Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea Kits thread

Steve
Followers 7

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Well we have alot more income than 10 years ago, but the money we invest in squad is smaller recent years. Perhaps because we will soon start building new stadium?

Or the club realises they can't make losses forever

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i caved and got him one

Just made this quickly. You get the idea

:whistling:

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't buy kits so at the end of the day I really don't care that much.

Haven't bought a kit since 2008. Still care about the clubs image.

"Everyone judges a book by it's cover" - Steve Jobs

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

This. UA is the new Nike. Only people with lack of vision dont see that.

UA is stuck in the US bubble, and it really suits american sports actually, Nike & Adidas are more stylish so it's suits us europeans more (on a cultural note). UA have a LONG way to go before even making a dent in European football, they'd need to sign up Messi or Ronaldo, or get one of the big 4 clubs, and even then.. it won't be enough, they'd need to destroy the two most successful sports brands in world history. There isn't room for 3 big players, hence why it's always been Nike-Adidas.. then Puma/Umbro etc battling it out amongst themselfs.

I have some UA gear I purchased while in the States and the quality is probably on par or even slightly better than Nike/Adidas tbh. Would be cool to see us as UA's top football side.

3 hours ago, Parky said:

I have some UA gear I purchased while in the States and the quality is probably on par or if not slightly better than Nike/Adidas tbh. Would be cool to see us as UA's top football side.

Those Tottenham kits are the ugliest things I've ever seen. Nike is Nike, the most successful sports brand in world history and synonymous with the beautiful game, it's also the most recognisable logo in world history. And now Chelsea FC is their flagship sponsor in the Premier League.

4 hours ago, Term-X said:

Those Tottenham kits are the ugliest things I've ever seen. Nike is Nike, the most successful sports brand in world history and synonymous with the beautiful game, it's also the most recognisable logo in world history. And now Chelsea FC is their flagship sponsor in the Premier League.

I've really been beliving from day one it has to be Nike, theyr revenge for losing yernited. 

• Like 1

"Having already announced their intention to terminate their kit sponsorship with adidas six years early, Chelsea have agreed a £60 million/year (approximately $87 million) contract with Nike, doubling their previous agreement with adidas."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/chelsea-reportedly-sign-87-millionayear-kit-deal-with-nike/news-story/5320217e2c09d195b7299ffd13d6e387

So the main reason for ending the Adidas deal was because the club was pissed about them immedietly dwarfing our agreement by giving United £75m per year. City are with Nike as well and have only a pathetic £12m per season deal. What happens now if they see our new deal at £60m and negotiate their own new deal and it dwarfs ours again? :D

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

So the main reason for ending the Adidas deal was because the club was pissed about them immedietly dwarfing our agreement by giving United £75m per year. City are with Nike as well and have only a pathetic £12m per season deal. What happens now if they see our new deal at £60m and negotiate their own new deal and it dwarfs ours again? :D

I don't see it happening. Barcelona is rumoured to be signing a new 80m/year contract with Nike and no doubt City won't get a bigger one than that.

12 hours ago, Term-X said:

Haven't bought a kit since 2008. Still care about the clubs image.

"Everyone judges a book by it's cover" - Steve Jobs

Good for you. 

14 hours ago, Term-X said:

UA is stuck in the US bubble, and it really suits american sports actually, Nike & Adidas are more stylish so it's suits us europeans more (on a cultural note). UA have a LONG way to go before even making a dent in European football, they'd need to sign up Messi or Ronaldo, or get one of the big 4 clubs, and even then.. it won't be enough, they'd need to destroy the two most successful sports brands in world history. There isn't room for 3 big players, hence why it's always been Nike-Adidas.. then Puma/Umbro etc battling it out amongst themselfs.

My god you actually know nothing of  UA. They don't even make any kits for any professional American teams. American sports have zero sponsors on the kit. You are telling me that what is worn in Europe is more stylish? You like being a bilboard? Are you actually sitting behind your computer pretending to know about US sports and UA?

To generalise a third of damned population of the globe in one sentence, fuck sake. What are you going to say next? This is stylish?

You make some good points in the latter half of your post but the first sentence... I don't mean to sounds so aggressive btw

wNHrAHt.jpgtumblr_m9gqq8KRbw1r2xls3o1_1280.jpg

• Like 1