Who Is Your Greatest of All Time?

Spike

I'll always remember Asprilla because he took part in one of the greatest premier league matches I've ever witnessed.

Newcastle v. Liverpool in '96. If you haven't seen it, watch the highlights, outstanding game!

Faustino is very loved here. Even though Falcao is better, I think Asprilla is still the best striker of Colombia.

Here is a great goal he score in Serie A. It is at 3:52

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, this thread is not to talk about players you liked when you were a chico? :(

Yeah, but I said 'hero' not 'heroes'. DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND PLURALS?

You are excused if English is not your first language. But if it is, you should be deeply ashamed to the dishonour you have brought to your family.

Zidane & Ronaldo.

These two were just, incredible when I was growing up watching football. They played the game so well, Zidane more so. Their appreciation for the game, the way they went about it.. you know in 2002 we were witnessing something phenomenal (pun intended) when Ronaldo lit up the World Cup. And you know in 2003 that no-one deserve that CL winning goal more than The Scientist.

²

Zidane

I've never seen a player witch such a unique style of ball control than this guy. Absolute joy to watch and i remember feeling kinda empty when he quit football.

Ronaldo

Probably the best striker ever to have graced the footballfields when he was in his prime

Nilis

Because he's awesome and never made an ugly goal. One of the most underappreciated players ever.

In my childhood years almost every player like Beckham, Fat Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Henry and most of those overhyped by the media, I considered overrated, probably because of childish fanboyism and me trying not to follow the masses :D I never actually had a hero and a role model until this man stepped in the big scene:

Frank-Lampard5.jpg

I think this guy deserves a mention. I haven't see that much of him in his prime, but his performances in the 98 World Cup were really special. That's actually the first football event I have clear memories about. Too bad he later had a stint with Arsenal.

suker981.jpg

You are excused if English is not your first language. But if it is, you should be deeply ashamed to the dishonour you have brought to your family.

Why talk the shit about my familia? :(

Ok!

Do you guys know these golden oldies then? Not the best but guys .... But dudes that stood out in my childhood because they were 'different'.

1. http://ball72.com/data_images/carlos-valderrama/carlos-valderrama-02.jpg

3.http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ENPBORHngNk/SpcvI0WnKhI/AAAAAAAAC0U/KcHFQUGrDuU/s400/Faustino+asprilla.jpg

Amazing guys that sparkled very brightly once

Great! You know our Colombian heroes! If you know of the escarabajos, (ciclismo is very famous in Belgie, no?) then I think you are a nice person! :D

You are how old? I think many people here will not know stars from 90s. I am 26, so even me, I could only see little bits of them. But the tragedy is Andrés Escobar :(.

Maybe you should've bolded and that part in the OP. Bold and size 48

Ronaldo

First player I ever saw play. It was for Brazil. I have no recollection who it was against but I remember being up close to the TV while in holiday in Madeira when I was 2 years old I think, so close to the TV my eyes were nearly burning. I got a headache that night and couldn't stop crying. Anyway, he scored a goal from outside the box I think and then apparently I was lost for words (not that i knew many at the time) according to my mum and could barely breathe, staring at the screen in shock. It was my introduction to football.

A year later my granddad took me to a Germany - Brazil friendly as he was going to where the game was on his sailing boat (also my first introduction to boats), and Ronaldo scored the winner in a 1-2 win. Then just a few years ago (2009 I believe), my 2nd-cousin's uncle, a hardcore Chelsea fan, was in Brazil doing something oil-related as he manages oil rigs. He apparently attended a Corinthians game and got Ronaldo to sign the top he was wearing (a Chelsea top), which he gave to me when he got home. I'm a little suspicious though and for some reason believe he may have just signed it himself, but he's the same guy who got me and his son to meet Makelele and Joe Cole :ph34r:

So yes. Ronaldo.

soccer-friendly-germany-v-brazil.jpg