Marco van Ginkel

Spike

He is a box to box midfielder so the i dont think he'll play as CDM once mikel is back.

nice bit of back patting going on between choulo19 and mufassir.

If your team loses more games when you start, your team concedes more goals when you start then I am afraid that CDM tag is a bit of a misnomer.

Choulo has decided to bash Van Ginkel after just two pre-season matches. Personally I think the biggest problem he has with Van Ginkel is that he plays in the same position as Mikel....

Oh is that it? Because I'm seriously scratching my head here wondering what the hell is going on. The kid is 20 and has only played two preseason friendlies for us. Granted, he hasn't been the stand out player but how anyone can sit there and say (with so much certainty) that "he's vision is bad" is bewildering.

To be fair, those 'bashers' waited 200 games before starting on Mikel in some cases.

Choulo has decided to bash Van Ginkel after just two pre-season matches. Personally I think the biggest problem he has with Van Ginkel is that he plays in the same position as Mikel....

I didn't want to say it in those terms, but yes, I agree!

There's nothing wrong with his vision from what I've seen him play in the Eredivisie. Of course it's probably the division where you get most space and time to do as you please. It's just the first two games he has played in pre-season, player of the level as Hazard are clearly not yet doing what they can and loosing the ball to often or not creating as much yet. And the latter had a year to learn to know the players he's playing with. Van Ginkel has vision and talent he just isn't that far yet, he's a bit unpolished, raw and undeveloped. Personally I would have given him a year on loan in a club between the level of Vitesse and Chelsea as a stepping stone. There's a big gap between both clubs you know. He's a bit like KDB two years ago, a lot of potential and a bright future but not ready yet. At least that's my opinion. I'll support him regardless and I'm quite confident he'll make it, he just needs time.

I have a question about him . he can play like a No. 10 ??

for example the next game

-----------Essien-lampard--------

hazard----van Ginkel-----Schurrle

-------------------Ba---------------------

I have a better suggestion. How about we see how he actually performs like in his natural position before we start talking about changing his position?

I have a question about him . he can play like a No. 10 ??

for example the next game

-----------Essien-lampard--------

hazard----van Ginkel-----Schurrle

-------------------Ba---------------------

He can play as the No. 6, No. 8 and No. 10 quite well. Would say No. 10 is his weakest though maybe

Good performance from him today. He really is pretty physical, it should come in handy when we have to face teams like City and Spurs who have big guys playing in the centre to stop us getting bullied off the park

I was very pleased with Marco today.

He covered the pitch well, showed he can move forward and do not embarrass himself, good touch, good ball control, good passing and overall a nice kid.

I'm very happy with this addition to our midfield. God knows we can use some touch and class in that '2' with Lampard's shape so shaky and the likes of Mikel, Ramires and the question mark that is Essien's form...

edit: btw I'm not dismissing the rest of the guys, I'm just happy for having an option different from what we had last season. All of those players have their value... just different kind of players

Sooo much better today. His movement was excellent and his passing was good. Maybe because 4-3-3 feels more natural to him? Or maybe because he's starting to gel more with the team? I don't know. I just hope to see more of this kind of performances. :cfc:

Sooo much better today. His movement was excellent and his passing was good. Maybe because 4-3-3 feels more natural to him? Or maybe because he's starting to gel more with the team? I don't know. I just hope to see more of this kind of performances. :cfc:

It's because he was a box-to-box mid today whereas in the previous two games he was the holding mid and it was pretty obvious he was instructed to not go forward in the first two games. He had good games in every role he's been given so far.

It's because he was a box-to-box mid today whereas in the previous two games he was the holding mid and it was pretty obvious he was instructed to not go forward in the first two games. He had good games in every role he's been given so far.

I disagree about the first two games, but there's no need to go into that now.

Marco van Ginkel, Chelsea's jack of all trades. He looked very comfortable in the box to box role he played today and he also looked good as a holding midfielder in the other two games. Sure hes not played top opposition yet but if he plays in the game against Inter we'll get an ever better look at him in bigger games.