2013/14 Premier League Fixtures

Would love Everton. Under new manager, usually start the season slow. Would be good start for Jose especially at the bridge.

A bad idea. They usually start slow but that was under David Moyes. It's now Martinez. There might be a case of their players wanting to impress him.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care who we get, but I want us to play on the first Saturday. One of the companies will want to show it, but I'd take a midday kick-off so long as we play Saturday. First day of the season is about sunny weather, short sleeves and high expectations.

A bad idea. They usually start slow but that was under David Moyes. It's now Martinez. There might be a case of their players wanting to impress him.

I think there will be more a sense of uncertainty about their new system that is bound to still have glitches. Besides they're under Martinez now, so they should start actually playing around April :P

I think there will be more a sense of uncertainty about their new system that is bound to still have glitches. Besides they're under Martinez now, so they should start actually playing around April :P

That is true. Will be interesting to see if he actually uses the back 3 formation at Everton like he did with Wigan though it might work out better with the former given they have the better players. Will be tricky not knowing how they will fare if we face them.

Ideally, hoping for a newly promoted side at home. Start off with a decent game and get that 3 points, hopefully.

Crystal Palace at Selhurt Park please! just round the corner from me!

It's not too far from me either so I'm also looking forward to that match. Because despite being a Chelsea fan since the 90's, I haven't actually been to a game before. But I recently experienced seeing Real Madrid live in Mourinho's last game in charge for them. So I'm now more than ready to see Chelsea play live, especially with the news that Lukaku and De Bruyne will playing for us next season.

I generally look towards Christmas and the end of the season. We tend to always have Fulham and Christmas and Man Utd, Everton and Newcastle towards the end, if this comes up again, I wont be surprised! Also look out for when we have WBA away <_<

Rumors on Twitter that we have Norwich away on the opening weekend and man u play arsenal

Urgh.....away to the cousin-fuckers.

Got a ring of Wigan away in 2005 which isn't a bad omen. Away to Wigan last season too though so would be nice to have a home game this season.

How the Premier League and Football League fixtures are compiled

The football fixtures will be announced on Wednesday and the story behind the process is a laborious and complicated one

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/15/fixtures-premier-league-football-league-compiled

"I don't think people realise what goes into it," says the Football League fixtures officer, Paul Snellgrove. "They think names go into a hat and it's almost like a draw. Because it's so difficult to explain it's hard to keep people's attention."