guess so, but that would leave us thin in central midfield. Last season in addition to Frank, Ramires, Mikel and Matic we also had Luiz who played a lot of games in that position.

Honestly the more I think about it, it was such a silly idea re-signing Drogba. If Mourinho wanted Drogba back then it should have been conditional to Torres leaving. Can't have two non-homegrown players taking up two foreign spots when they're not good enough to be in the squad. If the club aren't prepared to cut their loses with Torres, fair enough but now they've complicated things by adding Drogba because we're having to scrounge around looking for players (that are actually needed) to offload in order to compensate for his inclusion. Just silly.

This is the most logical post I have see in a while lol

I think short term that injury will cost him a lot.

Last year we were somewhat thin in his position and he would have been much more used back then than he can be used now. It's really unfortunate for him to have gotten injured at that time. Now he's third choice for his best position (#6 imo) and if there's one player - saved injuries - that will play all our matches in EPL and UCL is Matic. I think he's one of the first names in Mourinho's sheet which means Marco's chances of playing are very limited.

Had he not gotten injured, he would have grown a lot last season already, with significant play time, and he could be in a much better position now (still behind Matic though).

I think he has to. With us playing 4-3-3 and Oscar and possibly even Willian being considered as CMs, he won't get many minutes on the pitch.