Who Is Your Greatest of All Time?

Spike

Those two are way too 'recent' to be my childhood heroes, but I definitely enjoyed (still do) every freaking moment of their careers!

This is no secret, but one of the very big reasons I love EPL and Chelsea is because of Lampard...

what? you're a year older!

maybe because i got into football little later. when i was 10-11. Not 7-8. India - Sport=Cricket.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3legends.jpg

These three always pop into my mind when this question is raised (Mind you, there are also others). Hard to choose one. I particularly enjoy watching intelligent players, so Zizou possibly edges it for me :dunno: .

Welcome to the battle field sasuke

what? you're a year older!

maybe because i got into football little later. when i was 10-11. Not 7-8. India - Sport=Cricket.

Yeah, that is why I quoted you, because I know we have the same age!

From what I understood from Jake's post, was that we had to post the image and explanation of our first childhood football hero (the one you thought was the best of the world). That happened to me in the Palmeiras legendary 90s team, with Rivaldo/Evair/Roberto Carlos/Marcos/etc!

I watched football since I was born (literally, I celebrated the 94 WC vomiting on my father's jersey!), so my first experiences came with 5-7yo.

Of course I loved seeing Zidane, Ronaldinho, Lampard, Kaka, Henry, etc. But they all came after my first intake of football legends. :P

Ok!

Do you guys know these golden oldies then? Not the best but guys .... But dudes that stood out in my childhood because they were 'different'.

1. http://ball72.com/data_images/carlos-valderrama/carlos-valderrama-02.jpg

2. http://www.yotufutbol.com/contenido/africa/camerun/roger%20milla/milla7.jpg

3.http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ENPBORHngNk/SpcvI0WnKhI/AAAAAAAAC0U/KcHFQUGrDuU/s400/Faustino+asprilla.jpg

Amazing guys that sparkled very brightly once

Without a doubt my childhood hero has been this guy

oliver-kahn.jpg

Best goalkeeper of all times. Despite playing for BAyern I admired not only his goalkeeping ability but also his ravenous will for victory, He was the only goalkeeper and captain, who was always present on the field. Even if he had 100m to run, he would always be the first one to shout at the referee when he felt a teammate had been unfairly treatened.

Zidane & Ronaldo.

These two were just, incredible when I was growing up watching football. They played the game so well, Zidane more so. Their appreciation for the game, the way they went about it.. you know in 2002 we were witnessing something phenomenal (pun intended) when Ronaldo lit up the World Cup. And you know in 2003 that no-one deserve that CL winning goal more than The Scientist.

faustino_asprilla_300x350.jpg

This is Asprilla, very good Colombian striker. He played for Newcasle maybe 15 years back.

I'll always remember Asprilla because he took part in one of the greatest premier league matches I've ever witnessed.

Newcastle v. Liverpool in '96. If you haven't seen it, watch the highlights, outstanding game!

Without a doubt my childhood hero has been this guy...

Best goalkeeper of all times. Despite playing for BAyern I admired not only his goalkeeping ability but also his ravenous will for victory, He was the only goalkeeper and captain, who was always present on the field. Even if he had 100m to run, he would always be the first one to shout at the referee when he felt a teammate had been unfairly treatened.

Yeah, I still thank him whenever I rewatch the 2002 WC Final! :halo:

Yeah, I still thank him whenever I rewatch the 2002 WC Final! :halo:

whatever. without Kahn we would not even have reached the final. We were lucky to even beat South Korea and USA. Our best outfield player was banned and you would have scored either way. Our team was shit and Brazil had one of their best ever teams in 2002. Cafu, Lucio, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ze Roberto it was out of this world. But 2014 it will be the other way round and it will be payback in your own country.

whatever. without Kahn we would not even have reached the final. We were lucky to even beat South Korea and USA. Our best outfield player was banned and you would have scored either way. Our team was shit and Brazil had one of their best ever teams in 2002. Cafu, Lucio, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ze Roberto it was out of this world. But 2014 it will be the other way round and it will be payback in your own country.

True, but if you do beat us, please (in the name of all Gods) beat Argentina as well! :P

True, but if you do beat us, please (in the name of all Gods) beat Argentina as well! :P

Who the fuck is Argentina? Get your money on another 4-0 win. Brazil-Germany is one of the greatest rivalries in international football. Hopefully we get another match between us next year.

Who the fuck is Argentina? Get your money on another 4-0 win. Brazil-Germany is one of the greatest rivalries in international football. Hopefully we get another match between us next year.

Dude, you have no idea how much Brazilians screamed when Germany kept scoring. We were super sad that Brazil had lost for Holland and then Argentina got trashed so badly (should have been more than 4-0)....