Chelsea are a top team now - but are these the best days?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure you use the troll face in 90% of your posts :Goober:

Im enjoying the period chelsea is at, i wasnt there during the difficult period since i only started following chelsea and english football since 2001/2.

But i truly believe that the best is yet to come for Chelsea as a club and brand.

We are agree then.

:Goober:

For nearly everyone yes but I've had more joy from less spectacular triumphs.

No offence, but weren't you like 9 years old when Roman took over? You're signature is about wanting Roman out and being against 'modern football', but isn't 'modern football' all you've ever known?

Out of interest, this era of football that you seem to long for - were you even alive to experience it?

No offence, but weren't you like 9 years old when Roman took over? You're signature is about wanting Roman out and being against 'modern football', but isn't 'modern football' all you've ever known?

Out of interest, this era of football that you seem to long for - were you even alive to experience it?

Yer, no its a fair point I was only 10 when he took over and i'd only been taken to games for a couple of years previous but I've still seen the progression of the club and the 'fan experience' in the 10 years I've been going since. Plus i know football outside of Chelsea, follow my non league team etc and even If i didn't anyone can be against the concept of modern football.

Think this is down to everyone individually. And also a psychological thing, because its not the same to watch your team win the Champions League when you're 60, 30 or 18 for example.

Each and every one of us lives through these moments in a different way, so I'd say there isn't a correct answer to that question. One can only speak for himself and not judge others.

As for me, last year's CL campaign is something I'll treasure forever and think it was the best time to be a Chelsea supporter.

It's different. There's more pressure than there used to be because the expectation is higher, and the little things you used to take pleasure in simply aren't there anymore. Mostly the pleasures are different and the club is different and some of these are for the better, and some of them aren't.

I think I'd prefer to look on it more as a journey rather than a then and now. I think you've also got to remember that the world has changed now - as soon as we're linked with a player then it's off to whoscored, youtube, FIFA and FM to scout him so that by the time he's signed you know his shoe size. I remember turning up to the Bridge one day and discovering we'd signed some bloke called Laurent Charvet....that doesn't happen anymore.

I honestly don't know....there's a thousand changes at this club in my time supporting Chelsea. I don't miss the wooden seats in the West Stand but I do miss the old Shed. I don't miss some aspects of our support but I really miss others.

It depends how nostalgic you want to be. I honestly miss the smell of beer and cigarettes because that's what I associate with my early days of going to the Bridge, but I'm sure the kids who go nowadays have got better lungs and less fag-burns. Still that smell takes me right back....I suppose that's a bit like Chelsea. Everything's cleaner, shinier and in HD, but I wouldn't swap the old days for anything and it's nigh-on impossible to compare the two.

:cry::cry:

Fuck this....I'm digging out the VHS and watching the 93/94 season review again.

Spoiler Alert

Ellery's a cunt. :rant::rant:

Heh I couldn't afford to watch Chelsea as an 18 yr old - so I did the next best thing :) got a job as a steward :) The Old Shed End... Ahhhh

Actually I still smoke at grounds - especially Wembley, so sit near me next time I'm at the Bridge ;)

I agree and touched on it in my post - the pressure stops all of the little moments that used to mean so much - but if you analyse it's the same really... Beating Utd Home and Away was a great achievement (Carling Cup equivalent back then) ;)

Agree on the transfers - Winston Bogarde - never even saw the fucker - not even on training ground!!!!